Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!
An auntie of mine was using Lumigan eye drops for her glaucoma. Her lashes grew so long that they lookoed fake. I began using it too. NOT as a drop in my eye, though. I bought a fine cheap paint brush & every night, before bed I brush a line of it on above my upper lashes & below the lower ones (like with liquid eyeliner. It only takes a few seconds & you only use a very little at a time. 11 weeks in & my eyelashes are so long, thick & full that it is amazing. They are much blacker too! I haven't had any side effects. It'll take 16 weeks to see my full results, but I've discarded my mascara! Lumigan is made by Allergan (maker of Botox). they have remarketed Lumigan under the name Latisse (USFDA approved). It is the identical product. Latisse costs 3 times as much & comes with these cheap brush applicators that do not even work well. Go online & buy Lumigan. Get a brush (you must keep it immaculate) & go for it. It takes patience, but the results are well worth it. Lumigan gives you: more lashes. thicker lashes, darker lashes & longer lashes. Mine are truly fabulous. Thought I'd share this info.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yes! this works!

I just wanted to add that I use a pointed tip Qtip (available in the nail care section of some stores) to apply my Lumigan. No drips, no waste and sanitary each time.

Glad you are posting this Ondine!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What a great idea! I never thought of that. Thanks! That is one suggestion I am definitely going to go for.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yes! this works!

I just wanted to add that I use a pointed tip Qtip (available in the nail care section of some stores) to apply my Lumigan. No drips, no waste and sanitary each time.

Glad you are posting this Ondine!
Question - doesn't the Q-tip soak in the lumigan?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Polo, I just pmed you a source.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Oh my goodness I could easily carried away with all of this amazing information lol!!! Please do send me your source, ondine... I'd love to give this a try! x

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Question - doesn't the Q-tip soak in the lumigan?
ttee,
LOL! - I only dip the point in, not the whole thing so it's just enough to do both eyes and my brows if I am quick. The think I like is that it doesn't drip this way and I'm not forever poking myself in the eye with the brush. Also it's cleaner than the brush.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ninasky & babyskin: here's my source:

a l l d a y c h e m i s t d o t c o m

They also have retin A & HQ4%. Prices are very low, but shipping is a little high so order a qty to make it worth it.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If your results are anything like mine, you'll be thrilled!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Go up to post #10 in this same thread & the source is right there.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ninasky, this eyelash stuff is so quick & easy to use that it almost feels like cheating! It goes on in second, is instantly absorbed & then you forget about it until, 24hrs later, before bed when you do it again. The results are so striking that I wouldn't've believed the ads OR Allergan's research photos if I hadn't both seen the results in my aunt (who had glaucoma) & on my own eyelashes. I can't wait to hear about your results too!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Where can I find this product? I keep seeing the commercials for latisse and I can't friggin believe they are marketing a prescription for longer eyelashes lol. like what possible medical use does it have!? *besides making you irristible*

·
Registered
108 Posts
I ordered the Lumigan last week after I realized it was the generic version of Latisse, and at generic drug prices, thankfully! I received it yesterday and began using last night. I think the pointed Q-tip is a great idea and plan to pick some up today. I bought mine from a different source than ondine's & the price is comparable with shipping, but it's in the original packaging with leaflet and product box. Forget Latisse for $130+ 30 day supply. This is the same thing, you just don't get the 60 tiny brush applicators. Can't wait to start seeing results.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm glad you've received your product. Who needs all those dumb brushes anyhow? In 16 short weeks, you'll have reallt great lashes!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was reading up on Latisse and it said that if you stop using it, the lashes return to the length they originally were. Have you guys experienced this with Lumigan or did they just modify it that way for Latisse so people will keep buying it?

1 - 20 of 146 Posts