Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way that I can use makeup to lessen the look of my pores?

·
Registered
146 Posts
vtoodler - try using a concealer all over that is just a hint lighter than your regular foundation as a base. Then apply a very light coating of your foundation over that. Flawless!

·
Registered
9 Posts
vtoodler

put concealer in all your face & it must be little pit darker than your original color to hide your pores

then put lighter coating over the concealer & the result will be fantastic
trust me>>>>>>>trust muchacha

bye

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
muchacha, is that a picture of kelly from Saved by the Bell?

·
Registered
63 Posts
i use foundation and powder to hide the pores but it actually makes it more noticeable like i am wearing clown make up, any suggestions for a good foundation that is not cakey? I thought conceleor was just for dark circles under the eyes...waht is a good one to use to cover pores?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Try mineral makeup with a primer.
Do you think that would work for someone with dry to very dry skin?

For instance, Laura Mercier offers a face primer for dry skin. I've not had luck with mineral makeup, but I did notice that the coverage you get with it is really nice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you think that would work for someone with dry to very dry skin?

For instance, Laura Mercier offers a face primer for dry skin. I've not had luck with mineral makeup, but I did notice that the coverage you get with it is really nice.
I just purchased bareMinerals and I have VERY dry, problematic skin. What I love most about it is that it looks like a powder but it's very creamy feeling on my skin. It feels like it helps nourish my skin. I also use bareVitamins which is very soothing and then I apply my own moisturizer (which is a Vitamin E cream). I apply my bareMinerals over them both and it feels incredible. It's light, but nourished and I'm very pleased. Granted...it has been only two days (lol) but I'm simply thrilled with this line of products.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mineral makeup has worked well for me . Liquid just seems to absorb into my pores and makes them look bigger. I am real happy with mineral makeup.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bare Minerals has this Mineral Veil that will fill your pores but won't clog them, and in time has been proven to shrink your pores. Its translucent and can be put on over makeup to make it last alll day

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Clinique Pore Perfector is about the only product that comes close to hiding the pores on my nose and the sides of my cheeks. And, if you apply a little product to gentley cover the pores you then can wait a few minutes and go over the same area again with your finger or a sponge to give it a really smooth over-all finish. Like smoothing out clay.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Bare Minerals has this Mineral Veil that will fill your pores but won't clog them, and in time has been proven to shrink your pores. Its translucent and can be put on over makeup to make it last alll day
Do u have to wear the minerals veil on the entire face or only on affected areas? pls advise
thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
A good foundation that is not cakey is Studio Fix by Mac which I have been using for many, many years. Use this with the primer by Laura Mercier and I am sure the appearance of your pores will be minimized. Another great foundation is Clinique Super Fit foundation - both foundations are available in a range of colours so you should not have any difficulty in finding a match for your skin tone.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
A good foundation that is not cakey is Studio Fix by Mac which I have been using for many, many years. Use this with the primer by Laura Mercier and I am sure the appearance of your pores will be minimized. Another great foundation is Clinique Super Fit foundation - both foundations are available in a range of colours so you should not have any difficulty in finding a match for your skin tone.
I love studio fix by Mac too. It gives medium coverage, easy to apply and the best thing of all, it is available in many colours. With Mac, I can get the exact colour for my skin tone unlike many other foundation brands. I don't use a primer though. What does it serve for?
Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Pumi

A primer prepares the skin for make up and you use it after misturiser but before putting any foundation, it ensures that your make up stays put all day and does not slide off. Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts