Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have these little bumps that formed between my hairline & the outside corner of my eye. I thought maybe they were pimple. They're not blackheads. I also have some smaller bumps on my forehead. I've tried a few things to get rid of them. My skin is WAY sensitive so I can't use just anything. No Oil of Olay as it breaks me out terribly. I do exfoliate twice a week. Any suggestions??

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
What products are you currently using?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
vogsgirl i had the same thing when i started using avon products a while ago, it has taken me to ages to start clearing my skin up, using the green cream has def helped and vit c serum!

I dont have very sensative skin, but since using retinol my skin has def become more sensative, so at the mo i really like mixing up my own products, with such things in at vit e, shea butter, virging coconut oil for dry skin!

Any thing with parabens, etc in them seem to irrate my skin at the mo, so im very careful with what i use, always do a test patch first as well before using any product!

I would also recomend seeing a good dermo or dr if you can!

You need to be careful when exfoliating, over exfoliating can lead to your skin becoming very thin and damaged, try using a micro fibre cloth instead and may be doing a light peel once a week too if you can!

Good luck with it

Sometimes pimples can also be caused due to your age, hormones etc too!

Good luck with it

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I had that when I was in my twenties. What helped me wa keeping my hair away from my face. My hair seemed to be causing it for me. Once I kept my hair from my face it cleared up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had that when I was in my twenties. What helped me wa keeping my hair away from my face. My hair seemed to be causing it for me. Once I kept my hair from my face it cleared up.
I do have quite a bit of hair and its SUPER long. I keep it in a pony tail 99% of the time. I'm a pet groomer so I gotta keep it away from my face. I for sure would have bumps everywhere I'm sure if I had my hair down.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
I use Aveeno, Clinic & Neutrogena...those are mostly the ones that don't break me out or leave redness etc.....
Try getting a micro fiber cloth to exfolitate with. Especially, if you are working with animal hair. You want to make sure you are getting it all rinsed off of your face/ body. This is the one I use and it works GREAT!!
Microfiber Cleansing ClothÂ*-Â*NCN Professional Skincare - Anti Aging Skin Care Products That Makes Your Skin Look and Act Younger

The products you are using should not be causing it. Do you use a toner? Maybe try adding that to your routine.

I have a Bichon Frise. I bet you HATE grooming those little high maintenance pups-
We take ours in weekly!!! (but I do love him-
)

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Could it be possible that something you are using on your hair is causing this reaction, Or maybe something that you use at work?

·
Registered
15 Posts
are they white or red? i have white bumps..milia, nothing can be done, i have tried it all believe me. overloading the skin can cause lumps and bumps.

·
Registered
419 Posts
have a Bichon Frise. I bet you HATE grooming those little high maintenance pups- We take ours in weekly!!! (but I do love him-)

Gymrat I have a Bichon Frise as well!!! And yes mine is definitely HIGH maintenance.... just like his mommy!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I get those on occasion and it takes a very long time for them to dissapear. I was told they are calcium deposits and I have no idea what causes them. They do go away in time however. I have 2 on my right cheek that I noticed just yesterday. You can barely see them but I can feel them and they drive me insane. They will go away...they will go away...they will go away...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey there. I get these too and they might be a fungus. I know it sounds gross lol. I use Nizoral which is an anti fungal, anti dandruff shampoo. Lather it up and put it on the bumpy areas and leave on for about 30 mins then rinse. Do this about 3 times in a week and see how it goes. It should get rid of it if i'ts a fungus
G'luck! xx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts