Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys! I discovered that Likas is finally selling their soap on ebay. You've got to be careful though; some are selling the soap for a fair price (between $3.50-5.50 per bar) BUT, if you look carefully, they try to rob you for $25 for shipping & handling! I just boughtt mine from Yollie's oriental market & paid about $3.50 for the soap & the same modest amt for the shipping. This soap seems to be an effective lightening boosting tool & many members here are singing its praises. Just thought I'd post this info so no one gets ripped off.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thank you for the tip. I'll keep this in mind when I begin!

Also, I received some messages from you. They referred to questions. Since I haven't posted any questions (specifically referred to in the PM) and I didn't PM any (my PM option has yet to be enabled), I assume they were meant for someone else.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, no they weren't! I received several notifications with your name & your email & address & 16 questions in them. In the messages, it said you were making a documentary about skin lightening. I replied that I would be willing to answer questions but not appear in the film because my career could be compromised if someone interprets my desire to lighten my skin as a bias against others who are dark-skinned. How stupid! That is like assuming a person who loses weight hates all heavy people or someone who goes blonde hates brunettes. I'll recheck my notifications, but they clearly said they were from you.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, guys, my Likas arrived today & I barely got it out of the box before I was jumping into the shower to try it out. Preliminary observations:

THe Good

1. It is hard milled (lasts longer)
2. THere is no identifiable lasting fragrance
3. Hurray! It did not drip orange colourant all over my shower stall
4. It cleans & exfoliates like crazy & after a few mins on the skin doesn't irritate like the papaya/kojic acid soap did.

The not so Good:

1. It dries the #$%@ out of your skin.

- This, however, might be the way it allegedly lightens: by hightening exfoliation.

This is just a forst try review. I'll add anything else I notice. Google Yollie's & you'll find my source.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I bought that stuff from a phillipine store. It did nothing for me. Maybe it's for oriental/asian skin or my skin just didn't accept it. I went through a number of bars of that soap.

GoddessOfEarth

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't seen any lightening difference with it, but then again, since I'm using mono, it would be tough to distinguish between lightening due to mono or due to the soap. No product is for everyone, too. That is why it is great when a variety of people post about the products they try out.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yes, i agree! when you are using a combination of stuff, its difficult to tell whats really working but my phillipino friends swear by the whitening effect of this soap so i'll just keep using it afterall its not hurting my skin in anyway. I think its exfoliates more than it whitens though if you think about how soaps work.
Ondine, are you still using ret a with ur mono?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am. I posted my new routine in the thread 'From Lauryn to Mariah' because someone there asked me for it. I won't retype it here & bore everyone who already read it.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I'm still using the Likas & I'm liking it very much! To add to my initia first try review..

More Good:

1. It cleans thoroughly
2. It rinses away cleanly leaving no residue
3. When you lather it up to let it sit on the skin for a few mins, it doesn't drip & run all over the place or drip burning suds into your eyes.
4. It DEFINITELY increases exfoliation (thus making your lightening creams absorb more evenly & thoroughly-VITAL when using mono!)

The not so good:

1. That same drying effect: BUT, in Summer when you get sweaty & caked with sunscreen, this'll remove it all.
2. It seems to react with bathwater & leave a ring around the tub. Oh Well, you have to clean the tub either way!

I am sure that there are other soaps out there that'll do the same thing, but so far, I can see why people like this one so much.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yeah, I agree it dries out a lot but that is easily taken care of with oils, moisturizers, ointments etc

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Between the drying from the Likas & the exfoliation from the RetinA 0.1%, though, skin cell turn over has become rapid. This will enable those using a lightening cream regimen to achieve visible results much faster.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Actually, no they weren't! I received several notifications with your name & your email & address & 16 questions in them. In the messages, it said you were making a documentary about skin lightening. I replied that I would be willing to answer questions but not appear in the film because my career could be compromised if someone interprets my desire to lighten my skin as a bias against others who are dark-skinned. How stupid! That is like assuming a person who loses weight hates all heavy people or someone who goes blonde hates brunettes. I'll recheck my notifications, but they clearly said they were from you.
There must be another user on here with a similar screen name or something... My PM option hasn't been activated yet (I have to get to 15 posts). You're confusing me with someone else.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Strange!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Could be.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes you can BUT do NOT get it in your eyes. It is strong stuff, but it is effective. Begin with milder choices. It may be all you need.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts