Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
makeup, hair care, body cleansers and lotions, treatments...
make your own antiaging cream, skin lightening cream, shampoo, conditioner, lipstick, blush...

i notice that there are people where spending at least 100 bucks for products that will only last maybe 1-2 months at the most. why do that unless you are filthy stinkin' rich or want to be cheritable to multimillion dollar cosmetic companies that over charge you cause they know you are stupid enough to pay. maybe stupid is too harsh but i sure feel stupid spending 300 bucks in one year on skin lightening product for my hyperpigmentation when i could make my own (HQ free) for far less.

here are some sites i found over the years that sell natural and synthetic cosmetic ingredients
Skin Actives Scientific
Premium ingredients at less than premium prices... Lotioncrafter
https://shop.gardenofwisdom.com/splashPage.hg
Somerset Cosmetic Company: Your Source for Homemade Cosmetics: How to Make Handcrafted Personal Care Products, Toiletries and Cosmetics. We sell Cosmetic Ingredients, Books, Containers, Tools
Soap Making, Skin Care, Aromatherapy and Herbal Information Library - FNWL
Essential Oils Online - Essential Oil and Aromatherapy Products

if you can bake a cake from scratch then you can make your own cosmetics. you will need a few supplies, practice and a bit of proper mixing knowlege but there are alot of forums that can help. some of the sites i gave above have their own forums and a little research will go a long way. im looking to expand this list so if you know any good sites that sells cosmetic ingredients can you please name them.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no problem. i hope they help.
i used to use murad products. but they are so expensive but they worked great. but then i realized that i would buy the same actives and make my own products for much less. the only problem is with mixing. there is a proper method to mixing everything but when you first start out it can be a bit confusing. but there are alot of posted recipes on the sites i listed above so it helps alot. also the are directions on how to properly mix certain ingredients.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm actually going to try to make my own stuff. Thinking of getting started with body care products. I'll keep the board posted on my success or failure.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow goodlooking. please post your recipe when if everything works out. thanks. im glad everyone is the sites ive shared.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
this looks cool. By the way, HonEB, we don't see ya around much--good to have you back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts