Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.

I have medium blotchy skin. I have some age spots i would like to ofcourse be rid of, and even my skin tone out. I have normal to dry skin.

I have been looking around the board, but some short forms i don't seem to know what they mean. So if this question has been answered for others before me, please excuse the Newbie.

Love this forum by the way. I am reading a lot of good advice.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
WELCOME NEWBIE! Glad you discovered us. You never have to apologize for asking a question: we were all newbies here at some point. B4 I try to make suggestions, could you tell me 1st what colour your 'main' complexion is? Age spots on a chalk white person are different from age spots on a brown skinned person.

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
I have medium blotchy skin. I have some age spots i would like to ofcourse be rid of, and even my skin tone out. I have normal to dry skin.

I have been looking around the board, but some short forms i don't seem to know what they mean. So if this question has been answered for others before me, please excuse the Newbie.

Love this forum by the way. I am reading a lot of good advice.
For Medium Blotchy skin with age spots, there are a couple of treatments that work regardless of which skin color you are, it works on black, tan, olive, white, etc. Retin-A eliminates age spots along with HQ 4%. I love how anyone on this forum can come with a discoloration, age spot, liver spot, melasma problem and there is one reliable regiment that works. Retin-A exfoliates your skin and turns over old damaged skin cells, revealing new skin cells with healthy skin color. You can use Retin-A 0.05% cream version, start off by applying a PEA sized amount to the whole face every other night and then every night; you can take a hot shower in the morning to get rid of the peeling flakes. In the morning you can use HQ 4% and a European sunblock (they are suggested at the thread entitled "European Sunblock" on this department). This is a reliable routine and Retin-A is the # 1 treatment to reverse and eliminate age spots and blotchy, uneven skin tone b/c it works at a cellular level. Retin-A coupled with HQ 4% will give you results in 6 to 8 months.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am white, with beige skin in the winter
still white in the summer lol ( i just had to ).......with olive tan

thank you for any help
Chandy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts