Skin Care Talk banner
141 - 160 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
I just got the ingredients for Kassy's Vit. C serum from Skin Actives. The sea-kelp bioferment came with 4 extra little vials - 3 of them are fragrance, but one of them is labeled "Anti-Ox Booster". Should I use this in the serum? If so, how much?

·
Administrator
33,939 Posts
I just got the ingredients for Kassy's Vit. C serum from Skin Actives. The sea-kelp bioferment came with 4 extra little vials - 3 of them are fragrance, but one of them is labeled "Anti-Ox Booster". Should I use this in the serum? If so, how much?
I just answered you on the other post Katherine. The answer is NO!!!! Don't use that in your C serum. You can use that in a cream, but I would use it at night as it will turn you orange.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thanks Gymrat. I posted it on the other thread, but then found this one, and the other one seemed like nobody had posted anything since way last year sometime. Sorry, don't mean to be a pest. The orange will wash off right?

·
Administrator
33,939 Posts
Thanks Gymrat. I posted it on the other thread, but then found this one, and the other one seemed like nobody had posted anything since way last year sometime. Sorry, don't mean to be a pest. The orange will wash off right?
No need to apologize that is what we are all here for!!! Ask all the questions you need too!!!!

Yes the orange will wash off. It is GREAT stuff, it just turns you a little orangish.
I actually mix just a drop in my body lotion at night after a shower. I will use it in a cream at night if I need too. You can also apply it straight on your face and layer it with a cream.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
HAHA! I asked the same question, Katherine. I didn't want to look all orangey! And yes, it washes off! Just be careful of your pillowcase, sheets, etc. I put a towel over my pillow the first night, but it didn't rub off. But I didn't go to bed until long after I had put it on. I imagine if you put it on and go right to bed, it might make a mess of your pillowcase.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I can't wait to mix up a batch, but I have to wait until tomorrow. I don't have any distilled water - I used the last of it to water my plants the other day.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I put it pretty close to the eye line under my eye. I don't put it on my eyelid. Just be careful to not get it IN your eye. I would imagine it would burn.

Someone more experienced and knowledgeable can correct me if I'm wrong, but so far, after six months, my undereye looks great so I don't think I'm hurting anything.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I'm not all that experienced or knowledgeable as you know
....but you're not hurting a thing Fancy! If it's working to help the undereye area, that's all the proof you need!

Props to you for not following the crowd and for experimenting on your own!!
But as you know I am just a

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
I'm not all that experienced or knowledgeable as you know
....but you're not hurting a thing Fancy! If it's working to help the undereye area, that's all the proof you need!

Props to you for not following the crowd and for experimenting on your own!!
But as you know I am just a
Omg, I think my sarcasmometer just blew up. You owe me a new one.

·
Administrator
33,939 Posts
I've got another question - can I apply the Vit. C serum around my eyes or should I avoid the eye area?
YES apply that stuff all over!!!!! Lather it on, I do-
Face, hands neck chest, etc!!!!!

·
Administrator
33,939 Posts
Are you serious?????? The filter did that????? No?!!

·
Administrator
33,939 Posts
I didn't get it either. But don't worry, being understood in not the most important thing in life.
Isn't that the truth!!! It's a good thing too, cause half the time I don't even understand myself-

141 - 160 of 162 Posts