Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I'm new here. I have very dry skin and wonder if anyone knows a good makeup for this that also has good coverage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have dry skin, and get away with using Estee Lauder doubleware as long as I put a good moisteriser on beforehand.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Hi,I'm new here. I have very dry skin and wonder if anyone knows a good makeup for this that also has good coverage.
Try Laura Mercier moisturizing foundation. It covers well. Ask for a few samples before you buy it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For dry skin, it is important to moisturize enough before you put makeup. A few great ways to provide sufficient moisture to your skin is:

1. Great moisturizing product (I personally recommend Clinique moisture surge)
2. Facial mask sheets

Facial masks can be used by both men and women from all ages but generally people the age of 18 and up tend to use it the most. Masks are applied after you wash your face and left on for a duration of 15-20 minutes.

Benefits of facial mask sheets include:

• Convenience - No mess. Apply within 20 secs. Simple and quick to use. Take it with you on your trips or apply it on your flight.
  • Highly effective - Immediate difference after use, quick results. Users swear that high quality face masks have a better effect than a $90 facial.
  • Organic ingredients - Natural skin care that energizes and detoxifies our face skin.
  • Perfect budget - Great prices starting from $2 and up.
  • Easy to carry - Very light and in a sealed packet. Easy to carry around during vacation.
  • Special occasions - Use the night before or on the morning of a special occasion such as a wedding, party or conference. No need to book at a spa and spend time traveling and waiting.
  • Great makeup absorption - Applying make up after the use of a face mask maximizes the absorption of makeup. Leads to smooth and shiny skin.
  • Gifts - Great gifts for your girlfriend, daughters, moms, wives. Even great for men since it is so easy and they can hide in their home.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Make sure you are using the correct skin care to dry skin first of all. Then use a hydrating primer before your foundation. And remember to exfoliate on a regular basis so skin does not become patchy and grab your foundation on application

·
Registered
7 Posts
Definetly treat your dry skin first, because no makeup is going to solve the problem, definetly work out a regimen for your dry skin, and a good moisturizer is a must.
Bubbie, again, use a moisturizer and any primer would do really, just don't use them too often because it will clog your pores. I only use primers on special occasions or if I'm going out.
Smashbox Primer
Estee Lauder
CoverFX
GOSH
Body Shop
There's so many to choose from. I've use the Smashbox, CoverFX, Body Shop and Gosh, and they all work good.

·
Registered
419 Posts
can anyone suggest a good primer for dry skin
CLinique makes a good primer..they have a tinted one as well. Doesn't dry out my skin at all. I also like Monistat Chafing Powder Gel...works great as a face primer. I know what you're thinking as I couldn't believe it either but it does work!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I love Smashbox Halo. I've ditched Bare Escentuals foundation for SH!!! I moisturize well, then use a good primer and apply my SH. I don't have to touch up my face all day except for lipstick.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I'm dead in LOVE with Smashbox Halo. Ahhhhhhhh. Wonderful. I need absolutely NO under eye concealer-nada with Halo. It's perfection! I buy mine for half the retail cost from 2 trusted ebay sellers.
And it lasts what seems like forever!!!! There's a LOT of product in there!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
CLinique makes a good primer..they have a tinted one as well. Doesn't dry out my skin at all. I also like Monistat Chafing Powder Gel...works great as a face primer. I know what you're thinking as I couldn't believe it either but it does work!
^5 for the Monistat Anti-Chafing gel as a primer! It's great!

·
Registered
419 Posts
^5 for the Monistat Anti-Chafing gel as a primer! It's great!
And thank you very much Sandia for suggesting this product to me. Loving it

·
Registered
419 Posts
You're very welcome!
Pic with Monistat "primer" and Smashbox Halo. LOVE this stuff!

Your skin and lashes look great!!! I haven't tried Smashbox Halo....but now that I see how great you look, i'll have to go and try it

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I'm dead in LOVE with Smashbox Halo. Ahhhhhhhh. Wonderful. I need absolutely NO under eye concealer-nada with Halo. It's perfection! I buy mine for half the retail cost from 2 trusted ebay sellers.
And it lasts what seems like forever!!!! There's a LOT of product in there!
Dang! Wish I'd read this post before I splurged at Sephora for it! OUCH it's pricey but very nice just as you said!
purdy!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Your skin looks awesome Sandia. I have a lot of work yet to do! Years of sun damage etc to reverse. I think I need another year! What do you feel has most contributed to your great skin?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Sandia do you get the fair color or the medium. Our skin tone is very close to the same

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Ok, looks like I will have to visit Sephora tomorrow to try this Halo powder-

1 - 20 of 53 Posts