Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG the Likas!! I received mine yesterday morning. Yaaaay!

Ondine now I know what you mean about removing the flakies!! Even my Clearasil Deep Pore Gel Wash (with salicylic acid) didn't do this! I think I went overboard though like repeated several times and left it on, thinking 'oh this isn't going to do much'. Now my face is VERY exfoliated and red. I will go a bit easier from now on. This is great stuff, though! Yesterday my skin was so flaky; I'm sure today there won't be a flake in sight!

I love how as soon as I put my HQ on it feels soothed an comfortable again.

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
and the best part is, papaya enzymes/papaya soap lightens the skin adn even out discolorations (there are threads hear of people reportedly having long their dark marks just from using this), good luck

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and the best part is, papaya enzymes/papaya soap lightens the skin adn even out discolorations (there are threads hear of people reportedly having long their dark marks just from using this), good luck
Thanks
. That would be such a bonus! I hope that happens too. I'm just glad I've found such a good exfoliator. I must stop myself from the overwashing like I did last night and this morning, though

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
whenver u overwash, or use something really drying like retin-A, its a great idea ot use essential oils or a good creamy moisturizer because when the skin is always dry you wont get the optimal results cus its ur body is working to restore moisture levels and restore the acid mantle so its interrupting the Retin-A and HQ absorption

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
whenver u overwash, or use something really drying like retin-A, its a great idea ot use essential oils or a good creamy moisturizer because when the skin is always dry you wont get the optimal results cus its ur body is working to restore moisture levels and restore the acid mantle so its interrupting the Retin-A and HQ absorption
after rinsing the papaya soap off and drying off, how long before you put on your HQ and Retin A.. and then how long after the HQ/RA do you then add the oil.. i was thinking of using olive oil for moisture. Also, does anyone have a method they prefer for sleeping.. like long sleeves or does it matter... just curious. i need MAXIMUN results

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
wait 30 minutes to put on the HQ/RA, dont add oil when u have HQ/RA unless ur skin really cant tolerate the HQ/RA, use the oil in the morning when u dont have hte RA on since itll be less effective with the oil also on your skin, also its a good idea to use hte oil in the morning because you usually get the flaking in hte morning, ht eoil stop it and moisturizes the dryness from the night.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Now you see what I mean about this soap! What I also liked is that it doesn't burn or itch (when used normally) & it doesn't leave any odour whatsoever on the skin. A perfumed soap then layered with HQ & RA can make a person smell like 'tidy bowl'.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh no! I never thought of that! I'd really better take it easier. My skin would probably be a lot less red, too, it I take it easier. Thanks LigntenNLift

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can I ask you what site you ordered your soap from? I've been wanting to get likas soap but if you know a legit site please share. Thanks

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Is Likas soap only Papaya? or is it Papaya and KOJIC? i am about out of soap and need to order right away... trying to decide which to go with. I am considering trying one including Kojic incase there is a difference.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is Likas soap only Papaya? or is it Papaya and KOJIC? i am about out of soap and need to order right away... trying to decide which to go with. I am considering trying one including Kojic incase there is a difference.
I don't know, actually. I've just look at the box and there is no ingredient listing.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
The Likas doesn't have Kojic. The first papaya soap I bought DID have kojic acid & although it cleaned well, it stung on my skin & dripped an orange mess all over my showerstall.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
The Likas doesn't have Kojic. The first papaya soap I bought DID have kojic acid & although it cleaned well, it stung on my skin & dripped an orange mess all over my showerstall.
Thanks Ondine.. what brand were you using before and where can i get it?.. i havent felt the tingle with my Likas in a while.. so i think im going to try the kojic one to see how i like it.. the one i tried first called block and white drippped orange so i know what you mean by that....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts