Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
sorry know im changing subject here but

Fawnie just so i know if i am correct by doing this or not cause i have experienced flaky skin since this morning, persuming this is normal due to green cream just wondering if it is alright to add the gylcerin to my carrier, essential oils to hopefully help with this, or should stop using green tonight for couple days?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Felen i also live in Uk and if you can could you please let me if you do find any good website to order ingrendients off i would be really interested if you could let me know! So far i find this very hard to find too! Unfortunatly from what i know cause the laws are very different here from in US there are some things you just cant buy over counter, or otherwise you need a prescription for this! Good luck in your search, il let you know if i come across any good websites too for diy recepies!

However if you do want ferulic you could always buy it off skin ceuticals website they have here in UK now, this is not cheap though!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I have posted question yes, is it normal though as far as you know to get flaking?

I have been exfoliating yes not everyday but once or twice week, it try using the oil then with wet cloth as you suggested, should i do this everyday? Also i have my clay masks that exfoliates skin and AHA in it so use this once a week as leaves skin soft!

Should i not use vit c either?

I do like the product as is leaving my skin soft in morning, hopefully can stick with it as want to be able to use ret products without causing damage to skin!

Thanks fawnie just noticed that!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
The clay has aha in it ok il try find something more pure as a mask as do like them a lot!

Personally i never find the clay masks drying, what would you suggest in mask? i dont find moisturizing ones any good for lifting the skin so to speak, i actually find them more effective than exfoliating the clay masks!

sorry know off topic

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Fawnie im sorry know im going on here a bit and totally off topic!

I already do yoghurt masks and add lemon and honey to my ones!

However just wondering then if i do get masks with acid in them, of course il only get natural take it lactic acid is most gentle and only one i should use really! Otherwise il just use natural ingrendients and make my own oat masks are also good i think!

Going back though to vit c should i not use this until skin is ok, or if so could i half the quantity of vit c? I dont have any ph strips, at mo waiting to get some in that ordered today so as long as follow exact recepie is it ok to use?

I nicked my last couple from doctors office! OOPs

I did notice on green cream a lot of women seem to going on there about peeling skin! so il double check the vit c serum with them too! Just incase

Sorry know i have gone on a bit here, but till i hear back from green cream site thought it best to get a quick opinion before i continue any skin care regime

thanks for the help fawnie

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Felen i buy all my oils at health food shops, rose seed oil not rose hip though! The distilled water i bought at home base for few pounds, thanks for tip about distilled water, when it runs out il try making my own! There are some webites too fawnie and peri gave me making my own moisturizing cream too if it helps!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
No once a day only in morn wait at least 30 mins before applying spf! Personally i did not like olay total effects the ingrendients is not great for anti aging and too irrating on my skin, you need a blue or brown bottle for vit c serum!

Its rose hip seed oil if you can find it! Hollands and Barretts do oils and so does victoria health if you have any near to where you live!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Still no reply from green cream forum such a pain as dont want to go into work tomo with flaky skin!

Patience though will be a good thing with me right about now!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Felen though from what i know about green cream it is more for fine lines and acne, does not really do much for wrinkles already formed!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Gymrat can you buy green cream on ebay cause i noticed that it was only samples when i saw this!

Felen you should start on lev 3 to avoid bad purging etc!

Mirecka i have distilled water at mo, but not using vit c at mo due to bad dryness dont want to get irratated skin! Think i need to wait to get used to green cream first, dont want to over do it, i think!?

Thanks though for elit thing, been spending too much time on here obviously!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Gymrat i looked on ebay and yeah it was samples i saw however if you do know if anywhere in UK does sell green cream pls pls pls let me know this will save me money in shipping fees.

I tryed to find the full bottle but could not anywhere personally! Thanks

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I hate smoking too, am so please now when they banned people from smoking here in the Uk it means i go out and my hair dont stink of ****, my clothes still smell nice! My friends too who were smoking when drunk have given up the **** now too!

Shame i never got my best mate to do this though, he is 3 years younger than me 27 smokes and drinks every day and has bad wrinkles cause of this! He looks older than me!

Anyhow he dont talk to me anymore now he has met his girlfriend think the whole friendship, flirting thing got too awkward, oh well!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Gymart thanks but they can only see samples apparently! Only will sell one little one at a time for you of the green cream, think hopefully if can use it regularly would prob work out a lot of money buying samples all the time but il see!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Hi felen i just thought i should mention to you having looked at buying off the sight on ebay this actually works out more money than ordering off derma store.com where is does work out cheaper, im thinking of using green cream as long term thing though, on ebay they are charging uk clients with shipping fees even though they say no charge for shipping and are only giving free shipping to US clients!

Just thought i would point this out to you, however may be if you go on green cream website they might help you, it took few days but however i did get a reply from keving today on green cream forum at long last!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Fawnie can i check before i make it to do say a 10 per cent vit c serum or 15 etc how do you measure it, i just followed mirecka recepie she posted orignally is this enough to do or not?

I never tested the ph before either just followed the recepie again is this correct to do?

Also i did post this earlier but should i leave gylcerin out now and just use the oils instead, is it better to just use rose oil or can i use mixture of all of my ones? Thanks

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Hi everyone i just wanted to check before i make the vit c serum how do i know the percentage is correct il start at 15 and build from there, but then do you determine the 15 per cent by the amount of absorbic acid i put in or what?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Is it better to as well use the rosehip oil instead of gyclerin or does it not matter what you use?

suppose i could just follow fawnies recepie on first page of this post? Have not checked though to see how differs to the origanl one i got from mirecka but thought i should check all this out before i make anything up, thanks

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
yes just got it now, sorry missed it before when going through thread!

anyhow i dont know what all the amen but am always willing to help and come on mean but i just did not notice the reply, just quickly scanned through the thread and missed it!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Thankyou mirecka il let you know how it goes, anyhow i have had a really shitty day am gonna make the vit c and go to bed! spk laters

1 - 20 of 21 Posts