Skin Care Talk banner

Makeup and Pores

6K views 42 replies 19 participants last post by  fawnie 
Bare Minerals has this Mineral Veil that will fill your pores but won't clog them, and in time has been proven to shrink your pores. Its translucent and can be put on over makeup to make it last alll day
Do u have to wear the minerals veil on the entire face or only on affected areas? pls advise
thanks

A good foundation that is not cakey is Studio Fix by Mac which I have been using for many, many years. Use this with the primer by Laura Mercier and I am sure the appearance of your pores will be minimized. Another great foundation is Clinique Super Fit foundation - both foundations are available in a range of colours so you should not have any difficulty in finding a match for your skin tone.
I love studio fix by Mac too. It gives medium coverage, easy to apply and the best thing of all, it is available in many colours. With Mac, I can get the exact colour for my skin tone unlike many other foundation brands. I don't use a primer though. What does it serve for?
Thanks.

Pumi

A primer prepares the skin for make up and you use it after misturiser but before putting any foundation, it ensures that your make up stays put all day and does not slide off. Hope this helps.
Thanks, Chalfont. This is very helpful indeed. I am not using any primer at the moment as it didn't what was its purpose. I will check the Laura Mercier one which u recommended. Thanks a lot

I fought and fought the war on pores...Finally I just went for it and started using Retin-A to shrink them once and for all. It's working slowly but surely. I think it remodels the skin so that those baggy pores fill in with healthy new tissue.
That's great Fawnie! This gives us all hope for our large troublesome pores! Let's us know how the retin-A is working for u.
Cheers

I'm still counting on the Retin-A, but I found a genius product that fills them in temporarily: Cle de Peau Translucent Corrector for Pores. It comes in a tube, like a lipstick, and is a white solid powder/silicone stick that you rub into the pores. I use it on my nose before the foundation and it really does hide the pores all day. I got mine from a friend, but apparently it is discontinued, so I will be checking on eBay when this tube runs out, hoping to find another. Don't you love the way companies do that??
Yeah that's the problem with many companies. I was using Tresemme conditioner and shampoo for about 3 years now and they were really good for my dry hair making it all soft and manageable! Since the company has reformulated these products, they simply don't work as well! Grrrr!

Had to switch to another shampoo and conditioner now which is not so good either!
Hey, Mari where can i buy this orchid gel in the UK?
Thanks.

sure do, just when you find the right product either it's discontinued or they reformulate and it doesn't work as well. A primer I like is Orchid Gel from Skin Cosmetics -- reason it makes your skind feel like velvet, isn't heavy and dimishes the size of pores and is mattifying.
Thanks Mari. This orchid gel sounds great!! i am always looking for the perfect product to control the oil and shine on me face

Has anyone used Dr Feel Good by Benefit?? I have seen this product while shopping the other day. It is to be used as a primer and is supposed to hide lines, make the skin smooth and matte.Can be worn alone or under make-up.

I would really appreciate some opinions on this product as I am desperate to look for a primer that leaves my skin shine free. I am tired of my ever-oily skin

Thanks a lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.