Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I'm 36 and have started to notice that the lines on my forehead no longer disappear when I relax my brow. They're not deep but I find them really noticeable. I haven't started any kind of regime yet (about to order Retin-A from ADC 0.025 and 0.05%). Am I a bit mad to expect that this will make a difference?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've just googled TCA peel....blimey!!!! You can do that yourself?! It sounds terrifying. Is it difficult and how long would I have to hide for?

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
yeah they have some great fomulations on the Lactic, which has added concentrated licorice extract, which lightens very well or gives your dull skin a boost about once a month, I think Lactic is the only peel thats known to inhibit tyrosinase and not actually produce any redness, tightness or noticeable peeling.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
yeah they have some great fomulations on the Lactic, which has added concentrated licorice extract, which lightens very well or gives your dull skin a boost about once a month, I think Lactic is the only peel thats known to inhibit tyrosinase and not actually produce any redness, tightness or noticeable peeling.
I put some 88% lactic acid (thepersonalformulator) on my hands yeterday.
Left it on about 5 minutes. Hands were pretty red and show some flaking today. Strong stuff. Too strong probably.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
LNL which % of the Lactic do you use? Sorry if you said once before goats have short term memories

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
LOL
, start at 40% work your way up to 65%, if you can take higher than that then 85%. I use the 40% for a brightening monthly facial since I dont have the pumpkin peel yet.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
I put some 88% lactic acid (thepersonalformulator) on my hands yeterday.
Left it on about 5 minutes. Hands were pretty red and show some flaking today. Strong stuff. Too strong probably.
I used an 85% Lactic Acid Peel once on my face, left it on for 2 minutes max, it was red for about an hour, then my face was pale for the whole evening, in the morning it has a bright glow and all the dullness was gone. I tried that same peel and left it on for 10 minutes after a month, it was ok but after about 5 minutes I felt like a hot laser was burning my face away, well it was burned, took about 4 days for new skin to come and once the new skin surfaced, it was so smooth, even, and had a nice sunkissed glow to it. Im never leaving it on for more than 2 minutes though for the stronger peels.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I used an 85% Lactic Acid Peel once on my face, left it on for 2 minutes max, it was red for about an hour, then my face was pale for the whole evening, in the morning it has a bright glow and all the dullness was gone. I tried that same peel and left it on for 10 minutes after a month, it was ok but after about 5 minutes I felt like a hot laser was burning my face away, well it was burned, took about 4 days for new skin to come and once the new skin surfaced, it was so smooth, even, and had a nice sunkissed glow to it. Im never leaving it on for more than 2 minutes though for the stronger peels.
Yea I've heard about 3 minutes is about the max for the highest percentages. Wish I knew that last night.

I'll try a TCA peel one day.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
for what? unless you have deep sun damage or discoloration TCA peels just dry and itch and exfoliate, you are getting all the exfoliation from years of RA and all the other products you use.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I have to say TCA is fantastic stuff for sun damage and discoloration! LnL you gotta try that pumpkin peel one day.
and yes I gotta try that lactic stuff soon.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts