Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll just start by saying I am 53, retired, and a grandmother of four grandsons. Two of which are brothers and have sever eczema. The older one has just turned seven and was diagonised at the age of six months, he has started having problems at school with the other children making fun of him. It is very sad because he is very sweet and wouldn't hurt anyones feelings. His younger brother has it just as bad if not worse. We already make homemade soap and that helps, I am interested in more homemade recipes for bath bombs and lotions.

Thanks again for any help.
BeBeJ

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi Bebej
Don't laugh at this, but it's something my Nana used to use on us as kids:
Lard + sulfur
It really took the itch away when we got into the poison ivy.

There are many more formal remedies now, but that sure worked back in the day.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
412 Posts
What about oatmeal baths? Did the doctor recommend any changes in diet? Cutting out refined sugar? What about all fragrance free detergents, natural fabrics? Probably these are all obvious but just in case. So hard for little ones to go through that.My mom has severe eczema and also some food allergies thatcame on in the last 10 years- all related I think. I am curious to know what the doctors have told you.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Welcome BebeJ, Sorry your grandsons are suffering : (

What type of eczema & where do they have it?

I only have it severly on my hands now, but I've found applying a poultice of burdock root to any rashy areas is very soothing. Also tea tree oil in some cold water helps if the area feels hot & inflamed. It smells like it would sting but it doesn't at all & has natural actibacterial properties.
I've had it on/off in severe cycles since I was a toddler & know how debilitating it can be.

I hope you find some new info here to add to your regimen!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts