Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
One of my friends told that it is useful for skin that use some lime juice on it before sleeping and then in the morning washing the skin.she told me that lime juice can make skin soft and fresh.
is it true?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Lemon juice is actually a natural skin lightener. If you were to use it for an extended period of time on your skin, you might see that the skin becomes lighter in color.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
but I think that its lightening effects only work on people with fairer skin tones.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I actually tried it and it did work but I noticed that it dried my face out a little. I think lime/lemon is a natural astringent right?

Be careful not to get it near your eyes-ooouuuccchhh!!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
I actually tried it and it did work but I noticed that it dried my face out a little. I think lime/lemon is a natural astringent right?

Be careful not to get it near your eyes-ooouuuccchhh!!!
Yes and it is acidic like Donna said (dtilford)...so do be careful. Sometimes what I would do is take equal parts lime and equal parts cucumber juices (I'd smash my own - to get fresh juice)....oh and I'd always add a tad of water to dilute the lime. I'd apply it 20 minutes before I'd shower. So it was only on my skin for 20 minutes...it helps a bit for very oily skin.

But again....it is a natural astringent and not even sure about the ph in it.....so do so at your own risk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts