Skin Care Talk banner

61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Can confirm lol
on quora the question that is asked 1000 times a day by Indian people is how to lighten skin color or if white girls like to date indian guys. I swear that's all they think of
Careful babe im of indian descent 😉
But yea its just the mentality imbedded in the culture
(probably because of the english)
“Light skin is attractive/higher class”

Its why most actors and models in the country are fair and the market for lighteners there is the largest

I gotta say though a lot of the people on quora seem like idiots with weird insecurities.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Careful babe im of indian descent 😉
But yea its just the mentality imbedded in the culture
(probably because of the english)
“Light skin is attractive/higher class”

Its why most actors and models in the country are fair and the market for lighteners there is the largest

I gotta say though a lot of the people on quora seem like idiots with weird insecurities.
Its definitely a cultural thing, but let's also not forget we do live in a eurocentric world thanks to European colonization, so almost every culture values lighter skintones. (Not saying every individual does value this though)

And yess, they are always asking such weird questions. I know some of them are anonymous, but it's like wow some of it is disturbing. Lmao

·
Registered
225 Posts
Was she staring because she knew you lightened or because your skin is glowing?

I definitely understand that if that's the cause.
Had a guy call me red recently. LOL. He was yelling down the street like a fool.
My skin was much lighter and glowed. She was staring like what's going on...couldn't put her finger on it, but she sensed a change lol

Who was hollering at you down the street? Lol let's guess a black man.

·
Registered
225 Posts
WoW this thread is interesting. @lightenme I would definitely BUY your book chronicling the life of white privileges if you wrote one. It would be $ NYTimes best-seller $

All I know know is light skin privilege after I went from NW55 to NC45. Black men gives out the most privilege loool
Your comment about black men lol

·
Registered
622 Posts
My skin was much lighter and glowed. She was staring like what's going on...couldn't put her finger on it, but she sensed a change lol

Who was hollering at you down the street? Lol let's guess a black man.
You called it lmaoooo. I didn't even need to say it

·
Registered
49 Posts
No problem anytime! I need to get back to occluding every night again it gives the best and most effective results
@lightenme, when you occlude in your sauna suit did you wear undies and do you shower right after you take it off or let the product soak in your skin more? I'm excited because I just ordered one and want to get the same effectiveness you speak of

·
Registered
68 Posts
Lightorexia is annoying

When I tell y’all lightorexia is real. These are pics before my lightening and me right now. I’m a bit Caramel now but I really don’t see that and I feel like I’m still the colour as when I started. I’ll get comments from my brother and sister “you’re like lightskin now” “omg ur so caramel” but I legit don’t see it. As long as I’m dark in different lighting I’ll never be my desired complexion it seems. I still have battles to work on like my knuckles, knees and elbows they scream “bleacher” at the moment smh

Attachments

·
Registered
622 Posts
@Skncare

Loves it!!!
Not quite light skinned but definitely caramel boo.
The hair color suits you well too.

How long did your transformation take and what were your staples?

Also, what MAC shade are you?

·
Registered
207 Posts
You're definitely not dark skin and you look really good too
i think a good idea on what your mac shade and what shade you want to get to will help the lightorexia @BrightB93 what would you say is her mac shade now?

·
Registered
68 Posts
@Skncare

Loves it!!!
Not quite light skinned but definitely caramel boo.
The hair color suits you well too.

How long did your transformation take and what were your staples?

Also, what MAC shade are you?
Thank you hun. I started around Feb, but stopped on and off in April then restarted just now. Because I’m only using HQ products with LA lotion/Ga when stopping the LA lotion helped me maintain I don’t even use sunscreen which I probably should lol. I have no clue what shade I am in Mac , can you recommend me a shade?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
@lightenme, when you occlude in your sauna suit did you wear undies and do you shower right after you take it off or let the product soak in your skin more? I'm excited because I just ordered one and want to get the same effectiveness you speak of
Yes I wore most thongs! I would shower right after or I would sometimes apply another layer of cream if I wanted to be extra and leave it on for like 2hrs then shower!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes I wore most thongs! I would shower right after or I would sometimes apply another layer of cream if I wanted to be extra and leave it on for like 2hrs then shower!
Ok thongs makes sense thank you sooooo much I'm so excited to get started

·
Registered
622 Posts
Thank you hun. I started around Feb, but stopped on and off in April then restarted just now. Because I’m only using HQ products with LA lotion/Ga when stopping the LA lotion helped me maintain I don’t even use sunscreen which I probably should lol. I have no clue what shade I am in Mac , can you recommend me a shade?
Was your avi your goal?
Cause if so, you are there girl!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Was your avi your goal?
Cause if so, you are there girl![/QUOTE]

Initially it was but now mfor some reason I just wanna keep going.. lol

61 - 80 of 115 Posts