Skin Care Talk banner

81 - 100 of 115 Posts

Registered
In that case my goal is like nc35 . What shade are you atm & what鈥檚 your goal? 馃檪
I was recently matched to an NC45 but it was too orange, so that's inaccurate.
My goal is about an NC42/NW35 or maybe NW40 if it's not as dark as I think it is.

Who's your celebrity goal?

Registered
Hi everyone, so I restarted my lightening journey at the beginning of this year, March maybe and my sisters have been telling me how I鈥檓 almost as light as they are but I still feel dark. so I took some pictures yesterday morning to compare with my old pics and I can definitely see a difference. When I was doing an internship in August my friend at work was going through my iPad and saw some of my old pics and she was like 鈥 you look different in your older pictures鈥 I just laughed I didn鈥檛 know what else to do. View attachment 62409 View attachment 62407

Registered
In that case my goal is like nc35 . What shade are you atm & what鈥檚 your goal? 馃檪
I was recently matched to an NC45 but it was too orange, so that's inaccurate.
My goal is about an NC42/NW35 or maybe NW40 if it's not as dark as I think it is.

Who's your celebrity goal?
Oh nice. & probably Ciara or Rihanna when she鈥檚 a little tan. So like two shades up or 3

Registered
Hi everyone, so I restarted my lightening journey at the beginning of this year, March maybe and my sisters have been telling me how I鈥檓 almost as light as they are but I still feel dark. so I took some pictures yesterday morning to compare with my old pics and I can definitely see a difference. When I was doing an internship in August my friend at work was going through my iPad and saw some of my old pics and she was like 鈥 you look different in your older pictures鈥 I just laughed I didn鈥檛 know what else to do. View attachment 62409 View attachment 62407
You are glowing! What are you using for your hands I love your tone

Registered
Oh nice. & probably Ciara or Rihanna when she鈥檚 a little tan. So like two shades up or 3
1 more shade and you're there with Ciara and 2 more shades you'll be closer to Rihanna tone. 3 more shades and you'll definitely be light skinned, probably close to Nicki Minaj color/Cardi.

I'm only wanting 2 more shades ish. This lightening stuff is crazy. I just tried on a foundation that was supposed to be darker than my complexion, but it made my face dark. I'll have to try it again because i'm not convinced because it looks so light. Foundations that oxidize are so annoying.

Registered
I use pr francoise bedon pussiance, i use the lotion, glycerin and serum,in my before pic I just got back from a vacation, so I was really dark.

Registered
1 more shade and you're there with Ciara and 2 more shades you'll be closer to Rihanna tone. 3 more shades and you'll definitely be light skinned, probably close to Nicki Minaj color/Cardi.

I'm only wanting 2 more shades ish. This lightening stuff is crazy. I just tried on a foundation that was supposed to be darker than my complexion, but it made my face dark. I'll have to try it again because i'm not convinced because it looks so light. Foundations that oxidize are so annoying.
Thanks for you help because I have no clue where I stand with the shades lol, sometimes u really need someone to stand back & tell u where ur at because I have no clue. I still see myself as dark as when I started

The foundation struggle is REAL. I currently mix Fenty foundation in 340 with maybelline 338. I鈥檓 going to have to try Mac tbh this is tiring lol

Registered
When I tell y鈥檃ll lightorexia is real. These are pics before my lightening and me right now. I鈥檓 a bit Caramel now but I really don鈥檛 see that and I feel like I鈥檓 still the colour as when I started. I鈥檒l get comments from my brother and sister 鈥測ou鈥檙e like lightskin now鈥 鈥渙mg ur so caramel鈥 but I legit don鈥檛 see it. As long as I鈥檓 dark in different lighting I鈥檒l never be my desired complexion it seems. I still have battles to work on like my knuckles, knees and elbows they scream 鈥渂leacher鈥 at the moment smh
Loving it!!! Great job

Registered
What鈥檚 your regi??
I been exfoliating on and off for a few months with AHA Lotion and Amlactin. I lighten up maybe a shade or half a shade up. But my dark areas(butt, neck, outer arms, feet) are still the same. So now but I plan on adding my lighteners this week but only to those areas and once they lighten up i will put it all over. My main issue is getting rid of a permatan and go up one shade overall. The light area of my body are like Laila Ali complexion and the dark parts are Kandi from Housewives of Atlanta complexion. But here's my regi and I'm open to any suggestions/ tips you may have.

AM:Swiss Care Glutothione Soap, Fair and White AHA Lotion
PM: Fair and White Soap(blue box), Skin Light

Registered
I been exfoliating on and off for a few months with AHA Lotion and Amlactin. I lighten up maybe a shade or half a shade up. But my dark areas(butt, neck, outer arms, feet) are still the same. So now but I plan on adding my lighteners this week but only to those areas and once they lighten up i will put it all over. My main issue is getting rid of a permatan and go up one shade overall. The light area of my body are like Laila Ali complexion and the dark parts are Kandi from Housewives of Atlanta complexion. But here's my regi and I'm open to any suggestions/ tips you may have.

Oh and my face I haven't really gotten started on to much it's only slightly darker than my light areas about Gabrielle Union skin tone. But I ordered Retin A and I plan on using a Vit C serum. But right now I been using Yellow peeling oil on my chin because its darker and Amlactin all over.

Registered
When I tell y鈥檃ll lightorexia is real. These are pics before my lightening and me right now. I鈥檓 a bit Caramel now but I really don鈥檛 see that and I feel like I鈥檓 still the colour as when I started. I鈥檒l get comments from my brother and sister 鈥測ou鈥檙e like lightskin now鈥 鈥渙mg ur so caramel鈥 but I legit don鈥檛 see it. As long as I鈥檓 dark in different lighting I鈥檒l never be my desired complexion it seems. I still have battles to work on like my knuckles, knees and elbows they scream 鈥渂leacher鈥 at the moment smh
Loving it!!! Great job
Thanks hun 馃檪

Registered
Discussion Starter #94

Sound like a great regi!! And you look good so far! I used a similar regi but I used g&g mixed with Shea butter in the am but I heard good things abound fair and white too! I advise you occlude at night with you skin light for the best results!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #95
Oh and my face I haven't really gotten started on to much it's only slightly darker than my light areas about Gabrielle Union skin tone. But I ordered Retin A and I plan on using a Vit C serum. But right now I been using Yellow peeling oil on my chin because its darker and Amlactin all over.
I suggest clear essence if you don鈥檛 mind a bit of HQ it has been my ride or die for my face for yearssss I always go back to it!!

Registered
I suggest clear essence if you don鈥檛 mind a bit of HQ it has been my ride or die for my face for yearssss I always go back to it!!
No I don't mind HQ it's just so many brands I didn't know where to start but I've seen your journey so I trust your recommendation which product from them did you use for your face and any tips for making the skin on face even all over or should the Retina A take care of that? And ok I will occlude with the skin light at night my sauna suit hasn't come yet but i will when it does.

Registered
Hey lurker here!
I searched up clear essence products, but they sell all sorts of products. I鈥檓 unsure which one is best for me, I鈥檓 currently at Rihanna鈥檚 colour but I want to be India Love鈥檚 colour or Zoe Kravitz colour.

Registered
Discussion Starter #98
No I don't mind HQ it's just so many brands I didn't know where to start but I've seen your journey so I trust your recommendation which product from them did you use for your face and any tips for making the skin on face even all over or should the Retina A take care of that? And ok I will occlude with the skin light at night my sauna suit hasn't come yet but i will when it does.
Yes mix it with a pea sized amount of RA and it鈥檚 the face fade cream

Registered
Yes mix it with a pea sized amount of RA and it鈥檚 the face fade cream
ok thanks again hun. And a update that yellow peeling oil is really working to even out my chin with the rest of my skin. It's only been two weeks in my face regimen and I'm pretty excited about the future of my skin. This lighting journey requires sooooo much patience but y'all results help me see the other side and it is so encouraging. So thank you for your commitments that created hope :eek:

Registered
im kind of lost with my skin tone , and i feel like im about to over do it ...at first i just wanted to be light caramel , so i thought nc45 would be good , but i just cant seem to tell what color i am !! i look so dark at times , and just run home and rub on cream , then i look sooo light at times and im like " i GOT to chill" ...can you guys tell me what shade i am , and if im light/caramel/brown/dark ?the firsr pic is natural sun light and the second is indoor artificial light. There are no filters , the emojis are to hide some birth marks lol ...

Attachments

81 - 100 of 115 Posts