Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yollie Oriental Online sells the soap for almost $4. Does that include shipping already? I get it here in the Philippines for less than $2. I know that's not too much of a difference but hey, if you could get it cheaper then why not right.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Some people claim that Likas lightens their skin. It did not do that for me, but it cleans thoroughly, leaving no residue or scent. It exfoliates very well w/o drying it out to where it is uncomfortable. Irt leaves a clean canvas for your creams.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
That's exactly my experience (the super-cleansing aspect) so far w/ Likas. I've been leaving mine on to dry for a few minutes before rinsing. It's tingly on my body but it burned a bit on my face and neck.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Im sure these stores import these soaps here, and importing is quite expensive, i think $4 is quire reasonable..

Yollie Oriental Online sells the soap for almost $4. Does that include shipping already? I get it here in the Philippines for less than $2. I know that's not too much of a difference but hey, if you could get it cheaper then why not right.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I guess you're just not in luck, not all people will have the same reaction when it comes to skin lightening. It may not work for you but it may work others, that's a harsh reality..

Some people claim that Likas lightens their skin. It did not do that for me, but it cleans thoroughly, leaving no residue or scent. It exfoliates very well w/o drying it out to where it is uncomfortable. Irt leaves a clean canvas for your creams.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah I always like to share my experience with it...

Left my clean very dry and gave me blackheads wherever I used it. If I did it over again, I'd probably just stick to my knees and elbows

·
Registered
46 Posts
I bought Likas very cheap in an Asian shop. I use it on my feet for abt 1 week now. I notice that the dark patchen I have are getting lighter. It doesn´t work fast as it did on Jose but still, I can see a difference. But I think I will stiop using it on my face. It dries my skin out.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I bought Likas very cheap in an Asian shop. I use it on my feet for abt 1 week now. I notice that the dark patchen I have are getting lighter. It doesn´t work fast as it did on Jose but still, I can see a difference. But I think I will stiop using it on my face. It dries my skin out.
Dont leave the soap on your face for too long, that could be the reason its drying out. Lather and rinse.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Not all products are for everyone! Having 'negative' reviews is helpful too & it gives a peek into what might potentially go wrong for some people. I NEVER leave it sit on the skin. I'm too sensitive for that. I lather & rinse.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This was my experience also with Likas

·
Registered
72 Posts
I feel it dries ur skin a bit too much...
I think i might discontinue its use on my face.. However, I might cont'd bodily use till the bar is exhausted...

As for the face, any cleanser shld do right.. Or is there any cleanser which helps in skin lightening..

·
Registered
59 Posts
oohman, you should probably just use it every other day if it does that but if you're using a skin lightener cream then this soap is really good aid to get your skin ready for the cream. the soap really doesn't last that long like regular soap..it dissolve pretty quick with the papaya enzymes and stuff.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It drys my skin out this winter, and gives me lots of blackheads on the nose, but I still like using it because I like the ritual of jumping in the shower, stopping the water, soaping up, after a minute it gets sticky and clingy, then while im washing it off with a scrub puff, i can see and feel some skin cells come off.

It's my only hope until I get my Retin-A, for exfoliating my rapidly growing melasma problem off all my body.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts