Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since capsules of Biosil is pretty expensive, I decided to try liquid Biosil instead. 5 drops of Biosil is supposed to mix with 1/4 cups of water. However, how many ml is 1/4 cup of water?

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
One caveat, Krazy: Liquid BioSil tastes and smells like dead fish, so I always mix it in V8 to kill it!!
Ha-ha-ha! But you can't hide the smell from George (the cat) - that's how you get him to come and smack you right on the lips -
- instant lip plumper!

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts
One caveat, Krazy: Liquid BioSil tastes and smells like dead fish, so I always mix it in V8 to kill it!!
Ok now this grosses me out!!! I can't stand the smell or taste of fish. The only kind of fish I will eat is tuna and monk fish. Of course I like crab and lobster. But that is it!! If I had to drink something that smelled like fish, I think I would puke!!

Why are you drinking this again??? Do you burp fish? If so gross!!! I had to buy special coated omega's so I wouldn't burp fish!!!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Ok now this grosses me out!!! I can't stand the smell or taste of fish. The only kind of fish I will eat is tuna and monk fish. Of course I like crab and lobster. But that is it!! If I had to drink something that smelled like fish, I think I would puke!!

Why are you drinking this again??? Do you burp fish? If so gross!!! I had to buy special coated omega's so I wouldn't burp fish!!!
No! no fish burps! It has a very astringent feel in the mouth too, so I have to chug a lot of V8 to get it down. Nasty, but the things we do for beauty!

ViperVenom
DeadFish supplements
Cat spit
Bird droppings.....

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts
No! no fish burps! It has a very astringent feel in the mouth too, so I have to chug a lot of V8 to get it down. Nasty, but the things we do for beauty!

ViperVenom
DeadFish supplements
Cat spit
Bird droppings.....
Yes, if only I could get my family to agree, it takes a lot of time, work and money to try to be beautiful!!

I am going to order the GOW viper venom or what ever it is called. Did you see lotioncrafter has one too? It didn't look like it was a big hitter though. I think they are discontinuing it.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Lotioncrafter has Syn-Ake, Syn-Coll and Syn-Tacks. That's a lotta peptides! I don't really know that much about peptides, do you? I mean I could read about them, but I haven't really used them much except ViperVenom.

Copper peptides did a number on my skin, so I am gun-shy about them anyway. Never again.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts
All I know is with the copper peptides it took a lot of work and I had zero patiences by the end. Your face looks so bad before it looks half way decent. I still have all those products-what a waste!! I am saving them for that perfect person to give them too, and say "here this is great stuff and is exactly what your face is lacking!!!!" Just kidding. I would never.......but it would be kind of funny-
Maybe Maha wants my stuff for her in laws.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yeah, wouldn't that be the perfect gift!

But some ppl looooooove copper peptides and, as you say, have the infinite patience that it takes to work with them. Sheesh, I spend way too much time already on serums, creams, babyq, dermaroller, exercises....guess that's not so much....some girls at Ed's have manymany toys and have very intricately involved regimens!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts
Yeah, wouldn't that be the perfect gift!

But some ppl looooooove copper peptides and, as you say, have the infinite patience that it takes to work with them. Sheesh, I spend way too much time already on serums, creams, babyq, dermaroller, exercises....guess that's not so much....some girls at Ed's have manymany toys and have very intricately involved regimens!
Hey if you have the time and the patience, I think that is great. I guess for me,........after awhile I start thinking........is this really doing me any good-

I would like to get a babyQ, I need to look at those again. I just feel lately that is all I have done is order order order.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I have heard that some ppl have gotten new BabyQ's on eBay for a lot cheaper than other online stores. But if you don't need it, why bother? I use it as a preventative thing - all I really see from it is a glow and more moisture afterward. It's another thing that takes patience and commitment. And hope!!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts
I have heard that some ppl have gotten new BabyQ's on eBay for a lot cheaper than other online stores. But if you don't need it, why bother? I use it as a preventative thing - all I really see from it is a glow and more moisture afterward. It's another thing that takes patience and commitment. And hope!!!
Yes, I heard this too about eBay, well actually I read it over on EDS. I am not such an eBay shopper though. I have in the past and have gotten riped off-

The babyQ can work in so many ways though can't it? Acne, fine lines, wrinkles, etc or am I way off?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
No, you're right on the money!
The Blue Baby helps with acne by killing bacteria on the skin.
The Red/Amber Baby stimulates the production of collagen and helps with inflammation.

This is a quote from the QuasarPro.com website about LED/phototherapy:
"What then does a photo-therapy treatment do?

-Increases circulation by increasing the formation of new capillaries, which are additional blood vessels that replace damaged ones. New capillaries speed up the healing process in damaged skin by carrying more oxygen as well as more nutrients needed for healing and they can also carry more waste products away.
-Stimulates the production of collagen. Collagen is a major component of the connective tissue in the skin that creates strength and flexibility. Over time, the collagen levels in our skin decrease, causing wrinkles to form. External factors such as sun damage and smoking can also accelerate this process. Collagen is the essential protein used to repair damaged tissue and to replace old tissue. It is the substance that holds cells together and has a high degree of elasticity. By increasing collagen production less scar tissue is formed in damaged tissue.
-Diminishes hyper pigmentation or age spots. The photons of light energy enter areas of hyper pigmentation and destroy the melanin, which is gradually absorbed by the body.
-Stimulates fibroblastic activity, which aids in the tissue repair process. Fibroblasts are present in connective tissue and are capable of forming collagen fibers.
-Stimulates tissue granulation and connective tissue projections, which are part of the healing process of wounds, ulcers or inflamed tissue.
-Stimulates the release of adenosine triphosphate (ATP). ATP is the major carrier of energy to all cells. Increases in ATP allow cells to accept nutrients faster and get rid of waste products faster by increasing the energy level in the cell. All food turns into ATP before the cells utilize it. ATP provides the chemical energy that drives the chemical reaction of the cell. Intense light therapy acts as a “photon supplement†to the cells. It allows cells to bypass the normal digestive and respiratory process to acquire energy for repair and the production of life enhancing enzymes.
-Increases lymphatic system activity. A large number of lymphatic channels lie directly beneath the skin, and play a significant role in maintaining health and beauty of the complexion. Edema, which is the swelling or natural splinting process of the body, has two basic components. The first is a liquid, which can be evacuated by the blood system, and the second is comprised of proteins, which have to be evacuated by the lymphatic system. Research has shown that the lymph vessel diameter and the flow of the lymph system can be doubled with the use of intense light therapy. The venous diameter and the arterial diameters are also increased. This means that both parts of edema (liquid and protein) can be evacuated at a much faster rate. Lymphatic drainage helps the lymphatic system function more efficiently by facilitating toxin removal and improving skin circulation. The result: healthier, glowing skin and a more beautiful complexion.
-Stimulates acetylcholine release, which regulates parasympathetic effects such as resting respiration rate, heart beat, digestive processes and vascular tissue dilation.
-Increases phagocytosis, which is the process of scavenging for and ingesting dead or degenerated cells by phagocyte cells for the purpose of clean up. This is an important part of the infection fighting process. Destruction of the infection and clean up must occur before the healing process can take place.
-Induces a thermal like effect in the tissue even though there is little heat produced by the Leds themselves. The light raises the temperature of the tissue, which can kill or disable temperature sensitive bacteria and viruses.
As you can readily see, photo-therapy (light therapy) actually heals the skin and supporting tissues. No other treatment you can provide to your clients can have such a beneficial effect."

But before you jump on that wagon, you have to know that it isn't something that really shows up as "having had a treatment". It's more a cellular stimulant IMO. Some ppl give up and don't think it's really worth the 30 minutes a week. I use it "just in case" it works. It feels good and nice and warm. I used it on a partially torn ligament in my ankle once and it healed almost unbelievably quickly. Even my ortho surgeon couldn't believe it. On the other hand, it did nothing for a torn cartilage in my knee, which was a deeper injury. It helps with arthritis pain in my hands, maybe because of the heat generated. I guess it works for some and not for others. Or some ppl are just more hopeful...?

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts
Thanks for the info fawnie-that is great!!

Yes, it is just one of those things that I have in my head of........maybe I should try it. 30 minutes a week isn't bad at all in my opinion. Would it help with my healing of this horrible wound? After doing this, I can't say I would EVER want to get a boob job!!!

No offense to those of you who have them. Just not my idea of a good time, thats all.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Horrible wound? Honey, you just had surgery! Of course it will look swollen and red and all at first! Yes, I would say the BabyQ could help with the swelling and maybe the healing. It sure sounds like it would! NASA apparently tested in on burn tissue and it tested favorably.

Did the surgeon see you yet? What did she say?

Skin | care | talk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts