- 1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast meat cubed
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 tomato diced
- 1/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Saute chicken in a medium saucepan over medium high heat for about 20 minutes. Add vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, green onion, garlic and oregano. Simmer for an extra 10 minutes.
- Heat an iron skillet over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the pan, warm, and turn over to heat the other side. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve lime chicken mixture in warm tortillas topped with tomato, lettuce, cheese and salsa.
Side Note:I top it off with guacamole instead of salsa. But for you salsa lovers you should find this tasteful.