Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made my own vit c serum. I would like to know if i could add vit E or another product, please.
The vit C i have made contains vit c, glycerine and distilled water, i got the recipe of here,lol.
I'm 42 just! lol, never really looked after my skin and smoked, i have now stopped though it's early days. I need something to help with wrinkles, plump my skin and hopefully make it glow.
I have just started taking Vit c, collagen and a omega 3 with vits A,C D and E.

Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
HI! Glad you are mixing your own! You can customize it to your needs that way and save $$$. Yes you can certainly add the contents of 1 or 2 gel capsules of Vit E. You will need to shake it very well to disperse the oil with the water and glycerin and ascorbic acid, but it will make a nice serum.

I use rosehip seed oil instead of vit C and it makes a great serum for me. If you find the "Two Vitamin C Serums" thread you will find another recipe that is great too.

Happy mixing!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi
Thanks for your help, i looked at the link it looks very good,lol. I think i will give it a go if i can find out where to buy Ferulic from.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in the UK, will i be able to have it sent over here from the USA. I'm having alot of trouble finding the the ingrediants for alot of the products i would like to make, for some reason i cant find them in the UK.
Sorry this is my first posting

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's brilliant. I'm just having a look through it now, i saw Ferulic Acid on e.bay but i didn't want to take a chance buying it.

Thank i'm of to look now, lol

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I use rosehip seed oil instead of vit C and it makes a great serum for me.
What I meant to say was that I use rosehip seed oil instead of vit Eand I leave out the glycerin. The rosehip seed oil gives it a nice consistency, but next time I am going to use vit E to up the anti-oxidants.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fawnie
Do you follow the recipe and swap the rosehip for glycerine.
I cant get the ferulic acid at the moment, so i shall follow the recipe for basic vit c. I'm going add vit e, just not sure how much yet. lol

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
1 gelcap vit E (squeeze out the contents)
1 tsp L-ascorbic acid
30ml distilled water
1/4 tsp rosehip seed oil

You will need to shake it frequently since the oils will not dissolve in water. This is not a scientific formula, just my experiment! There are many more online on the various sites that supply the ingredients.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
sorry know im changing subject here but

Fawnie just so i know if i am correct by doing this or not cause i have experienced flaky skin since this morning, persuming this is normal due to green cream just wondering if it is alright to add the gylcerin to my carrier, essential oils to hopefully help with this, or should stop using green tonight for couple days?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Felen i also live in Uk and if you can could you please let me if you do find any good website to order ingrendients off i would be really interested if you could let me know! So far i find this very hard to find too! Unfortunatly from what i know cause the laws are very different here from in US there are some things you just cant buy over counter, or otherwise you need a prescription for this! Good luck in your search, il let you know if i come across any good websites too for diy recepies!

However if you do want ferulic you could always buy it off skin ceuticals website they have here in UK now, this is not cheap though!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
sorry know im changing subject here but

Fawnie just so i know if i am correct by doing this or not cause i have experienced flaky skin since this morning, persuming this is normal due to green cream just wondering if it is alright to add the gylcerin to my carrier, essential oils to hopefully help with this, or should stop using green tonight for couple days?
NY,
Are you exfoliating the flaky patches GENTLY with a warm wet flannel? Adding a drop of light oil to the flannel could exfoliate easily. Rosehip seed oil.

Putting moisturizer on top of flaky skin isn't really going to help unless the flakes are off.

Yes I would back off the Green Cream for a while. Have you gone to the Green Cream Forum and asked there? They generally have the answers!

Register here:ADVANCED SKIN TECHNOLOGY • Index page

HTH & congrats on your new Elite status!!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I have posted question yes, is it normal though as far as you know to get flaking?

I have been exfoliating yes not everyday but once or twice week, it try using the oil then with wet cloth as you suggested, should i do this everyday? Also i have my clay masks that exfoliates skin and AHA in it so use this once a week as leaves skin soft!

Should i not use vit c either?

I do like the product as is leaving my skin soft in morning, hopefully can stick with it as want to be able to use ret products without causing damage to skin!

Thanks fawnie just noticed that!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I have posted question yes, is it normal though as far as you know to get flaking?

I have been exfoliating yes not everyday but once or twice week, it try using the oil then with wet cloth as you suggested, should i do this everyday? Also i have my clay masks that exfoliates skin and AHA in it so use this once a week as leaves skin soft!

Should i not use vit c either

I do like the product as is leaving my skin soft in morning, hopefully can stick with it as want to be able to use ret products without causing damage to skin!

Thanks fawnie just noticed that!
NY
Off the topic of this thread but
The clay and AHA would be too drying for dry skin, especially if you are using a retinol like Green Cream!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
The clay has aha in it ok il try find something more pure as a mask as do like them a lot!

Personally i never find the clay masks drying, what would you suggest in mask? i dont find moisturizing ones any good for lifting the skin so to speak, i actually find them more effective than exfoliating the clay masks!

sorry know off topic

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Well, yogurt and honey would be good. The lactic acid in the yogurt would be more gentle than the AHA (glycolic acid). The honey would give you some "lifting". Just a suggestion.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Fawnie im sorry know im going on here a bit and totally off topic!

I already do yoghurt masks and add lemon and honey to my ones!

However just wondering then if i do get masks with acid in them, of course il only get natural take it lactic acid is most gentle and only one i should use really! Otherwise il just use natural ingrendients and make my own oat masks are also good i think!

Going back though to vit c should i not use this until skin is ok, or if so could i half the quantity of vit c? I dont have any ph strips, at mo waiting to get some in that ordered today so as long as follow exact recepie is it ok to use?

I nicked my last couple from doctors office! OOPs

I did notice on green cream a lot of women seem to going on there about peeling skin! so il double check the vit c serum with them too! Just incase

Sorry know i have gone on a bit here, but till i hear back from green cream site thought it best to get a quick opinion before i continue any skin care regime

thanks for the help fawnie

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
IluvNy
Course i will, i found a website in the UK the ferulic acid was £100 +. I asked at a couple of chemists and the ferulic acid is not listed in any of the chemists 'bible'.
Did you know you dont need to buy distilled water. If you freeze water then allow it to melt the water is distilled. The chemist told me.
I'm also having probs with rose hip oil, i can find other rose oils but this is so expensive over here for a 5ml.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts