Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I'd give it a thumbs up after an initial peek. This seems like good stuff to try out & it's from a resource many of us have already used reliably for the Likas papaya soap. Thanks for posting this. It also contains the milder tretinoin for more sensitive complexions. Will you be trying it yourself, Sam?

·
Registered
193 Posts
this is also on ebay. I eyed it for a while, but never purchased. Tell me how it works for you Sam.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Maxi-Peel Classic (contains Tretinoin & Hydroquinone) Exfoliant Anti-Acne Skin Lightener #3 - Advanced 60ml

hey check the link.. wat do you guys think of this??

thumbs up or thunbs down?

i think thumbs up..
I ordered it and mine was already brown, however.. both sellers advised me that it was supposed to be brown. I explained how oxidized HQ turns brown when its no longer any good but the sellers all stuck to their guns... I used some on my knees before i got the news though and they definately peeled... Both sellers were Filapino so the convo could only go so far... thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ondine i was thinkng of using this but now not sure.
Noir97 and pinkmoscato should i purchase it?

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
I would tell you to DEFINITELY NOT purchase this b/c I had a lot of filipino friends bought this and it doesnt work as effectively as using the two of them fresh from the source, mixing them turns them BROWN quicker and tretinoin in solution is horrible for the skin b/c you would be using too much even if you mean to use a pea sized amount. Also, the formulation is not well b/c the ratio of tretinoin to the HQ 4% mix is off and most of the ingredients deemulsify when its sitting on a solution for long. People who use it experience a lot of redness and peeling and u cant use it more than 4 weeks b/c its in a solution form. PinkMoscato purchased this before and she told me it was brown and inert whens she opened it.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmmm i was soo excited wen i came across it.. wat a downer!!
LNL thanx!! nyc pic! hws ur lightening going?

·
Registered
88 Posts
OH MY GOD hell no! Please don't buy anything from Maxi Peel. I am half Italian and half Filipino (but I live here in the Philippines) so I have fair skin but I went out to try this to get rid of my pimples. That was about 5 years ago and they were really bad but thank God I am acne-free now.
A lot of Filipino girls use this because they want to whiten their skin. Bad choice. Anyway, you're supposed to use #3 first for a whole month, and then move down to #2 for a whole month again, and then lastly use #1 for another whole month and for maintenance. Yes the product is brown. Of course you're supposed to wear sunblock during the day. Results? This made my skin BURN, and I didn't even get through to the first month (on #3). As in I looked like I slammed my face onto a hot pan! I also asked my dermatologist about it and she said it is really harmful to the skin. I of course stopped using it and didn't touch my face for about 2 months. I just left my skin to heal and thank God it did and didn't leave me scars or anything. So please, stay away from this. Besides, Yollie sells it for so much! It's only sold here for less than a dollar. Sheesh.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have read of some people who have used it with great success. The product is to be used at night, but here's the trick. Some users say to use the hq/RA one night then the next night use the advanced, the one with glycolic acid. They said the results were spectacular. Also moisturise and sunblock.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
arrrgh..i'm so confused. lol! I bought the Maxi-Peel New Gen (with the glycolic) but for some reason I thought I was ordering the Classic with the HQ&Tret.

I was thinking of ordering some of the Classic too but now I'm not sure if I should bother.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I would have said thumbs up, but with the mixed reviews I am confused now. I guess to know for sure is to try it out Sam and tell us your experience.

·
Registered
88 Posts
arrrgh..i'm so confused. lol! I bought the Maxi-Peel New Gen (with the glycolic) but for some reason I thought I was ordering the Classic with the HQ&Tret.

I was thinking of ordering some of the Classic too but now I'm not sure if I should bother.
Ahh if I were you, I wouldn't waste my money on it.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Thank goodness there are people out there whohave tried it & can report from experience! The ingredients list sounded promising BUT when I read that it arrived brown & therefore inert, I was disappointed. Some companies claim one set of contents is in a product when in fact it is untrue. MTR's accounting of it burning her skin sealed this product's fate as a no-go IMO. Darn! It sounded like it contained the right actives.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts

Leggo my Eggo, can you post a link to the NEW GENERATIOn maxi peel, since it has glycolic instead of retin-a, it might be a bit promising. Glycolic stays stable with HQ.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
here it is LNL,

New Generation Maxi-Peel Exfoliant by Splash Corporation - 2.03 Ounces / 60 Milliliters

Quote: Originally Posted by

Denatured ethyl alcohol, water, glycolic acid, niacinamide, lactic acid, salicylic acid, arbutin, glycerin, rumex occidentalis extract, ascorbic acid, propylene glycol, honey extract, vinegar, citric acid, retinol, polysorbate-20, fragrance, bisabolol, tetrasodium EDTA.

There's also a New Gen cream

New Generation Maxi-Peel Exfoliant Cream by Splash Corporation - 1.74 Ounces / 50 Grams

Quote: Originally Posted by

Water, cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, dimethicone crosspolymer, cyclomethicone, glycolic acid, niacinamide, octyl methoxycinnamate, C30-45 alkyl methicone, propylene glycol, biosaccharide gum-1, zinc PCA, salicylic acid, polypropylene, sodium citrate, tetrahydrodiferuloylmethane, glycerin, rumex occidentalis extract, ascorbic acid, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sodium ascorbate, tocopherol, retinol, phenoxyethanol, DMDM hydantoin, lodopropylnyl butylcarbamate, bisabolol, allantoin, tetrasodium EDTA, butylated hydroxytoluene, fragrance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts