Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Green tea helps. I know from personal experience and so does starlite. In one of her posts about her weight loss she says she drinks like 2 cups a day or something. It's on the 'How much do you weigh' thread.

Taking supplements- if you want to take them. This stuff I got from GNC is excellent. It's nothing like that Hoodia crap my moms taking that makes you lose your appetite or lessen it. It just helps w/ your metabolism and helps to burn the fat faster when you do work out. I didn't work out w/ it and still lost weight. It's called Thermo Cardio System. It's in the section of GNC for like Performance or whatever.

I don't know how its possible but I cut out sugary sweets and junk food for like a week and lost around 7-8 lbs in that week...

Also do some form of exercise. I find that when I do I don't have such a strong urge to eat junk foods.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Also add water to your daily regiman. Water will help to flush out toxins that may be robbing your body and/or slowing your metabolism. At first you may feel a bit bloated, but give it a couple weeks and things will calm down and you will start to notice.

Take your weight, divide it by 2 and that's how many ounces your should be consuming a day. I personally think 8 - 8 ounce glasses is plenty. But if say 100 lb woman....she should be consuming 50 ounces daily, unless she is active.

Green tea is great...I love it and when I do drink it regularly, it does help.

Don't always be looking at the end result either. Try small baby steps too. Like cut out certain things or limit yourself. Try to eat healthier (I know everyone says that).

Oh and a big one!!!! Do NOT skip breakfast. I once started eating breakfast, and lost a ton of weight with just that alone. Your metabolism doesnt' really start until your first meal of the day....so if you want it to start working ealier....eat breakfast! Seriously, that alone, helped me tremendously.

Another....if you drink pop....STOP. Or cut WAYYYY back. This is another, back when I did this, helped me lose weight. I used to drink like 3 mountain dews a day, I cut my pop out and THAT WAS ALL I CUT, and I lost weight.

Another thing people like is take your 3 meals a day and break them up into like 5-6 mini meals. That way you will not feel like you are going hungry in between. I hear this works great for a lot of people.

·
Registered
388 Posts
......Also do some form of exercise....
I agree....this will help tremendously.

But if you are like a lot of people and hate exercise or never stick to it, try stretching out regularly every day. Gets your blood circulation going and helps me too. But stretch out for like 10 minutes or more.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I was reading that sex is also a great alternative to exercise involving a lot of vigorous activity... Um-, if you aren't abstinent that is...

Kissing burns calories, pass that point burns calories.. you get the idea.
Laughing for like 15 min., etc...

Good luck!

Kelly, I skip breakfast all the time! I'm just so out of it in the morning. I need to do better!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Eating smaller portions and more meals thru-out the day, like 6 mini meals. What this does is keep the metabolism stoked/burning. I think MOST of our problems here in the US are portion problems! We go SO overboard on portion sizes it's OBSCENE!

Drink a glass of water before each meal will help also - don't like water, make it Green Tea!

Have a healthy snack in between meals (that contributes to those mini meals). A piece of fruit, cheese sticks, etc.

And exercise - aerobic/cardio and weight lifting. No weight lifting will NOT bulk you up at all if you do light weights! BUT by toning/building muscle - you WILL burn calories even in rest mode because MUSCLE does that! Burns fat while resting. Just remember you could possibly gain weight but LOSE inches, but if you have lots of FAT to lose - you won't notice a substantial weight gain.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was reading that sex is also a great alternative to exercise involving a lot of vigorous activity... Um-, if you aren't abstinent that is...!
Oh yeah, I definitely heard that too. You burn about 300 calories from it, which is twice the amount you'd burn from walking.

Sadly, I'm not married, and I come from a strict Catholic family.

·
Registered
360 Posts
but you know that even if you hate exercise, there are forms of 'exercise' you might not even consider... like dancing! or kayaking! enjoying yourself can be a part of exercise and not only that but once you start exercising at least 3-4 times a week you will notice an increase in energy and just feel better all over.

·
Registered
360 Posts
i get emails from RealAge.com and eDiets.com. heres one from realage:

Measuring Success
If you're out there doing it -- staying active and exercising regularly -- give yourself a huge pat on the back. You deserve it. It takes heart and determination to get up off that couch and regularly take a walk, hit the gym, or even do just a few pushups.

But whether you are exercising three or four times a week, every day, or once a week, ask yourself this question: Have you reached your goal?

Perhaps you're thinking, "What goal?" If so, read on. Goals are as essential as gym shoes when it comes to effective exercise.

What Goals Can Do for You
Research shows that people may be more likely to remain with an exercise program long-term if they set some goals. And it's especially helpful for people who are getting back into exercising after a long break or for people exercising for the first time. Goals give you a reason to get out there, get moving, and stick with it.

What's a Good Goal?
There should be two elements to your goal setting. One element is an in-the-moment type of short-term goal -- call this your exercise goal. How many sit-ups do you want to do? How many pounds do you want to lift? How many steps do you want to log on your pedometer? The second element is a down-the-road goal. Call this your fitness goal. This represents the long-term changes you'd like to see in yourself. Do you want to shrink your waist? Reduce your BMI? Lower your cholesterol or blood pressure? Beat your brother or sister at golf? Try new things every week and just have fun? Your long-term goal should be something that really motivates you.

And whatever your goals may be, reaching them will be much more fun if you follow these guidelines for setting goals:

* Make them specific. If your goal is lower blood pressure, get a specific number to strive for from your doctor. If your goal is to make exercise fun, give yourself a set number of things you have to try each week. If you simply want to get fit, use a specific tool for measuring how fit you're getting. Body-fat percentage, waist-to-hip ratio, and heart rate are good ones to try.
* Keep them realistic. It's good to aim high, but not if you're going to feel discouraged when you miss the mark. Set small, incremental goals that you can achieve over a period of time. For example, your goal may be to walk 4 miles every day. But if you're not a regular walker, start with 1 mile every other day and build up to your goal.
* Make them fun. If your goal is to work out for 2 hours to make up for that ice cream sundae you ate last night, you're going to hate exercise. Reaching your goal should feel rewarding, not exhausting. So make a pact with yourself to walk until it feels good.

Whether you want to lose weight, run marathons, or just feel your best, setting a few goals can make all the difference in your journey. It might be a long way from point A to point B, but you can help yourself bridge that distance more easily with a series of fun, rewarding, and motivational goals.

RealAge Workout -- Find fitness with walking and simple exercises

·
Registered
1 Posts
Avoiding weight gain is better than loosing it. You may get so much stuff on weight loss but i want to suggest you to go with healthy diet full of nutrients with regular exercise like running,swimming etc.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I dont eat dairy, sugar or bread and can lose weight and keep it off. I just have to follow those simple rules and it makes it easy to choose the right foods: lean protein and fruits and vegs and occasionally brown rice. And a metric ton of supps.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can take Green Tea but never add sugar in it.Because whenever you are on Diet You Have to Reduce or avoid the Sugar.Means You can't take Chocolates,Cakes,Sweet Etc.
Now If You want to reduce Your weight then take less oil,butter,cheese,and all that thing which contain lots of Fats.
You also have to control in Your food.you must have to take More salad in your Food and eat Fresh Fruit.but never Eat Banana It contains lots of Calories in it.
You also have to do Some Workout with this like Jogging ,Walking,Sit-ups,leg exercise,Cycling Etc.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I dont reduce my cold-pressed organic oil intake at all. I chug EVOO and fish oil like mad. I just cut out all refined carbs, processed foods, caffeine and even choccy
And drink a ton of red tea. I eat raw and lose all the weight I want to. And exercise.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
182 Posts
You don't really have to gon on any particular diet. I remember a while ago I wanted to lose some wieght and I already did a few sports, such as tennis, swimming ,cycling, skating. All you have to do is cut out your junk food and take in healthier food. I managed to lose 2-3 pounds per week that way

·
Registered
165 Posts
Zumba is a blast! Have you ever exercised while smiling and having fun? If there are no Zumba classes in your town- you can get the exercise video which I love. Another alternative that is fairly expensive is Bikryam Yoga. I loved it! You are able to stretch your body more due to the heat. Most places have a great introductory price for Bikryam Yoga, but then it can be expensive the following months.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts