Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,

ive been effectivly lighting my skin for over 6 or so years now. i found this forum just by chance and have been reading a few of the posts.

The main lighting cream that i have been using for the past couple of years is clear essence maxi tone. i know this product has been banned in the uk now.

i didnt realise that HQ is bad for your skin clear essence has 2% HQ. you may wounder why i have been using it for so long. well its pretty cheap compared to some of the creams mentioned in this forum. but now i know why its cheap the ingidents arent good for you. but another reason that i have been using it for so long is cus it works. i am brown skin and i have lighted two shades or so. i have stopped at started with the cream once i have the skin colour i like. but yes the results are not premement! and it is a slow process which i didnt really mind as i dont want everyone to notice my skins now lighter.

but i now want to use something that is safe ans effective and not too pricey. i was leaning towards fair and flawless or meladerm what am i to do???

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Actually, HQ in & of itself is NOT dangerous: that is a myth! We've de-bunked it here by posting links to the actual evidence. Go to the threads specifically about HQ & safety & read for yourself. O'm sure you'll feel relieved!

Meladerm & F&F are both grossly overpriced. There are better choices!

If you've only lightened '2 shades or so' in 6 years, you are not using the product best suited to your skin type. What colour are you BTW? (compare to a well known celeb)

Another thing we've discovered here (The HARD way
) is that there's NO CORRELATION between effectiveness & pricing! Some brand names from Europe sell for a fortune for a small dollop BUT the actual cost is more about packaging & name-brand 'cachet'! Some inexpensive generics (like HQ4%) have been consistantly scientifically proven to lighten well whereas many of the 'exotic' costly creams do very little. Vendors will price something at whatever they think they can dupe the public into paying for it.

Please do stick around & read read read through the threads. You'll learn a bundle & you'll be on your way to REAL results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply ill go through more of the posts.

is HQ4 0R HQ2 safe to use for long periods of time though as we no that skin lighten isnt permenant. so this is something we will have to do long term.

i would love if there was something to make you get lighter and stay that way!

i would say my skin colour is a shade darker than tyra banks. i just want to be a shade lighter ans maintain it.

where do you buy your HQ4 from and do you use the retin a just for your face? or body as well

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
To fid my sources go to the thread "what is your current routine 2009" or some name to that effect. I posted my sources there this morning. Many people here are also using these 2 places.

HQ2% will not do much on skin your colour. Try using the 4%. It IS safe if used correctly (2-3x/day max). As far as remaining that way permanently, you are genetically programmed to produce a certain amt of melanin. If you completely quit using the creams, you will go back to where you originally were. Once you get to the colour you want to be (should be 4 months or so for you) switch to a maintenance routine: use the creams 2-3 times/week only.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts