Skin Care Talk banner
161 - 180 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Personally, I don’t think Dodo alone has steroids because when I use it alone, I don’t experience side effects of steroids. However , I overdid my mix and put up to 4 tubes of clobetasol propionate(Labidjanese and Neoprosone). In conclusion, while using my mix, i got mad stretch marks. On my arms , legs , and torso. Then had a mild case of Cushing’s syndrome(increased appetite, weight gain, moon face, paper thin skin, irritability and depression, acne, flushed face, and water retention in legs and feet). I stopped immediately after I realized the effects it had on my body internally and externally , and all my symptoms went away drastically. Even the stretch marks have faded. I’m maintaining with something else right now. However I must say, my mix made me very light, but it wasn’t worth the adverse effects tbh.
wow I’m so sorry to hear that! I advise you to take at least 1-2 months break and only skin build after that use RA and caro white

·
Registered
115 Posts
Please help me with a good regiment! I don’t mind using HQ products for 6 weeks for a boost after that I can quit HQ ! Also I have been exfoliating for the last 5 weeks and I think I’m ready to lighten 😂 ! I have also olive oil and coconuts oil which I’ll mix with Shea butter so skin building ! Will that be enough? For knuckle and feet I need big help 😁

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
wow I’m so sorry to hear that! I advise you to take at least 1-2 months break and only skin build after that use RA and caro white
Hello love, how exactly does one implement RA into their regimen I’ve read so many threads but I’m still not understanding.

How long will one use it for ?
Skin has to be dry when using it ?

cause when I used it my skin cracked and became scaly in a bad way. So I believe I used it wrong and I want to use it again. I would totally appreciate if you stepped me through it

·
Administrator
34,015 Posts
Hello love, how exactly does one implement RA into their regimen I’ve read so many threads but I’m still not understanding.

cause when I used it my skin cracked and became scaly in a bad way. So I believe I used it wrong and I want to use it again. I would totally appreciate if you stepped me through it
What % of RA do you have @Mkkay??
And if you used it before and your skin cracked, became scaly, you were either using it daily and or its too strong. With RA you have to ease into it. You can't jump in full force, because it can wreak havoc real quick on you. As for how long you need to use it?? You can use it as long as you wish too. Its my #1 staple, next too Vit C and sunscreen of course :eek:

Tell me the % you have and is it the gel version or cream version?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts

I recommend mixing .025% into your cream to start off I recommend using only half of the tube it works best with HQ products I don’t advise using it with a kojic acid based or lactic acidosis based lotion because they are both exfoliating and you don’t want to Iver work your skin. But RA works by increasing cellular turn over of your skin cells allowing for production of collagen as well as fast skin healing and lightening. It can also help smooth wrinkles and fine lines as well as help with large pores and acne I recommend getting a prescription from your dermatologist

·
Administrator
34,015 Posts
@gymrat

Hey gym my % is 0.5 , I think the reason why it became scaly was because i use to keep my skin wet and rub it but someone commented that with RA skin must be dry
What do you mean @Mkkay ? Your applying your RA when your skin is damp??

If .05% makes your skin scaly then dilute it prior to applying it, one drop of RA and one drop of a basic/no acid moisturizer. This will buffer it a bit.

·
Registered
322 Posts
What do you mean @Mkkay ? Your applying your RA when your skin is damp??

If .05% makes your skin scaly then dilute it prior to applying it, one drop of RA and one drop of a basic/no acid moisturizer. This will buffer it a bit.
i used it last year and I used it for like 3-4days in a row and when I was using it I used it on damp skin and I believe it was you or @hipvalley that said RA was to never be used on wet skin so I stopped right away. Which had caused my skin to crack.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I recommend mixing .025% into your cream to start off I recommend using only half of the tube it works best with HQ products I don’t advise using it with a kojic acid based or lactic acidosis based lotion because they are both exfoliating and you don’t want to Iver work your skin. But RA works by increasing cellular turn over of your skin cells allowing for production of collagen as well as fast skin healing and lightening. It can also help smooth wrinkles and fine lines as well as help with large pores and acne I recommend getting a prescription from your dermatologist
how would you recommend to use RA if being used for exfoliation ?

Thank you so much boo

·
Administrator
34,015 Posts
i used it last year and I used it for like 3-4days in a row and when I was using it I used it on damp skin and I believe it was you or @hipvalley that said RA was to never be used on wet skin so I stopped right away. Which had caused my skin to crack.
So apply Ra every other day or every 3rd day @Mkkay. And yes, don't apply it on damp skin, apply it on freshly cleaned skin but when the skin is dry.

You can apply Vit C serum or lotions, oils, etc on damp skin, this helps penetration and will also help your products last longer.

·
Registered
322 Posts
So apply Ra every other day or every 3rd day @Mkkay. And yes, don't apply it on damp skin, apply it on freshly cleaned skin but when the skin is dry.

You can apply Vit C serum or lotions, oils, etc on damp skin, this helps penetration and will also help your products last longer.

Thanks Gymie , how long should I use it for ? Kind 1wk or 2wks ? And what vitamin C lotion would ykiredkmme

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey guys. Stay away from this mix. I got stretchmarks after only ONE month in places I've never got them in my years of living on this earth. Just one month. Yes, I was using RA and dumped a whole tube of it in the mix. If you want to prematurely age your skin and get stretchmarks, by all means, copy this regimen. And yes when I stopped it reversed progress - knuckles and elbows getting darker than they were in years before I did something about it.

Maybe lightpapi wants to risk their skin but I got significant damage. Please, don't mess with this this thread shouldn't even exist. @gymrat

I think I can fix the damage but just use other stuff instead. Back to carowhite..

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey guys. Stay away from this mix. I got stretchmarks after only ONE month in places I've never got them in my years of living on this earth. Just one month. Yes, I was using RA and dumped a whole tube of it in the mix. If you want to prematurely age your skin and get stretchmarks, by all means, copy this regimen. And yes when I stopped it reversed progress - knuckles and elbows getting darker than they were in years before I did something about it.

Maybe lightpapi wants to risk their skin but I got significant damage. Please, don't mess with this this thread shouldn't even exist. @gymrat

I think I can fix the damage but just use other stuff instead. Back to carowhite..

Well it’s not like ppl didn’t warn y’all though. Y’all still went ahead to use it so .....😴😴

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well it’s not like ppl didn’t warn y’all though. Y’all still went ahead to use it so .....😴😴
I didn't even use all of the same products to be careful. So I'm warning the people that went ahead and actually bought every single item. Thank you though, replies like this make me feel like I shouldn't have bothered trying to help other people.

Also, he didn't warn like that. Why would someone intentionally choose to make a thread telling people of a dangerous mix, then? What would the purpose of that be? And why is it allowed to exist on a public forum?

African skin lightening products are mostly bad except for carowhite. Don't bother people..

·
Registered
1,532 Posts

so sorry to hear that what exactly did you use? Btw lightpapi’s skin also got damaged by his mix and products

·
Administrator
34,015 Posts
I didn't even use all of the same products to be careful. So I'm warning the people that went ahead and actually bought every single item. Thank you though, replies like this make me feel like I shouldn't have bothered trying to help other people.

Also, he didn't warn like that. Why would someone intentionally choose to make a thread telling people of a dangerous mix, then? What would the purpose of that be? And why is it allowed to exist on a public forum?

African skin lightening products are mostly bad except for carowhite. Don't bother people..
That is your own personal interpretation, this forum is about sharing what has worked and what hasn't, etc. Are they all healthy choices? Probably not, but its your choice if you choose to take that risk. Do your own research and make your own decisions as to what you want to use. That goes with many things in life.......your choice to diet or not too, your choice to drink or not too, your choice to exercise or not too, your choice to do drugs or not too, the list goes on.

Every choice you make has a consequence.

·
Administrator
34,015 Posts

Again, that is your own personal opinion. This is how discussions start, and like minded people are able to collaborate. Do your own research on any product you choose, as most know, one size doesn't fit all.

161 - 180 of 194 Posts