Skin Care Talk banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
thanks for the info sweetheart :) i use skin light with maxi light oil and glytone at mo on my body and nadinola for my face mixed.. and i also use retin a 1% twice a week LOVE IT!! can you please provide me some websites that actually sell products that contains natural products? i want something for my body :(
Pak cosmetics at www.pakcosmetics.com
And www.glow-skin.com

Pak has a range of natural products
and glow-skin also has a range of hq and natural products.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
ooh!! i guess that bad! :/ been using it off and on sometimes just once a day since september.. but i take 2 days break every week
No 5% is just fine and if you want results and have dark skin you need at least 4% anyway.
I used mine with RA 0.1% at night and vitamin c 20% cream during the day.
I use 2 days in the week just to moisturse my skin with shea butter and this has worked very well for me.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
can you please list the name of the products u use? the face routine ones... xx
People wouldnt like this Makari in the morning the cream and serum
At night gs xterme lotion form glow-skin
Vitamin c serum is from Jason

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
people WOULD? or wouldnt or was that a typo :p lol are all these natural?

do u honestly think glow-skin is all that and can be trusted? cause i wanna order a few natural stuffs.. for body and and face.. im a student and i dont wanna go broke lol :p

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
if its you on the profile you do look beautiful,have you lightened the whole of your body,i am new to this
so i dont understand how it actually works,i had big trouble with acne and had really discoloured skin on my face,tried lots of stuff ,finally managed to get rid of the trouble,have you ever used the nu skin products,they are very exclusive but efficient,check
out their tri-phasic white package and let me know if its ok for lightening,you can check the north america site as i think its not
available in europe
no hun thats cassie lol :p but her skin tone there is my starting complexion. a bit light maybe..

can u link me their website?

·
Registered
361 Posts
thanks for the info sweetheart :) i use skin light with maxi light oil and glytone at mo on my body and nadinola for my face mixed.. and i also use retin a 1% twice a week LOVE IT!! can you please provide me some websites that actually sell products that contains natural products? i want something for my body :(
Hey Xarax,

how are you getting along with your skin light mix? Is it effective? And if you don't mind me asking where do you purchase your glytone from? And also do you mix the three together?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hey Busola,

very useful info here, thanks!
So i just wanted to ask, how effective are the GS products? I mean are they legit enough and have they worked for you?

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Hey Busola, very useful info here, thanks!:five:  So i just wanted to ask, how effective are the GS products? I mean are they legit enough and have they worked for you?
Hi look26 gs products are very effective for me.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Hey Xarax,

how are you getting along with your skin light mix? Is it effective? And if you don't mind me asking where do you purchase your glytone from? And also do you mix the three together?
hi just to give u background info im arab and I'm light brown in complexion (natural).. i wanted to achieve the golden/beige-ish skin tone..

and my mix works!!1 lol really does lol!

i add to my skin light (tub) maxi light (oil) and the skin light (tube) right after showering with kojie san i apply the mix along with glytone all over except my face and yes it works! :) even though i have been on and off for 4 months it still works! touch wood i get to my goal skin tone!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
No 5% is just fine and if you want results and have dark skin you need at least 4% anyway.
I used mine with RA 0.1% at night and vitamin c 20% cream during the day.
I use 2 days in the week just to moisturse my skin with shea butter and this has worked very well for me.
Alright so here my new HQ free regimen.. (i will let go of HQ slowly once reaching my goal colour hopefully by jan)

so new regimen PLEASE FEEL FREE TO HELP ME MAKE IT BETTER :) UR COMMENT ARE MORE THEN WELCOME

in no particular order:

face:
vit c sérum
retin a
gluta-c (funky mommy)
kojie san AND lika paypa soap

body:
glytone lotion
retin-A
glow skin vitamin c cream or lotion (which one is better)?
Glow skin Xtrem lotion
and MAYBE
glow skin ultra DAY

please tell me what do you all think?

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I lightened by 5-6 shades using hq for about 6 months and i weaned myself of hq last month and i have been able to maintain my shade using alternative lightening products.
I have even gotten lighter.
I was unsure of using alternative lightening because i thought they wouldnt be effective enough but if you have the right products it works wonders.
I discovered its best to combine products that have different ingredients for example

In the morning on face
apply a serum that has glycolic acid +mulberry extract
then use a cream that has naciniamide+ vitamin c
At night
cream that has alpha-arbutin+kojic acid and i apply with RA 0.5%

On alternative days i use vitamin c serum instead of the glycolic acid + mulberry serum

For body
In the morning
Vitamin c body cream 20%
In the evening
Carotien lightening body lotion + carotein serum +maxi white serum+ Amlactin/glytone
I apply the AHA lotion first

This worked for me remember i have lightened 5-6 shades past my original colour using hq at 5%
Is your GA/Mulberry extract a DIY serum? If so, what`s the percentage of both and how did you incorporate the mulberry extract?

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Is your GA/Mulberry extract a DIY serum? If so, what`s the percentage of both and how did you incorporate the mulberry extract?
Hi Utopianbeauty i dont do diy so i buy my products. There are lots of products that use mulberry extract because it more effective than bearberry extract.

The product i use that contains this is Makari serum it has both glycolic acid and mulberry extract and glow-skin also does a very potent serum that contains mulberry extract,beaberry extract and licoqrice its called GS serum i used this at night mixed with my GS xtreme cream. Xtreme has Alpha-arbutin and kojic acid.

As i said before it's best to mix these actives to get the best result this is what works for me.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Alright so here my new HQ free regimen.. (i will let go of HQ slowly once reaching my goal colour hopefully by jan)

so new regimen PLEASE FEEL FREE TO HELP ME MAKE IT BETTER :) UR COMMENT ARE MORE THEN WELCOME

in no particular order:

face:
vit c sérum
retin a
gluta-c (funky mommy)
kojie san AND lika paypa soap

body:
glytone lotion
retin-A
glow skin vitamin c cream or lotion (which one is better)?
Glow skin Xtrem lotion
and MAYBE
glow skin ultra DAY

please tell me what do you all think?
Glowskin lotions are just as effective as the creams if you have oily skin go for the lotion. I used the vitamin c 20% and boy its so good the xtreme is best used with the gs serum. I havent used the gs ultra day so i cant comment on that.
Your regimen looks very good and i am sure you would get results.
Good luck

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Glowskin lotions are just as effective as the creams if you have oily skin go for the lotion. I used the vitamin c 20% and boy its so good the xtreme is best used with the gs serum. I havent used the gs ultra day so i cant comment on that.
Your regimen looks very good and i am sure you would get results.
Good luck
thank hun :) when i do move on to GS ill do a full on review

·
Registered
361 Posts
hi just to give u background info im arab and I'm light brown in complexion (natural).. i wanted to achieve the golden/beige-ish skin tone..

and my mix works!!1 lol really does lol!

i add to my skin light (tub) maxi light (oil) and the skin light (tube) right after showering with kojie san i apply the mix along with glytone all over except my face and yes it works! :) even though i have been on and off for 4 months it still works! touch wood i get to my goal skin tone!
Hey girl,

Im glad there is something out there that actually works. I defo need to try this one out, the G&G did me no good!

How long did you use it for? and where did you purchase the glytone from?

·
Registered
256 Posts
DAMN thats ur post made my day. what products are you using? or are you compounding your own stuffs? please help this sista out :) HQ is causing some skin irritations to me i wanna get rid of it!

i hope its products u buy online lol :p i suck at DIY
i use the rose line lightening cream for my face,neck and hands. it definitely has been helping, my hands were like a dark brown and now they are a medium brown.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts