Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Au contraire! No it is NOT "OK".

When you are sitting in the bar, you are also inhaling all the 2nd hand smoke that other ppl are fouling the air with. Which is even worse. If you smoke one cigarette or 20 it's all the same: you paralyze the cilia in your respiratory system making it impossible for them to move out all the crap you are inhaling. Sludge. In your body.

Don't tell me "it's so hard to quit". If you want to, you will. That's the biggest copout on the planet. If you smoke, you are a loser. Period.
Fawnie you are my new hero.

I'm a massive anti-smoking person.
Let's see........you take this little thing that has smoke coming out the end.........
and you stick it in your mouth an inhale thousands of toxic substances into your body.
Sounds smart.

Oh and that product is pretty much garbage as far as supplements go. Donkey what????????? Show me one ity bity piece of scientific evidence that this product will do squat for your skin?????
Anti-Aging Formula

That is all..........I've said my peace.....have a nice day all.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I'd really like to know what the big dogs such as Skinceuticals use in their serum to get the c to fully disolve? With no grit. I grind my C down with a mortar and pestle and this works much better than the regular c powder. I'm thinking of buying some ultra fine powder. It is more $$$$ though.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
For my last two batches - I added the vitamin C to my liquid base in a larger bottle and shook it - and found that it dissolved more thoroughly. I then transferred the serum to a smaller dropper bottle for my daily use and left behind the few grits that remained. This has given me a rather smooth final product. The mixing bottle I use is also blue glass and about twice the size of the smaller dropper bottle.

I don't know what it is - maybe more of the surface area of the crystals/powder is available to the solution and so it dissolves better when it has more room. This also seems to be the case when I make my 3oz spritzer - it is a larger bottle than the volume of solution that I make and there is literally no grit.
Interesting. Thanks for the idea. I might just have to try that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts