Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!

I´d like to share some great information on not only keeping your youthful appearance but even increasing it every single day while enjoying delicious food that stimulates collagen and elastin production and following a few easy daily routines.

Skin Food:

- cocoa: the food that contains the highest amount of anti oxidants also stimulates elastin production in your skin. That means "sagging skin bye bye!"
Only use pure cocoa powder (of course without sugar) and add it to your oatmeal in the morning or create a nice hot chocolate.

- xylitol: not only wonderful for your teeth and being as sweet as sugar but also stimulating collagen production, will sweeten your hot chocolate and your day.

- Wax Orchard´s "Oh Fudge": (available e.g. in Wholefood stores), is the perfect indulgence for people with "sweet teeth" as it is incredibly delicious, anti oxidant rich, fat free, sugar free and even has a high content of fibers. Real skin food!

- organic diced tomatoes: (you can enjoy them as a nice appetizer before lunch or dinner) contain high amounts of vitamin A + lycopene (protecting the collagen in your skin). Combine with some olive oil or flaxseeds to enhance the effect.

- broccoli / green beans / parsley / celery / yellow and red bell pepper / mung bean sprouts are all great skin foods. Sprinkle roasted pumpkin seeds and soy nuts on top of it....add fine sea salt, a table spoon of olive oil and lemon juice and enjoy!

- Turmeric: add it to your food or take it as a pill, keeps your skin clear (anti inflammatory foods are of great importance to slow down the ageing process). I personally like to mix a tablespoon of it in a glass of water in the morning. Use a straw to not stain you teeth, turmeric has a strong yellow color).

- Vitamin C + bioflavanoids: are outstanding for collagen production and also anti inflammatory.

- lots of water + fruit between the meals.

What to avoid: dairy products, meat, wheat, sugar, processed or fried food.

A body that just looks / feels perfect: enjoy all the above described food and walk an hour a day. I like to walk to the Wholefood store in my neighborhood and carry back the bags (efficient exercise for the arm muscles, too).

This program / life style is highly efficient as people here in Beverly Hills frequently ask me if I had "work done", which surgeon I saw etc., and of course turning heads, compliments....

Hope it works as well for you as it does for me!

ps...if you were suffering from acne: here is something that worked very well for me: 250 mg of L-Carnitin + 750 mg of B5 vitamin (pantothenic acid) three times a day + the above described dosage of turmeric and no sugar.
(L-Carnitin is also wonderful to keep your skin firm).
To wash your skin I´d like to recommend neem soap (disinfecting but not drying). Available in health food stores and of course online.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Im sorry but i disagree with not eating meat, dairy products and sugar!

Firstly their are many people who like eating meat and personally think as long as you eat it in moderations it is not going to harm you!

Secondly if you dont eat dairy then how do you get the calcium that is needed to stop things like brittle bones ...... in your diet?

Secondly sugar well personally i enjoy eating sweet food and would never live without chocolate a bit of what i fancy personally makes me a happy bunny!

hey though if itw works for you though good luck with it!

·
Registered
538 Posts
I use Tumeric on all my food, eggs, chicken, veggies............it's a great anti cancer spice...............

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I am not a believer in all these diets. I will say, I did a "youth diet" once and basically ate a ton of salmon and sprouts, salads and just high fibre/fiber. I am honest when I say I did look younger but then again I was younger and was basically going from "out with the girls drinking at the local every night and smoking on and off" to a healthy diet--what came first the chicken or the egg. Since these days I have largely stayed on a healthy diet BUT I do eat some (limited meat) because it is NOT healthy not to eat any meat. People may disagree but we are omnivores and while milk and dairy is not part of our original diet, meat is. Madonna cannot atrribute her looks to her diet and excercise, it is her plastic surgeon (if anyone knows his name please share!!! I think he is in NY and I have a feeling I am closing in on a name). She is the poster child for healthy living and obsessive eating habits and it did not hold the years back (I know people who have lived harder yet in moderation and they look almost as good without all the plastic surgery and are her age or older).

Likewise, Gwyneth Paltrow came off the repressive macrobiotic diet and eats meat and dairy again and it does not have seemed to age her. I do believe everything in moderation and my eating habits are very good. I take in tons of liquid, green teas, I do eat 80-90% cocoa (polyphenols are the antioxidants in these) and my fibre/fiber intake is more than 120% the RDA. I also eat YOGHURT and lots of it. Activia. That is dairy but the paradox of the macrobiotic diet is that your colon needs the good bacteria from this dairy product. You cannot really get it adequately in supplements and even when you do most are dairy based!

Look, everyone has their theory and unfortunately for now it is just that. Suzanne Sommers swears by the high protein low carbs diet and brags about eating meat and looks very young for her age. Madonna swears by a macrobiotic diet. I personally believe a minimal, very minimal, intake of meat (I eat maybe once every two weeks) and a high fatty fish intake and vegetable and fruit and generally fibre/fiber intake plus good colon care is essential. Who is right? I do not know but I do know that moderation in all things never killed anyone.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I did not know that wheat was not good for you....I buy 100% stone wheat bread and english muffins from my local health food store, my kids love em, and so do I. They are made with no sugar just barley and all natural ingredients. Can someone tell me what it is about wheat that is not good. Thank you

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
I did not know that wheat was not good for you....I buy 100% stone wheat bread and english muffins from my local health food store, my kids love em, and so do I. They are made with no sugar just barley and all natural ingredients. Can someone tell me what it is about wheat that is not good. Thank you
As in wheat bread not being good for you? Wheat is good for you. I am not sure what you are talking about. Did you read this, hear this???

What are the Health Benefits? | The Whole Grains Council

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
The first post on this thread lists "wheat" as something to avoid. I agree that wheat bread is preferable over processed white bread ("balloon bread"). The bread that MOM is getting from the health food store looks like it is a great choice.

So I agree with MOM - "cat88" needs to explain further why "wheat" is to be avoided.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Yes I saw that, but honestly someone who post this huge long post and that is their only post..........I don't put much credit into any of what is said.

Just my own way of weeding through some of the BS, in my own kinda way-

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I'll add that Madonna most definetely got much of her looks thru diet and exercise.
No plastic surgeon is gonna give her that muscle tone and low bodyfat. I'm not saying she's saxxxy but I'm just saying.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I'll add that Madonna most definetely got much of her looks thru diet and exercise.
No plastic surgeon is gonna give her that muscle tone and low bodyfat. I'm not saying she's saxxxy but I'm just saying.
Her tone and youthful lifestyle is 110% a result of her excercise. BUT that said most men are turned off by her muscles and even I, a yoga addict, cut back when my muscles and veins start looking bigger and more noticeable. BUT she could be a thread in herself! She has had a string lift, chemical peels, dermabrasion multiple times, fillers, body peels (yes whole body peels), a mini-lift, a full lift and more. You can see photos of her from 2000 through today and she has gotten increasingly younger. Many times her procedures are obvious in photos for those familiar with procedures. I am 100% in support of her though and would gladly succumb to the knife over and over if I can look like that at nearly 51!

BTW--wheat is GOOD for you! I think the poster may have been thinking flour not wheat. I eat wheat bread and English muffins and I am obsessed by my diet and only eat foods high in fiber or protein or antioxidants. I avoid foods that give me no nutritional value.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Yes I saw that, but honestly someone who post this huge long post and that is their only post..........I don't put much credit into any of what is said.

Just my own way of weeding through some of the BS, in my own kinda way-
Haa - haa - haa - haa!!!!
I agree - especially since that single post was entered on April 10 and he/she has not been here since (today is April 23).

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
So Peri.......is saxxxy the GA way of saying sexxxy as we do in CA?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
So if you're not eating meat then where exactly is your protein coming from?

Protein is the building blocks of skin, if you don't have that you're left with just carbs and fat. Doesn't make sense to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So if you're not eating meat then where exactly is your protein coming from?

Protein is the building blocks of skin, if you don't have that you're left with just carbs and fat. Doesn't make sense to me.
there are several ways to get protein without eating meat: whey protein (if you still include dairy), legumes (i.e. barley), beans, soy (i.e. tofu), brown rice protein (or other vegan protein isolates).

1 - 20 of 60 Posts