Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What are your experiences with lightorexia? I was looking through some of my old photos and I remember when I took this pic I thought my hands and legs were too dark and they didn’t match my chest and I needed to bleach harder after I hit my goal of NC20 I wanted to be NC15 then NC10 I don’t know what was wrong with me I think there’s a certain high from jumping shades. You get treated differently, the compliments etc. and if I was looking in the mirror in a dark room I would be like omg I look dark but I was even lighter than some of my white friends. The funny thing is at the very beginning of my journey I wanted to be Megan goods color. Sorry for the messed up nails, I was originally sending this to someone to pay for my next fill in lol
B532EDDC-31D4-4860-97EC-F232D9FB6F78.jpg

·
Registered
439 Posts
What are your experiences with lightorexia? I was looking through some of my old photos and I remember when I took this pic I thought my hands and legs were too dark and they didn’t match my chest and I needed to bleach harder after I hit my goal of NC20 I wanted to be NC15 then NC10 I don’t know what was wrong with me I think there’s a certain high from jumping shades. You get treated differently, the compliments etc. and if I was looking in the mirror in a dark room I would be like omg I look dark but I was even lighter than some of my white friends. The funny thing is at the very beginning of my journey I wanted to be Megan goods color. Sorry for the messed up nails, I was originally sending this to someone to pay for my next fill in lol
View attachment 62041
Hello dear,long time. How have you been

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Looks great to me :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
345 Posts
View attachment 62041
yes lightorexia is the devil ...people consider me light , i i still feel dark as hell , im a solid nc45 , i sometimes i feel like im nc 50...i need to work on my hands and ears ...u used a dodo/g&g and ikb mix right ? i followed your journey ( great results btw with a natural looking tone) but i cant remember exactly

·
Registered
973 Posts
@lightenme: my left ear is darker than right one and even with occluding which feels weird by the way, doesn't work. Now about my knuckles... gaaaaaah :scream::help:

·
Registered
241 Posts
@2toned you have yet to post a pic of your problem area(s).. what is your current tone?

From your posts, nothing works for your skin. People could better help you if they see what they’re working with.

^dont take this wrong

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes lightorexia is the devil ...people consider me light , i i still feel dark as hell , im a solid nc45 , i sometimes i feel like im nc 50...i need to work on my hands and ears ...u used a dodo/g&g and ikb mix right ? i followed your journey ( great results btw with a natural looking tone) but i cant remember exactly
Yes I know how you feel if I don’t look light in every lighting situation I feel super dark! I used skin light for some months then a piona mix, then a dodo lotion, g&g lotion g&g oil mix and I would put on the dodo cleansing oil for a few mins then use dodo soap to shower, for hands I used la peel 90% then dodo and g&g mix in my “lightenme’s” journey to success I detail it a lot better and thank you!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes @Muse complexion is my favorite so far on sct, I think I posted this in my journey to success thread somewhere and it has my whole journey/regime, I’ll try to find the pg # and edit it in here and thank you!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@lightenme: my left ear is darker than right one and even with occluding which feels weird by the way, doesn't work. Now about my knuckles... gaaaaaah :scream::help:
try puttting on a 10% GA lotion on first wait 15 mins then use your mix! I hope that helps dodo lotion /G&G lotion topped with g&g oil and occlusion should help! Try a la peel on them first 90% be careful to only leave it on max 2 mins

·
Registered
150 Posts
Your old threads is what converted me from a lurker! What regimen got you so light before? I'd like to maintain at around Rihanna's complextion untanned.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
try puttting on a 10% GA lotion on first wait 15 mins then use your mix! I hope that helps dodo lotion /G&G lotion topped with g&g oil and occlusion should help! Try a la peel on them first 90% be careful to only leave it on max 2 mins
Hi sun kissed lips how are you? Your results are absolutely gorgeous and beautiful.those knuckles look more Natural than a total clean knuckles. In my opinion totally clean knuckles look like a Barbie dolls hand (just my opinion no one should crucify me for it) good job girl.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Clear quick was popular here for like 6 months I think people liked it. Dodo oil feels so good I stopped after one bottle tho... That ish is expensive. @2toned

1 - 20 of 115 Posts