Skin Care Talk banner
41 - 60 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Gymrat i looked on ebay and yeah it was samples i saw however if you do know if anywhere in UK does sell green cream pls pls pls let me know this will save me money in shipping fees.

I tryed to find the full bottle but could not anywhere personally! Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Why would anyone go through the bother of making their own distilled water?
It is not like you are going to make a better product or save tons of money for your trouble.

Anyway - NY - you have been busy! Congratulations on your new SCT Elite status!
I live out of town and only have a tesco near me. They only sell 3 litres of water, hence i asked for a smaller bottle, as i dont need that much and it was so heavy to carry home. (its a 20min walk). I froze the water and found popping out an ice cube is alot easier than trying to pour out of a bottle.

I'm having loads of trouble getting ph strips as i never checked the ph on my vit c. I went everywhere today with my mother, none of the chemists large or small sell them. We went to some aqautic (sp) places there ph starts at 6.5. Been on e.bay and have a couple on watch which finish in 9 days!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
sorry more questions. how on earth do you know the % of the solution, as i dont have a clue. If i measure teh PH does it need to be between 0 and 3.5 or 3.5 and higher.
I would like to make the vit c,e and ferulic but feel very unsure due to ph and solution

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
IluvNy Did you know you dont need to buy distilled water. If you freeze water then allow it to melt the water is distilled. The chemist told me.
I suspect that you might have misunderstood the chemist, or the chemist misunderstood your intentions.

Distilled water is water with all of the minerals removed. I do not see how freezing the water and then using the ice cube achieves this. Here is a link on how to make distilled water. Like I said earlier, it is so cheap that making it makes no sense to me. If you "google" - you will find other sites with similar instructions.

How to Make Distilled Water in a Coffeepot | eHow.com

If it is too difficult to carry the large bottle home, then buy the gallon, use it to fill a couple of empty plastic bottles, and toss the rest. You are only making an ounce of the serum at a time - so you do not need the whole gallon - it would last you a very long time. If bought in the store the serum would easily cost $50 or more.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by felen

sorry more questions. how on earth do you know the % of the solution, as i dont have a clue.

If you use 1 tsp of ascorbic acid, and make 1 oz of serum, the final concentration is 5g/30ml = 16.7% (roughly 30ml = 1oz).

Quote: Originally Posted by

If i measure teh PH does it need to be between 0 and 3.5 or 3.5 and higher.

The pH must be less than 3.5 to be absorbed into the skin.

Quote: Originally Posted by

I would like to make the vit c,e and ferulic but feel very unsure due to ph and solution

It seems like you started this thread without reading through the site. It would be helpful if you at least read the following - which would answer many of your questions.

http://www.skincaretalk.com/anti-agi...oned-skin.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't really know anything about making my own vitamins, but good for you in doing so!
I too, have also started to become a little worried about my skin and its appearance. I have noticed that I do not have the healthy pure looking skin that others do. I am also a smoker, so this probably adds age and other discoloration to my skin, aswell as leaving me the dark lines under my eyes.

Anyway, I have started taking this new herbal anti-aging formula that seems to work very well! It's called DermaCaps.
About one week or less after I started taking it, I noticed a big change just in my face. It seemed to almost instantly clear up my 2 pimples I had, and every morning I wake up and look in the mirror, my face looks more rejuvenated with less blemishes and other discoloration. It looks as though I am wearing make-up!
For the rest of my body and skin, I have also noticed a difference. My skin looks and feels healthier, it even feels firmer.

You should definitely check it out! This product is a little expensive but it lasts 6-12 months depending on the supply you buy. However, I think it is worth it.

·
Administrator
33,917 Posts
Gymrat i looked on ebay and yeah it was samples i saw however if you do know if anywhere in UK does sell green cream pls pls pls let me know this will save me money in shipping fees.

I tryed to find the full bottle but could not anywhere personally! Thanks
Yes I can buy it on ebay, but I don't. Here is a site but I am not sure how your ebay works being your in UK.

eBay

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
i don't really know anything about making my own vitamins, but good for you in doing so!
I too, have also started to become a little worried about my skin and its appearance. I have noticed that i do not have the healthy pure looking skin that others do. I am also a smoker, so this probably adds age and other discoloration to my skin, aswell as leaving me the dark lines under my eyes.
The single most important thing you can do for your health is to QUIT SMOKING!
You are wasting your money on anti-ageing products if you continue to smoke!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts

With the money you save - you can buy the best products on the market and go to the best spas in the world!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts

With the money you save - you can buy the best products on the market and go to the best spas in the world!
......and smell better too!
Smokers don't have any idea how foul their breath, clothing, hair and cars smell. I used to smoke. Now I know better. Hopefully it wasn't too late.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,917 Posts
Ouch fawnie!!

I never was a smoker, I can't imagine if I ever were what my skin would look like. I have enough fine lines, saggy skin, etc. to add smoking to that? Noway!!

I have heard that once you start smoking, it is an extremely hard habit to break. I had a girlfriend who replaced cigarettes with suckers and gum. I must say though, being around her was not pleasant, while she was trying to kick the habit!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I do agree, but easier said than done! I don't smoke that much, usually only when I drink. I guess I was exagerating a little on the condition of my skin, alot of people will still have bags under their eyes even if they don't smoke. I take very good care of myself and eat healthy so smoking is the only wrong action I like to blame.

Of course, I like to make up for any damage that I might create to my skin and why not boost it and give it the propper vitamins it needs. Who wouldn't want to keep their skin looking young and healthy anyway.. everybody ages.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I don't smoke that much, usually only when I drink.... I take very good care of myself and eat healthy so smoking is the only wrong action I like to blame.
Hmmmm. I guess that you know that alcohol is not good for the skin either. If you do both together - then the damage is probably attributable to both.

·
Administrator
33,917 Posts
I do agree, but easier said than done! I don't smoke that much, usually only when I drink. I guess I was exagerating a little on the condition of my skin, alot of people will still have bags under their eyes even if they don't smoke. I take very good care of myself and eat healthy so smoking is the only wrong action I like to blame.

Of course, I like to make up for any damage that I might create to my skin and why not boost it and give it the propper vitamins it needs. Who wouldn't want to keep their skin looking young and healthy anyway.. everybody ages.
Oh, so your a social smoker-
. That's ok, I know lots of people that are.

What is your skin care regimen right now? Do you have sensitive skin, etc?

Have you ever tried Vit C serum? It is a great little addition. Also, exfoliating helps, and sunscreen is a must! You could also look into either green cream or retin-A. Those are just a few things that I use, and I think they help alot with the texture of my skin. But I think Vit C would be a great place to start, really.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Okay thanks 'gymrat'! I will try a Vit C serum. My skin overall is in pretty good condition, although my face can be very sensitive and react easily to the smallest things. I do exfoliate and yes, sunscreen is very important.
Thanks for your advice.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Oh, so your a social smoker-
. That's ok, I know lots of people that are.
Au contraire! No it is NOT "OK".

When you are sitting in the bar, you are also inhaling all the 2nd hand smoke that other ppl are fouling the air with. Which is even worse. If you smoke one cigarette or 20 it's all the same: you paralyze the cilia in your respiratory system making it impossible for them to move out all the crap you are inhaling. Sludge. In your body.

Don't tell me "it's so hard to quit". If you want to, you will. That's the biggest copout on the planet. If you smoke, you are a loser. Period.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,917 Posts
Au contraire! No it is NOT "OK".

When you are sitting in the bar, you are also inhaling all the 2nd hand smoke that other ppl are fouling the air with. Which is even worse. If you smoke one cigarette or 20 it's all the same: you paralyze the cilia in your respiratory system making it impossible for them to move out all the crap you are inhaling. Sludge. In your body.

Don't tell me "it's so hard to quit". If you want to, you will. That's the biggest copout on the planet. If you smoke, you are a loser. Period.
lol ok, ok, I have never been a smoker!! I was trying to help out here.

Fawnie...........are we having a bad day?
maybe that will help

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Not a bad day at all, thanks!

But it pisses me off when ppl shrug off smoking as "just a little habit I have".
I'm pretty vehement about it, can you tell? You do not want to see me get really going about it.

Skin | care | talk

41 - 60 of 162 Posts