Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made my own vit c serum. I would like to know if i could add vit E or another product, please.
The vit C i have made contains vit c, glycerine and distilled water, i got the recipe of here,lol.
I'm 42 just! lol, never really looked after my skin and smoked, i have now stopped though it's early days. I need something to help with wrinkles, plump my skin and hopefully make it glow.
I have just started taking Vit c, collagen and a omega 3 with vits A,C D and E.

Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi
Thanks for your help, i looked at the link it looks very good,lol. I think i will give it a go if i can find out where to buy Ferulic from.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm in the UK, will i be able to have it sent over here from the USA. I'm having alot of trouble finding the the ingrediants for alot of the products i would like to make, for some reason i cant find them in the UK.
Sorry this is my first posting

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's brilliant. I'm just having a look through it now, i saw Ferulic Acid on e.bay but i didn't want to take a chance buying it.

Thank i'm of to look now, lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fawnie
Do you follow the recipe and swap the rosehip for glycerine.
I cant get the ferulic acid at the moment, so i shall follow the recipe for basic vit c. I'm going add vit e, just not sure how much yet. lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
IluvNy
Course i will, i found a website in the UK the ferulic acid was £100 +. I asked at a couple of chemists and the ferulic acid is not listed in any of the chemists 'bible'.
Did you know you dont need to buy distilled water. If you freeze water then allow it to melt the water is distilled. The chemist told me.
I'm also having probs with rose hip oil, i can find other rose oils but this is so expensive over here for a 5ml.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I found some sites re-make your own skin care, and lost the recipes, lol. I'm just looking now. I'l have a look at health shops when i go into town.
So i need rose seed oil, not rosehip seed oil.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Sorry another question.
Do i use the vit c either recipe twice a day and use a moisturiser with sunscreen after. At the moment i use total effects by oil of ulay as daughter bought it for mother's day. I normaly use a very basic moisturiser.
Do i use bottles with pippettes (sp) or a lid. At the mo i use 10ml amber glass bottle with a lid

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
thanks Iluvny

What is this green cream everyone is talking about. Where do you get it and what does it contain. I was looking at using retin (sp) but worried the effect it will have on my skin. I used something a few years ago a moisturiser and it rubbed bits of skin of, left my skin glowing and smooth. Cant remember what it was as someone bought it for my brithday.
I dont know if i should try retin or AHA, if i do can i still use the vit c serum.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
lol, thankyou, i found a garnier one, though the reviews were not good.

Of topic, but the vit c serum do i put it in a bottle with a dropper or a bottle with a lid. Is there any difference.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
yes i have been for a while its a basic recipe. I have it in a 10ml bottle with lid, though i read alot of people have a dropper. Would you onle use 2/3 drops as at the mo i just tip a small amount in my hand. I cant get ferulic acid the skin place has sold out. They sell it on e.bay but in tablet form, not sure if i could powder it up
Thanks for the site shall have a look now

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
just ordered a level 6 sample.
Now i use the vit c serum, 30 mins later i apply moisturiser, at night i apply green cream. Will it flake my skin if so shall i just rub my skin, also do i use it every night or 2/3 times a week

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Why would anyone go through the bother of making their own distilled water?
It is not like you are going to make a better product or save tons of money for your trouble.

Anyway - NY - you have been busy! Congratulations on your new SCT Elite status!
I live out of town and only have a tesco near me. They only sell 3 litres of water, hence i asked for a smaller bottle, as i dont need that much and it was so heavy to carry home. (its a 20min walk). I froze the water and found popping out an ice cube is alot easier than trying to pour out of a bottle.

I'm having loads of trouble getting ph strips as i never checked the ph on my vit c. I went everywhere today with my mother, none of the chemists large or small sell them. We went to some aqautic (sp) places there ph starts at 6.5. Been on e.bay and have a couple on watch which finish in 9 days!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
sorry more questions. how on earth do you know the % of the solution, as i dont have a clue. If i measure teh PH does it need to be between 0 and 3.5 or 3.5 and higher.
I would like to make the vit c,e and ferulic but feel very unsure due to ph and solution

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Ok, i have read through loads of threads.The PH i really dont get all, i never was good at things like that. As long as i know what the PH is for what i need then thats fine.
I have distilled water now, daughter carried it for me ( i have artharitis (sp) in my fingers, hence i couldn't carry it). Daughter has poured it into little bottles for me.
I have only ever made basic skincare, ******* cupboard stuff which i enjoy. Hence so many questions as i dont understand alot of the technical stuff.
I also used to smoke and stopped. It is hard but if you really want to do it you can, there's loads of help to stop. I never liked the smell though i smoked and cant stand the smell now. I wear perfume now when i never used to due to smoking and i smell fresh.
I'm also going to try Derma Caps and see how i get on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Hi felen i just thought i should mention to you having looked at buying off the sight on ebay this actually works out more money than ordering off derma store.com where is does work out cheaper, im thinking of using green cream as long term thing though, on ebay they are charging uk clients with shipping fees even though they say no charge for shipping and are only giving free shipping to US clients!

Just thought i would point this out to you, however may be if you go on green cream website they might help you, it took few days but however i did get a reply from keving today on green cream forum at long last!
Hiya thanks for that. I'm still waiting for the sample i think it will take a few days. I'll have a look at the website for green cream. Thanks.

On the vit C. I buy powder Vit c and i grind in a morter and pestle to make a fine powder. I also make the serum in a larger bottle and shake like mad, i use waxing eyebrow sticks to stir like mad as well. So far the serum has been nice and smooth.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts