Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone-im confused about the tca peel i did 5 days ago. my skin is super flaky in some spots, and in other places it's hard and rough. can i scrub the loose skin off now? or should i just let it flake off on its own? im soo tempted to pick off the big white flakes. I used a 12.5% peel. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
that is a really low peel. You can do anything you want, what you have actually done, unless it is on a very sensitive area, is a deep glycolic like peel. I have done triple layer 30% peels, under 50% it is almost impossible to really burn yourself or cause damage. I use a sugar scrub to get the flakes off in the shower. Just pure cane sugar works well. I am flaking still too.You peel first, then under that you flake for about a week or more depending on how deep you got. I feel like I also have leprosy--so welcome to the club and do not be too worried. I actually noticed that if I do get a hold of a big "strip" and peel and it comes off and it is wet underneath the first thing you will see is the skin will be formed almost identically as "wrinkled" as the skin above that just peeled, but it is wet and moist. That is light oozing. What this means is you reached the papillary dermis (this IS where you want to be for real resurfacing). This then will slowly start looking better over the next hours and stay moist and eventually soften. Leaving the skin too long cannot hurt but does not offer the same level of remodelling so I have found.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Gently cleanse your skin and don't peel yourself- use sterile scissors to cut away hanging skin. I know how HARD it is to not peel the skin off and over exfoliate too soon after a peel. Be very gentle with your "new" skin!!

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Triple layer 30% what kind of peels, glycolic I am assuming. Not TCA, and I hope not on your face-

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
My last peel was a spot peel-nl fold area. First I used my 25%, then put 30% over that! Next peel I'm leaving it on longer!

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
My last peel was a spot peel-nl fold area. First I used my 25%, then put 30% over that! Next peel I'm leaving it on longer!
TCA 25 and 30%? I just did 18% on Friday night and thought I was going to DIE-
I applied a double layer of the 18% to my hands last night, not so bad. Today I look like a 90 year old. My hands have shriveled up very nicely-

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank u everyone for being so helpful with my to pick or not to pick dilema. today i was braver and with the 12.5% tca, i did my very sun damaged chest,neck and one hand(i didnt have enough for both hands) my skin is very red and hot now. I did 5 layers. soo hopfully it peels fast.

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
No, don't peel it, just wait it will come off in due time. If your flaking that is another story. I wet my face in the shower and rub off the flakes. But if you are actually peeling, be careful, you don't want to peel it off too soon.

Where did you purchase your TCA from?

5 layers?? Wow, did you itch at all?

I did one layer of 18% TCA ,on my face 2 layers of 18% on my hands last night and itched like a booger. I can't imagine doing 5 layers on my chest or neck!!-

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Man, oh man! I did 4 layers of 12.5% and I thought I'd die! 2 layers - one of 25% and one of 30% wasn't too bad! It frosts so quickly an it's faster than layering the 12.5%. MUCH better IMO. I'm sticking with the 25 & 30%.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank u gymrat & sandia1 for all your help! i bought my peel from makeupartistchoice. today is day 6 for my face. im still very flaky. my neck and chest that i did 5 layers on is just red & blotchy. i think next time i will go w/ 18%. i read some where that u should wipe skin w/ acetone before applying peel. do they mean nail polish remover? is this true? also w/ the 5 layers, no i did not itch. maybe i don't understand (layering). thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
thank u gymrat & sandia1 for all your help! i bought my peel from makeupartistchoice. today is day 6 for my face. im still very flaky. my neck and chest that i did 5 layers on is just red & blotchy. i think next time i will go w/ 18%. i read some where that u should wipe skin w/ acetone before applying peel. do they mean nail polish remover? is this true? also w/ the 5 layers, no i did not itch. maybe i don't understand (layering). thanks again for sharing your knowledge.
Layering-you apply your whole face with TCA then do it again all over, then again all over. That is layering it.

Did your skin ever frost? Turned white?

I applied my 18% TCA on friday and today began peeling just a little in certain areas. I do not apply any kind of moisturizer or anything so my skin stays dry. This helps speed up the peeling process.

My hands have not started to peel and are shriveling up more and more, they should start to peel in the next day or two.

No I don't think I would apply acetone before doing a peel. You can exfoliate really well and even use RA the week before, but I can't say acetone would be a good thing.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
OK--sorry not answering--no my face does not really need peeling fortunately. I do have some scars and was considering a full face laser just for good measure. My facial skin is honestly pretty tight and without wrinkles, many years younger than my body. I did the 30% all over arms (yes TCA and yes 3 layers) and also on legs. I did 24% on body but it was not strong enough. I will wait a week or two and do 30% on the body as well. I also did a Jessner under the TCA on legs and am awaiting a full peel.

After one double (triple only in areas) layer 30% TCA on arms my arms lost about 15 or more years. I have almost NO discolouration and I had serious sun-damaged skin with mottled appearance. My skin is smooth, white and much tighter. Faint residue of what I call "permatan" can still be seen but I think one Jessner/TCA 30% will do the final trick.

I do intend to do a full face of just 12.5% but just because I have the sample. The neck I am not sure, it does need some more tightening and I am debating how best to do it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So far I've only tried a 12.5% TCA peel on my face but it did not do much. I think I'll try the 30%. Hopefully it won't burn too much. What am I in for?

·
Registered
38 Posts
OK ... So now i KNOW i am a true member of this board, for i can't stop coming here, and reading more.

I know NOTHING about peels other than they help bring your skin back to a youthful look.

Please help me understand about them, and if i need a precription for them.
How to get started.
At this time i have not tried anything to turn back time ( love Tina lol )

Thank you for the help
Chandy

·
Registered
1 Posts
@fancycat I'd definitely not use acetone to prep your face.. In my opinion the best thing to use is a 10% glycolic cleanser for 2wks prior to peeling for best results.. In previous comments I saw someone say that it's ok to peel off the flaking skin 0.O please everyone if you are doing a peel no matter what % DO NOT "PICK" or PULL at any skin even if its just hanging there! you can create even more invasive scarring.. Also Always keep your face moisturized to speed up healing time .. I really hope this helps :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts