Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Ladies,
I have been suffering - just as it sounds like you all are - with the most stuborn case of melasma. I won't go in to all of the details, but I have tried everything and have spent hundreds of dollars trying to get rid of it. If you suspect that your melasma is related to candida (like I do) I wanted to share with you the only thing that has helped me - Lotrimin cream (for athlete's foot). I know that sounds really weird, but it is totally working. If you do try it - make sure you buy the kind with butenafine hydrochloride in it. I apply it all over my face twice a day - I have been using it for a month and I if the improvement continues - I suspect I will be melasma free in another month. I have stopped all other facial products - just a mild cleanser and Lotrimin. Also, I recently purchased a Clarisonic brush and I think it is speading up the process. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm new here and am trying to read a lot of the posts. Yours is very interesting to me. I've read a lot from people who suspect their melasma is fungal in nature, so it only follows that an anti-fungal product would work. For a very short period of time, I was taking grapefruit seed extract in water, but the taste was so bad, I quit taking it. Recently, I started applying it to my face, but it's only been for the past few days. GSE is also an anti-fungal, IIRC, so I'm thinking it might help topically too. I just might continue with the GSE for a while, but if I don't see some results, I might try Lotrimin. It sure can't hurt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Colorado Lady,

I use GSE extract as well and the taste is horrible! I bought capsules that I fill with the GSE so I don't have to take it in water - much better. I have been seeing rapid results with the melasma lately - let me tell you a bit about what I have been doing. I apply the Lotrimin to my face every time I moisturize/wash (twice a day). I apply to my entire face cold pressed, organic coconut oil - I also ingest about 3 tablespoons a day - read about all the benefits - it has really made a huge impact in my life. Also, once a day I do a facial mask of maximum strength Selsun Blue - the shampoo for dandruff - also an antifungal. I have also been doing the Oil Cleanse Method with 25% castor oil 75% sesame oil and one drop of Geranium essential oil. All of this with lots of supplements/colon cleanse etc. Like I said - I am winning the battle with melasma (finally!)! Good luck to you! (I am in Colorado also)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks, sage, for your post. Recently, I found GSE capsules, so I'm adding them to my daily supplements. I just might try the rest of your regime to see if it will help me too.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Hi Sage ... how do you know that it is the Lotrimin that is helping and not just the GSE solely ... I can't take GSE because of another medication that I am taking ... so here's hoping that the Lotrimin will help ... I am so tired trying everything ... but everything ... and nothing works for me ... thank you for your anticipated response to this query.

Libra with Love ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Libra,

I have tried everything too. The reason I think the topical creams are working is because I see an improvement while still taking the GSE (and cleanses and all the gazillions of vitamins and watching my diet, etc). Actually, I am now using a lotion that I ordered off the internet it's called Tineacide Physicians Formula - that seems to be working the best of anything I have tried. Also, I have been reading that sometimes they stop working and you need to switch to a topical medication with different active ingredients.
I sure hope this helps. I know how hard all of this is.

-Sage

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Hi Sage ...

I just now looked up Tineacide Physicians Formula ... it is an anti-fungal cream as well ... Sage ... what seems to be the difference in this one and Lotrimin? Are you using both? Do you use on your entire facial area or only on your Melasma? I have been using the Lotrimin now for a few days ... no change thus far whatsoever ... I am so frustrated ... I know that it takes time ... but ohmygosh ... will it ever end?

Thank you so very much.

Libra

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sage , here in Australia we have a cream for athletes foot called LAMISIL the ingredients stated are Terbinafine Hydrochloride,would this be ok ? one of the ingredient is not in your Lotrimin. please help

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello Sage,

Are you still using lotrimin for your skin discoloration.

If yes, what is the progress.
Waiting for your reply..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Sage I've been waiting for a reply to my question, hope you are able to help me out? I was just wondering if the foot cream without the butenfine would be OK, I can't find Lotrimin here in Australia, but they have plenty of others and the one I was looking at has
Terbinafine Hydrochloride.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Still early days for me, but what's happened to Sage? I'm using Lamasil because I can't find the Lotrimin, if there is any change I'll keep you posted, been only one week so far.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi Sage
if you are using Lotrimin then please give me more information about its progress, soon if possible.i am waiting.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all, I would love to know if anyone is having any results with Lotrimin, yes Robert I have been waiting too. I have been thinking of starting on Pycnogenol, I've read that it has shown some promise for some members.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts