Skin Care Talk banner
21 - 40 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Felen i buy all my oils at health food shops, rose seed oil not rose hip though! The distilled water i bought at home base for few pounds, thanks for tip about distilled water, when it runs out il try making my own! There are some webites too fawnie and peri gave me making my own moisturizing cream too if it helps!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I found some sites re-make your own skin care, and lost the recipes, lol. I'm just looking now. I'l have a look at health shops when i go into town.
So i need rose seed oil, not rosehip seed oil.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Sorry another question.
Do i use the vit c either recipe twice a day and use a moisturiser with sunscreen after. At the moment i use total effects by oil of ulay as daughter bought it for mother's day. I normaly use a very basic moisturiser.
Do i use bottles with pippettes (sp) or a lid. At the mo i use 10ml amber glass bottle with a lid

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
No once a day only in morn wait at least 30 mins before applying spf! Personally i did not like olay total effects the ingrendients is not great for anti aging and too irrating on my skin, you need a blue or brown bottle for vit c serum!

Its rose hip seed oil if you can find it! Hollands and Barretts do oils and so does victoria health if you have any near to where you live!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Still no reply from green cream forum such a pain as dont want to go into work tomo with flaky skin!

Patience though will be a good thing with me right about now!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
thanks Iluvny

What is this green cream everyone is talking about. Where do you get it and what does it contain. I was looking at using retin (sp) but worried the effect it will have on my skin. I used something a few years ago a moisturiser and it rubbed bits of skin of, left my skin glowing and smooth. Cant remember what it was as someone bought it for my brithday.
I dont know if i should try retin or AHA, if i do can i still use the vit c serum.

·
Administrator
33,917 Posts
Here is some info on green cream

How To Use Green Cream | GreenCream.ca

And yes you can use Vit C with green cream. I would probably use one in the AM like Vit C then use the green cream in the PM in the beginning. Until you see how your skin is going to react. It is always better to introduce one product at a time to your skin, and let your skin adjust.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Felen though from what i know about green cream it is more for fine lines and acne, does not really do much for wrinkles already formed!

·
Administrator
33,917 Posts
Is there a Uk site that sells green cream or did you order from the US
I actually can buy it locally (well kind of). They sell it in the town my son goes to college. So he usually mails it to me. But yes you can order it from the UK. Let me see if I can find a site for you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
lol, thankyou, i found a garnier one, though the reviews were not good.

Of topic, but the vit c serum do i put it in a bottle with a dropper or a bottle with a lid. Is there any difference.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
yes i have been for a while its a basic recipe. I have it in a 10ml bottle with lid, though i read alot of people have a dropper. Would you onle use 2/3 drops as at the mo i just tip a small amount in my hand. I cant get ferulic acid the skin place has sold out. They sell it on e.bay but in tablet form, not sure if i could powder it up
Thanks for the site shall have a look now

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
just ordered a level 6 sample.
Now i use the vit c serum, 30 mins later i apply moisturiser, at night i apply green cream. Will it flake my skin if so shall i just rub my skin, also do i use it every night or 2/3 times a week

·
Administrator
33,917 Posts
Yes I apply just a few drops in my hand and apply it that way. It is alot easier using a dropper. I would wait for the ferulic acid to get in, I don't think I would use tablet form. Alot of sites are sold out of the ferulic acid at the moment. But really I wouldn't use the tablet form. good luck with the green cream site. I use it and like it alot. It isn't just for acne prone skin. Anyone can use it. It is just a retinol base product. Very close to Retin-A, which I also use. With the green cream, you should start with the level 3, if you have not used a retinol product before.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
yes i have been for a while its a basic recipe. I have it in a 10ml bottle with lid, though i read alot of people have a dropper. Would you onle use 2/3 drops as at the mo i just tip a small amount in my hand. I cant get ferulic acid the skin place has sold out. They sell it on e.bay but in tablet form, not sure if i could powder it up

Just be sure that the tablets of ferulic don't contain fillers that would muck up the serum. I found ferulic @

Skin Actives Scientific : Ferulic Acid.

I've ordered from them before w/o problems.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,917 Posts

Just be sure that the tablets of ferulic don't contain fillers that would muck up the serum. I found ferulic @

Skin Actives Scientific : Ferulic Acid.

I've ordered from them before w/o problems.
Have you ever ordered any of their already made products? Did you like? And if so what did you order? I am liking the looks of a few. Also thinking I could order a few serums and apply my own stuff?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Felen i buy all my oils at health food shops, rose seed oil not rose hip though! The distilled water i bought at home base for few pounds, thanks for tip about distilled water, when it runs out il try making my own! There are some webites too fawnie and peri gave me making my own moisturizing cream too if it helps!
Why would anyone go through the bother of making their own distilled water?
It is not like you are going to make a better product or save tons of money for your trouble.

Anyway - NY - you have been busy! Congratulations on your new SCT Elite status!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Gymrat can you buy green cream on ebay cause i noticed that it was only samples when i saw this!

Felen you should start on lev 3 to avoid bad purging etc!

Mirecka i have distilled water at mo, but not using vit c at mo due to bad dryness dont want to get irratated skin! Think i need to wait to get used to green cream first, dont want to over do it, i think!?

Thanks though for elit thing, been spending too much time on here obviously!

21 - 40 of 162 Posts