Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to speed up the activity of the Kojic Acid on my skin?

Ive been using a bleaching cream with BHA (salicylic acid) and Kojic acid for like two weeks i've increased from 1x to 2x a day and MAYBE i've lightened a half a shade..

I know natural lighteners take long but how long should it take to see results?? Anything safe I can use in conjuction with the cream to speed up results a bit??

Also Im using a Papaya soap before i apply the cream.. and im dark skin about like Jennifer Hudson
I want to be like rapper Trina/Meagan Good/

·
Registered
108 Posts
You may not be giving it enough time. It generally takes a 4 week turnaround for your skin cells to completely exfoliate away and reveal new skin. The kojic acid, and anything else you use, is only going to affect the newer skin cells as they work their way to the surface. You may not see real measurable results for 6 weeks even, it depends on the person. I'd recommend 2x/day, and use an SPF even on cloudy days. Every type of skin darkens in the sun, whether direct or bounced through car and office windows.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot!
I guess i just need to work on my patience..
Also, would a glycolic acid gel (from the same skin line) help the process any ? And if so, how would you suggest using it in conjunction with the Kj bleaching cream?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Don't know your age but if you're 30 above, u may want to try retin-a for deep exfoliation which will help ur bleaching cream penetrate better, you can order it online at alldaychemistdotcom and yes you're right, with all bleaching creams, patience is a virtue, good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't know your age but if you're 30 above, u may want to try retin-a for deep exfoliation which will help ur bleaching cream penetrate better, you can order it online at alldaychemistdotcom and yes you're right, with all bleaching creams, patience is a virtue, good luck
Actually im 20. So whats a good alternative to the retin-a ?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Lightening takes time. Period. Patience will prove essential in obtaining your desired result. The skin lightens through 2 main processes: exfoliation & reduction in melanin production & in order to do this safely, it takes time. Staying out of the sun & using a good sunblock help results not get reversed, but it sounds like you are progressing at a reasonable and safe rate. Good luck! It'll be worth it in the end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts