Skin Care Talk banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
im kind of lost with my skin tone , and i feel like im about to over do it ...at first i just wanted to be light caramel , so i thought nc45 would be good , but i just cant seem to tell what color i am !! i look so dark at times , and just run home and rub on cream , then i look sooo light at times and im like " i GOT to chill" ...can you guys tell me what shade i am , and if im light/caramel/brown/dark ?the firsr pic is natural sun light and the second is indoor artificial light. There are no filters , the emojis are to hide some birth marks lol ...
I would say brown maybe NC45-46

·
Registered
345 Posts
im kind of lost with my skin tone , and i feel like im about to over do it ...at first i just wanted to be light caramel , so i thought nc45 would be good , but i just cant seem to tell what color i am !! i look so dark at times , and just run home and rub on cream , then i look sooo light at times and im like " i GOT to chill" ...can you guys tell me what shade i am , and if im light/caramel/brown/dark ?the firsr pic is natural sun light and the second is indoor artificial light. There are no filters , the emojis are to hide some birth marks lol ...
I would say brown maybe NC45-46
thanks , i thought i was at least nc 45 cause i dont think nc46 is that light in day light , but i guess i will have to rub some more then ! lol you all can feel free to give your opinion ! i need several opinions to make a good conclusion

·
Registered
241 Posts
-Based on your first pic, you are light skin! You are NC45

·
Registered
622 Posts
Definitely NC45. And whether he's ls or not entirely depends on what racial background he is.

·
Registered
345 Posts
-Based on your first pic, you are light skin! You are NC45
thanks for the feeback , i will just lighten one more shade to be like nc44 , so when i take lil breaks i will darken to nc 45

·
Registered
622 Posts
thanks for the feeback also ! why does it depend on racial background , what do u mean ? 🙂
Just as I stated, an Asian person with tanned skin would not be considered light skin, but a Black person could be in relation to other darker Blacks because there is more variation in Black skin compared to other races...

NC45 is not light in my opinion, but it's definitely dark for an Asian considering there are nearly White skinned Koreans. But for some NC44 is light for Blacks.

·
Registered
345 Posts
thanks for the feeback also ! why does it depend on racial background , what do u mean ? 🙂
Just as I stated, an Asian person with tanned skin would not be considered light skin, but a Black person could be in relation to other darker Blacks because there is more variation in Black skin compared to other races...

NC45 is not light in my opinion, but it's definitely dark for an Asian considering there are nearly White skinned Koreans. But for some NC44 is light for Blacks.
okay i get what you're saying ! what do u consider light for a black person? ( just for info) -im black with a diverse background but i just say black...i just want to be a caramel color , like beyonce in her crazy in love video , what NC is that ?

Attachments

·
Registered
622 Posts
To me Rihanna and Nicki Minaj are light skinned though sometimes Rihanna tans...

Those two you posted are not light skinned to me. But they are lighter brown. Beyonce is lighter brown and Aaliyah is just a brown skin with an NC45 and NC50ish which is dark to me.

·
Registered
345 Posts
To me Rihanna and Nicki Minaj are light skinned though sometimes Rihanna tans...

Those two you posted are not light skinned to me. But they are lighter brown. Beyonce is lighter brown and Aaliyah is just a brown skin with an NC45 and NC50ish which is dark to me.
ok i see! well i guess i just want to be lighter brown , AAliyah's color is perfect to me so i will stay between nc 44 and nc 45 - are u black ? ^^

·
Registered
206 Posts

I think it all comes down to personal opinion when it comes to who’s considered light or dark when we are talking about various shades of yellow and brown. For example, my brother who is very light (think Mariah Carey without a tan) considers Beyonce to be light and Aaliyah to be light brown. Most black or biracial celebrities are considered to be dark in the media.

·
Registered
104 Posts
What was your starting shade?

What are your experiences with lightorexia? I was looking through some of my old photos and I remember when I took this pic I thought my hands and legs were too dark and they didn’t match my chest and I needed to bleach harder after I hit my goal of NC20 I wanted to be NC15 then NC10 I don’t know what was wrong with me I think there’s a certain high from jumping shades. You get treated differently, the compliments etc. and if I was looking in the mirror in a dark room I would be like omg I look dark but I was even lighter than some of my white friends. The funny thing is at the very beginning of my journey I wanted to be Megan goods color. Sorry for the messed up nails, I was originally sending this to someone to pay for my next fill in lol
View attachment 62041

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m doing a lot better now this is and older pic I found looking at my old photo on my phone in October I’m going to start some serious lightening to get back to that shade and maintain. That was the problem I got obsessed with being super light, to the point where an Uber driver thought my blonde white friend and her white dad were my parents, even a Vietnamese guy thought I was Korean. I experienced white privilege and got obsessed with getting lighter it got to the point where my white coworkers said I was paler then them. Light skin privilege is a thing but it doesn’t compare to white privilege. It got to the point where white people felt comfortable calling black people niggers or making racist jokes around me completely forgetting or not knowing I was black. It’s like a completely different world I could write a book about it lol
Hi, I’ve just made an account specially to chat to you being amazed by your flawless skin. Wow amazing to hear your story! I’m trying to help someone get a tone lighter as she wants.

I personally had given up thinking it doesn’t really work.. nothing works but clearly something does, will you guide me to what will work to lighten our skin please?
Will be looking forward to your reply. Thank you so much! Xx

101 - 115 of 115 Posts