Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as my skin gets brighter I've been working on my lips too. I have a naturally dark brown upper lip and a pink lower lip -which I love - makes me look liplined from the 80s

But I figured as skin got lighter the difference would be drastic, what I've been doing:

At night
LA cream concentrating on the darker bits leave for 10 mins then coat with vaseline.
when washing face I use my flannel to gently scrub the dead skin.

My lips are pink, the top is still pinkish-brown but although I want it a bit lighter I don't really want that to change.

During the day
I got this recommended by Toffee and its the bees knees. I use it on my cheek too.

Just thought I'd share, what are you guys doing to yours?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've been using pink nipple cream for the last few days and will be doing an la peel (30%) on them on the weekend. Got the idea from a couple of users and it's said to be effective but of course it's too soon to tell. I'll update in a few weeks though for sure!

Your lips sound amazing though! Unfortunately I've got the standard all-over brown lips which have gotten darker over the years through no spf balm use and smoking
Bad times.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I started doing LA peels on my lips after Layla advised it...since then all the dead skin is gone and my lips are soft and pink again..i've only done 2 peels so far

·
Registered
430 Posts
^^ Great! Thanks for that hun.. can't wait til the weekend to do it!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Great to heard that...does it add any color/pink to your lips when you apply it? Is it sticky or does it have an odor? I may give this a try...I always wanted a good sunblock for my lips.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oooh glad to see this others are getting results, I figured if I got desperate I would use a lightener as well but I don't think I'll need it.

The lip balm has sunblock, and also a nice tint to it, pink/reddish I've noted my lips look great when I wear it out, no odour its not glossy like a foundation stick consistency

·
Registered
605 Posts
I started doing LA peels on my lips after Layla advised it...since then all the dead skin is gone and my lips are soft and pink again..i've only done 2 peels so far
Already?!? Damn. I've only done 2 and they're still dark. How long do you leave your LA peels on your lips for? I leave mines on for 30 min.

·
Registered
605 Posts
So as my skin gets brighter I've been working on my lips too. I have a naturally dark brown upper lip and a pink lower lip -which I love - makes me look liplined from the 80s

But I figured as skin got lighter the difference would be drastic, what I've been doing:

At night
LA cream concentrating on the darker bits leave for 10 mins then coat with vaseline.
when washing face I use my flannel to gently scrub the dead skin.

My lips are pink, the top is still pinkish-brown but although I want it a bit lighter I don't really want that to change.

During the day
I got this recommended by Toffee and its the bees knees. I use it on my cheek too.

Just thought I'd share, what are you guys doing to yours?
What LA cream are you using and where did you get it?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I use lactic acid lotion and nadinola but my lips are so damn red. I want them pink. The lighter I'm getting I'm seeing a little bit more pink in my undertones. Anyone else seeing this. I've been thinking about trying the pink nipple cream for some time now maybe it would take some of the red out? Anyone tried it on their nipples too?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Already?!? Damn. I've only done 2 and they're still dark. How long do you leave your LA peels on your lips for? I leave mines on for 30 min.
30 mins!!!?? on your mouth how does that not eat up your skin! I would be bleeding.... i used my 40% for 2-3mins both times...i must confess my lips arent dark...but they had this impossible to get rid of layer of dead skin on them which made them look dark and crusty when i didnt have lipgloss/ aquaphor on after doing these peels they are soft and supple again
it literally wiped away all the dead skin, they havent been like this in a long time

·
Registered
605 Posts
Seriously! Sounds beyond scary..
40% from MUAC. My lips weren't bleeding" though I dod not recommend this to anyone. Lol. First peel was for 30 min. Second peel was about 45min.
It stings a little but not enough for me to not handle it. The next day lips dont peel until the end of the day. On the second day I finally see dead skin and gently brush them off with a toothbrush. Do you let your lips peel on their own? I plan to let my lips peel on their own for 4 days straight on my 3rd LA peel.

·
Registered
605 Posts
30 mins!!!?? on your mouth how does that not eat up your skin! I would be bleeding.... i used my 40% for 2-3mins both times...i must confess my lips arent dark...but they had this impossible to get rid of layer of dead skin on them which made them look dark and crusty when i didnt have lipgloss/ aquaphor on after doing these peels they are soft and supple again
it literally wiped away all the dead skin, they havent been like this in a long time
My lips are made out of steel. They dont bleed after peels. I use Blistex raspberry lemonade blast spf 15 after peels. Its Only $1 and keeps my lips moist all day!

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Gus, I know the feeling! LA did nothing for me, even though I only tried it once and didn't go overboard. Glytone is the thing that's making them peel, and actually feel sensitive on that top layer, as opposed to the cracks.... Now that I think about it, Glytone hasn't put cracks in the corners of my mouth, either.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts