Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had Thermage, skin peels etc. and now am looking into plastic surgery and possibly a thread/featherlift instead of surgery. Do any of you have experience in these areas?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Hello 1959bonita most of us are doing things to prevent surgery, read the topics under the anti-aging forum and see if there is anything there that you would like to try, ask questions and have fun!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have had Thermage, skin peels etc. and now am looking into plastic surgery and possibly a thread/featherlift instead of surgery. Do any of you have experience in these areas?
Hi 1950bonita, how about telling us about the thermage and skin peels. How long ago did you have them and were they successful?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think thermage did not do what they say it will; tighten skin. It seems to have made my skin more saggy. I have tried titan also with the same effects. I am not sure there is anything short of surgery that helps sagging skin. I just ordered some creams one from Janson Beckett and one from Dermitage as a last resort. If these don't work I am going to talk with a plastic surgeon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had my 3rd thermage in April and my 2nd titan in July. The skin peels I have had have been over several years. I have had a few Fraxel treatments also. Those made my skin clear and soft for a few weeks but then the effects diminished.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have any idea about all the skin care products on the market. Do any of them actdually work? I have been looking for some 40 years without success so far. I tried Laprairie products back in the 70's and 80's- before I was really in need of repairs. I have no idea whether anything was acomplished except for my contributing to their net worth.Lately I have tried several- too numerous to mention all of which cost an arm and a leg and did nothing- I have also tried Tautinol for 2 months with perhaps some improvement- but if any it is very slight and might be more my wishful thinking than anything else- I see ads for Athena and a write up by a supposedly independent source claiming it to be a miracle solution- but buyer beware alas it may be more of the same old same old! Anyway does anyone know?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thermage costs around $1500 and does hurt! Titan costs around $500 and does not hurt. I don't either works. What is an Athena lift?

·
Registered
330 Posts
...I see ads for Athena and a write up by a supposedly independent source claiming it to be a miracle solution- but buyer beware alas it may be more of the same old same old! Anyway does anyone know?
Hi swingtime, a friend of mine recently tried the Athena 7 min lift and was very dissapointed with it. She asked for a refund and was talked into trying their new product instead. The end result was also dissapointing for her.

You know how it is, some products work well for some people and not for others. She is in her mid fifties with average skin.

I decided not to bother trying it.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi 1950Bonita, Swingtime, have either of you even considered trying the stevia mask. Why not, it's cheap, natural and will cost you pennies to try it. If you read through the thread there are several of us that are liking not only the firming, tightening effect but it also seems to smoothen out our skin and give us that just had a facial glow. Go ahead and give it a try, what have you got to loose?...besides a few pennies.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Bonita, have you tried or considered facial exercise? I know it seem counter-intuitive, and many doctors pooh-pooh it, but I and many others strongly believe that you can give yourself a face lift through facial exercise...Add Retin-A for wrinkles and stable vitamin C serum for clarity, be religious about sunscreen, moisturize as needed and you just may find that you don't need surgery. It may sound too good to be true, but you'll never know until you try. Hey, I say if you want to try an alternative to surgery, do this for six mos. If you don't see the results you are looking for, you can always revert back to your original plan. You won't have wasted much money...However, I would be very surprised if you don't see some true improvement. Will it be enough? I don't know, but I think if you get the ball rolling in the direction of smoother, tighter, plumper, clearer skin any other procedure you decide to have will only turn out even better. JMO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts