Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
HI! Glad you are mixing your own! You can customize it to your needs that way and save $$$. Yes you can certainly add the contents of 1 or 2 gel capsules of Vit E. You will need to shake it very well to disperse the oil with the water and glycerin and ascorbic acid, but it will make a nice serum.

I use rosehip seed oil instead of vit C and it makes a great serum for me. If you find the "Two Vitamin C Serums" thread you will find another recipe that is great too.

Happy mixing!

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I use rosehip seed oil instead of vit C and it makes a great serum for me.
What I meant to say was that I use rosehip seed oil instead of vit Eand I leave out the glycerin. The rosehip seed oil gives it a nice consistency, but next time I am going to use vit E to up the anti-oxidants.

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
1 gelcap vit E (squeeze out the contents)
1 tsp L-ascorbic acid
30ml distilled water
1/4 tsp rosehip seed oil

You will need to shake it frequently since the oils will not dissolve in water. This is not a scientific formula, just my experiment! There are many more online on the various sites that supply the ingredients.

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
sorry know im changing subject here but

Fawnie just so i know if i am correct by doing this or not cause i have experienced flaky skin since this morning, persuming this is normal due to green cream just wondering if it is alright to add the gylcerin to my carrier, essential oils to hopefully help with this, or should stop using green tonight for couple days?
NY,
Are you exfoliating the flaky patches GENTLY with a warm wet flannel? Adding a drop of light oil to the flannel could exfoliate easily. Rosehip seed oil.

Putting moisturizer on top of flaky skin isn't really going to help unless the flakes are off.

Yes I would back off the Green Cream for a while. Have you gone to the Green Cream Forum and asked there? They generally have the answers!

Register here:ADVANCED SKIN TECHNOLOGY • Index page

HTH & congrats on your new Elite status!!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I have posted question yes, is it normal though as far as you know to get flaking?

I have been exfoliating yes not everyday but once or twice week, it try using the oil then with wet cloth as you suggested, should i do this everyday? Also i have my clay masks that exfoliates skin and AHA in it so use this once a week as leaves skin soft!

Should i not use vit c either

I do like the product as is leaving my skin soft in morning, hopefully can stick with it as want to be able to use ret products without causing damage to skin!

Thanks fawnie just noticed that!
NY
Off the topic of this thread but
The clay and AHA would be too drying for dry skin, especially if you are using a retinol like Green Cream!

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Well, yogurt and honey would be good. The lactic acid in the yogurt would be more gentle than the AHA (glycolic acid). The honey would give you some "lifting". Just a suggestion.

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
yes i have been for a while its a basic recipe. I have it in a 10ml bottle with lid, though i read alot of people have a dropper. Would you onle use 2/3 drops as at the mo i just tip a small amount in my hand. I cant get ferulic acid the skin place has sold out. They sell it on e.bay but in tablet form, not sure if i could powder it up

Just be sure that the tablets of ferulic don't contain fillers that would muck up the serum. I found ferulic @

Skin Actives Scientific : Ferulic Acid.

I've ordered from them before w/o problems.

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
i don't really know anything about making my own vitamins, but good for you in doing so!
I too, have also started to become a little worried about my skin and its appearance. I have noticed that i do not have the healthy pure looking skin that others do. I am also a smoker, so this probably adds age and other discoloration to my skin, aswell as leaving me the dark lines under my eyes.
The single most important thing you can do for your health is to QUIT SMOKING!
You are wasting your money on anti-ageing products if you continue to smoke!

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts

With the money you save - you can buy the best products on the market and go to the best spas in the world!
......and smell better too!
Smokers don't have any idea how foul their breath, clothing, hair and cars smell. I used to smoke. Now I know better. Hopefully it wasn't too late.

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Oh, so your a social smoker-
. That's ok, I know lots of people that are.
Au contraire! No it is NOT "OK".

When you are sitting in the bar, you are also inhaling all the 2nd hand smoke that other ppl are fouling the air with. Which is even worse. If you smoke one cigarette or 20 it's all the same: you paralyze the cilia in your respiratory system making it impossible for them to move out all the crap you are inhaling. Sludge. In your body.

Don't tell me "it's so hard to quit". If you want to, you will. That's the biggest copout on the planet. If you smoke, you are a loser. Period.

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Not a bad day at all, thanks!

But it pisses me off when ppl shrug off smoking as "just a little habit I have".
I'm pretty vehement about it, can you tell? You do not want to see me get really going about it.

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Fawnie , Do you think you could use Hyaluronic acid solution instead of H2O?
Netty,
The oracles I have consulted say that the C+E ferulic serum should be "as is" and not muddled up. If you wanted to use hyaluronic acid you could use it as a separate serum and apply 30 min after the C serum. (It takes 30 min at least for the C to penetrate the skin.)

Sorry, I wish there were a "One-A-Day" Serum that has it all, but none so far!
Too many conflicting ingredients and pH's. But I am awed at your enthusiasm!!

Here is a more advanced C serum that you might be interested in:
http://www.skincaretalk.com/anti-agi...ulic-serum.htm

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
RE: getting the L-ascorbic acid crystals to dissolve.
Kassy did say that you have to stir it like the debbil - for 5 minutes sometimes - to get it to dissolve.

I have an email out to find out what the best emulsifier is to use in the C+E ferulic. I can't get the E to emulsify! Will post if anyone else is interested!

Skin | care | talk

1 - 20 of 33 Posts