Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one getting these nasty things??? I was thinking of a face peel or fraxel....anyone have any advice about this???? I am new to this but have always been interested in skin care since i was a teenager and i am far from that now....ok a recycled teen

·
Registered
290 Posts
welcome janet. all I can say is never allow dr to apply thin coat of phenol to upper lip without some major before/after pain meds.
I have had the co2 laser of the peri-oral to remove the white skin left from phenol peel and that was fine. I would go for mild peels and/or laser. luck to you.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi janetisobel and welcome to the site. As another recycled teen I have the same issue around the mouth.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site! Yes I've got them too, but I think I am winning that battle. Sometimes they seem to be more pronounced and other days they seem to be completely gone!

·
Registered
330 Posts
You're doing well mony, mine never seem to be completely gone.
What's your secret?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have had 2 skin tightening treatments done with a laser and have seen about a 50% improvement, I have also had a fraxel treatment, hurt like ..... and I didn't see much improvement....That's just my 2cents, Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I'm still doing the acupuncture as well as rose hip serum, and strivectin. Albeit it is slow but at least I'm getting there... the Turtle made it to the finish line and so will I, at least that is what keeps me motivated, that and the differences it's made so far.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I know that I have posted this before but I know there have always been great reviews about the demaglow upper lip repair!

I have had some congestion on my upper lips and found that the skin peeling off here as really helped me!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Well I just tried the stevia mask, and wow it's great there were a couple of those feather lines around my lips..........notice I said there were........ I have no idea how long it lasts, but I'm defenitely going to keep trying it for a month. Hope this helps you out........... It's cheap and if it keeps working on like this, I'm gonna feel like a donkey's behind for all the money I spent trying everything under the sun.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Well I just tried the stevia mask, and wow it's great there were a couple of those feather lines around my lips..........notice I said there were........ I have no idea how long it lasts, but I'm defenitely going to keep trying it for a month. Hope this helps you out........... It's cheap and if it keeps working on like this, I'm gonna feel like a donkey's behind for all the money I spent trying everything under the sun.

Thanx for sharing mony, I just went and read the thread about the stevia and it sounds good!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have had 2 skin tightening treatments done with a laser and have seen about a 50% improvement, I have also had a fraxel treatment, hurt like ..... and I didn't see much improvement....That's just my 2cents, Good Luck!
Hi lovlis, thanx for the info. What were the skintightening treatments you had done? Were they costly?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Try the Stevia, I highly recommend it! I did it again this morning, I look better than yesterday..... Yep I feel like a donkey's behind for the all the money I spent on expessenssive products that did absolutely nothing!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi ladies, I have been a fan of this forum for some time now but this is the fitst time I have posted. Just wondering what is Stevia, I live in the UK so maybe it's not available here.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi Hjay, Welcome to the site! -Stevia is a natural sugar substitute with no sugar, no calories no asparthyme either. It is way sweeter than sugar one 1/4 teaspoons is equalivent to 2 teaspoons of sugar. you can find it where you would find sugar substitutes at your grocery store or at natural health food stores. Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thank you for that Mony. I will look out for it although I don't recall having seen it. We do have a sugar substitute here in the UK called Splenda I wonder it it is similar, I guess I could give it a try.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I don't think it's the same thing. Splenda, I think, is made from sugar but w/o the calories. Stevia is a natural plant that is just really, really sweet. You can google it and find out for sure, but I'm pretty sure it's not the same. I got my stevia powder online. Maybe you could order it. I forget what the site was, wisdom something.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
I don't think it's the same thing. Splenda, I think, is made from sugar but w/o the calories. Stevia is a natural plant that is just really, really sweet. You can google it and find out for sure, but I'm pretty sure it's not the same. I got my stevia powder online. Maybe you could order it. I forget what the site was, wisdom something.
Wisdom something? Is it Garden of Wisdom?

didn't know they carried stevia. I know iHerb does.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi lovlis, thanx for the info. What were the skintightening treatments you had done? Were they costly?

Hi Galin.......The skin tightening was done with a "Syneron Laser", not sure what laser the Fraxel was.....The skin tightening was $150 per treatment, I had it done at a school so it was a little cheaper, the Fraxel was $350 also done at the school.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thanx lovlis, I'll look into it.

I think I'm going to give this stevia a try now though. I's sooooo cheap!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts