Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
FRESH Sugar Treatment SPF 15 is nice and tastes like lemon sugar. But bear in mind that SPF only protects against UVB rays (UVB = burning). Unless you use a product that protects against UVA rays (UVA = ageing) you will still get wrinkles and sun damage. Titanium dioxide and zinc oxide protect against both UVA/UVB but they are pretty opaque. (Remember the lifeguards with the white noses?)

Putting your high SPF/PPD sunscreen on your lips frequently would be the best.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Gosh, I thought almost all lip balms have an spf now. I bought one at Kroger (Kroger brand) recently with an SPF 30.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I tried to search for the Nivea one at Ebay, but didn't find anything. Any other sites I should try? Drugstore doesn't ship to my country..

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
What do you guys use to exfoliate your lips? I have chronic cracking lips. I have used Vaseline, Burt's Bees, Carmax (or whatever it's called), and they still get cracky and peel. I want luscious, smooth lips, darnit!!!

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
What do you guys use to exfoliate your lips? I have chronic cracking lips. I have used Vaseline, Burt's Bees, Carmax (or whatever it's called), and they still get cracky and peel. I want luscious, smooth lips, darnit!!!
I use Tretinoin on my lips. Mainly to boost collagen. No peeling or irritation for me.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I think peeling is a better way to describe what I have than cracking. Seems my lips are always peeling and I'm pulling at them with my teeth! LOL! I have .05% Tretinoin. Should I use it with a moisturizer, like mix it, or should I just put it straight on?

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I think peeling is a better way to describe what I have than cracking. Seems my lips are always peeling and I'm pulling at them with my teeth! LOL! I have .05% Tretinoin. Should I use it with a moisturizer, like mix it, or should I just put it straight on?
Since your already peeling, I'd go really slow with the Tretinoin. Like a couple of times a week to start. Maybe buffer it with a moisturizer if needed.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
hey fancypants
I do that too when I am stressing about something. Drinking lots of water helps to hydrate and make them less dried out I found.

Jane Iredale makes a neat little lip thing called Sugar & Butter that has a sugar scrub stick on one end and a lip balm on the other for exfoliating and moisturizing on the go.
A nice microfiber cloth works too. This one is the best I've found:

Microfiber Cleansing Cloth*-*NCN Professional Skincare - Anti Aging Skin Care Products That Makes Your Skin Look and Act Younger

Retin-A on your lips Baby? I use it on the vermillion border, but not right ON my lips!! You must have leatherlips baby!!

Skin | care | talk

1 - 20 of 72 Posts