Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever been to a LUSH store?

What a great marketing idea!! - you cannot walk out without spending serious Bank! It's all so tempting and it looks like a pastry shop! Very pricey, but all calorie-free!
What are your favorite items?

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts

What a great marketing idea!! - you cannot walk out without spending serious Bank! It's all so tempting and it looks like a pastry shop! Very pricey, but all calorie-free!
Funny when I first read this I thought oh fawnie must be on the bottle tonight-lol wrong kind of Lush.

No never been to one, what is it? Pastries, yum and calorie free to boot?! Perfect!

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Fawnie are you talking Lush as in the cosmetics? If that is the case, LOL yes I have. Their bath salt are amazing. I used to buy a lemon soap there that was amazing as well.

Have you been to a Lather store before? similar idea. Bamboo lemongrass body scrub, sea kelp body wash, cranberry sugar scrub and the balancing sea kelp body oil with primrose is really nice.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LUSH Fresh Handmade Soaps and Natural Cosmetics

Whenever I order online from them, the pkg comes from Canada - I think that's their Mothership!

HahA - never seen a gasoline-paint fumes - toxic substances soap there, but it might have a small (unusual) following.....

I like the Aqua Marina cleanse for face (looks like a sushi roll), the Butterball bath bomb (has moisturizing cocoa butter in a base of baking soda so it fizzes!), the soaps (all of them!) and the Dream Cream (pretty expensive, but a real treat!).

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mmmm ... I really like a lot of LUSH products!
It's hard to just window shop there - most of it smells heavenly!
Luckily my man gets me "just because" gifts from there

If anyone has fine, limp hair, greasy roots or wants a good deep cleanse once in a while to get rid of product build up, the BIG shampoo in the pot is great! I LOVE JUICY is nice too & smells yummy.

Mirecka: if you're in TO there is one on Queen St. near the Eaton Centre I think. I shop the Sq 1 store & love to "test" n' sniff all their soaps & bath bombs - although I shot some blue bath stuff up my nose once & it burned for hours!
LOL

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Mirecka: if you're in TO there is one on Queen St. near the Eaton Centre I think. I shop the Sq 1 store & love to "test" n' sniff all their soaps & bath bombs - although I shot some blue bath stuff up my nose once & it burned for hours!
LOL
Thanks, I haven't noticed it downtown yet but will look for it now. I am moving to Mississauga shortly myself and have already "googled" to find the nearest shopping mall - and it happens to be Square One, so I'm in luck.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Mississauga? Is that in USA?
No - it's only 10 miles from where I am currently staying. I recently moved from Yorkville (downtown Toronto) to Etobicoke (west Toronto) and will soon move to Mississauga. Downside - harder to receive mail and packages since I am not the listed tenant; upside - closer to a Sephora!

The next move will be home to the NE USA - probably in the fall (or so). My visa ends in June 2010.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh boy, wait til the Current Occupants see all the chemicals coming in the mail!!! Won't they be pleased!!! They may think you are the Mad Chemist up there!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Oh boy, wait til the Current Occupants see all the chemicals coming in the mail!!! Won't they be pleased!!! They may think you are the Mad Chemist up there!
I am actually concerned about that. The building super for the condo will have to receive my packages - and if he thinks that I order too many things they might want more money from me (I'm sub-letting). Little do he/they know, that I order on-line to save money and time - but that's a different generation that operates differently. I'll figure the best way to handle this once I get setled there.

·
Registered
24 Posts

I LOVE LUSH!! I'm not a fan of their prices, though. But I love the way they stick to their ideals about packaging, you know? They have some very innovative concepts.

But more than that....their skin care smells delicious!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I am a little worried about using Lush, when I looked at their ingredients I saw that they use Parabens.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if Lush products available in the UK?
cheers
there's a store in Metrocentre, so yes they are.
I really hated to go in their store coz of the strong smell, but I will probably check it out tomorrow. Besides, I'm in search of a good moisturizer and they look really cool.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
there's a store in Metrocentre, so yes they are.
I really hated to go in their store coz of the strong smell, but I will probably check it out tomorrow. Besides, I'm in search of a good moisturizer and they look really cool.
Their Dream Cream is a really powerful body moisturizer as well as the butter bars! I don't use any of their facial moisturizers so can't tell you about them.
Let us know what you find!

Skin | care | talk

1 - 20 of 89 Posts