Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used Bare Escentuals, Smashbox until.............. I discovered online about Monistat's Anti-Chafing Powder Gel. NOT THE PRODUCT FOR YEAST INFECTIONS!!
It basically has the exact ingredient as all of the high end primers. I was SOLD the first time I used it! I will NEVER pay for a high end primer again. I know tons of women who have switched from their pricey primers to Monistat's anti-chafing gel with fantastic results. For less than $5-6 a tube, you cannot beat this! Anybody here use this or heard of it? If not- give it a try! I have several backup tubes. My mineral makeup stays put until I take it off and it goes on so silky and dries very quickly. What a find!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yes, I've heard of it. I just wonder who discovered that it makes a good primer. I can't get past that!
Yeah I use it after a bikini wax but don't know if the ingredients would work as a primer for my face....

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I use it after a bikini wax but don't know if the ingredients would work as a primer for my face...

YES! Basically all primers use silicone or derivitives. Dimethicone is another common ingredient in high end primers. It's in the Monistat Anti-Chafing gel! I'm telling you- try it!! I'll use my 50 bucks that I used to spend on Smashbox primer on other skin care products!
After I've posted 15 posts I'll give a link to the benefits and comparisons to other primers. I don't skimp any more on face products- so I'm definitely not giving anybody bad advice here. But I certainly don't mind spending 5 bucks on Monistat gel when it gives me the same results as the same thing for $25-$50! My 21 yr old daughter spent months saying she wouldn't put "that stuff" on her face....... lol I kept telling her- It's NOT FOR VAGINAL USE! HAAA. She just couldn't get past the "Monistat" part. The other day she told me she finally tried it and loves it.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I've heard of it. I just wonder who discovered that it makes a good primer. I can't get past that!
I guess somebody noticed the ingredients and perhaps the way it feels on skin (inner thighs, under breasts??) are the same as they way a primer feels? I'm guessing it's the main ingredient- dimethicone- a silicone derivative. All (or most) primers have a "cone" in them- that seals in both moisture and provides a barrier to keep in oil prevent excessive oiliness that some women produce during the day. I love how silky it feels (like my other primers too) and it dries very quickly. Then I buff, buff, buff on my Bare Escentuals! My daughter just could NOT get past the Monistat name for months .. until a few days ago. I gave her a hard time in jest for a long time telling her the ingredients were the same, but she said ewwwwwwwww! Finally she used it. lol

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
http://http://experimentsinmakeup.bl...stat-anti.html

Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel as a Foundation Primer... - MakeupTalk

Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel as a foundation primer? - Gossip Rocks Forum

When I first bought it, there was one tube in Albuquerque after scouring Wal Mart and Walgreens, I swear! I was out of town when I found 5 tubes in stock at Wal Mart and I literally said "SCORE" out loud. An associate looked at me sorta funny, but I laughed and walked off. I wonder what she thought as I said that after fumbling through the Monistat products. LMAO

·
Registered
419 Posts
It's in the Monistat Anti-Chafing gel! I'm telling you- try it!!

I will try anything at least once

I have it in my vanity. I use it under my arms after shaving or after a bikini wax...it's also good for preventing chafing in the summer.

I will try it tomorrow instead of my primer and let you know how it works.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's in the Monistat Anti-Chafing gel! I'm telling you- try it!!

I will try anything at least once

I have it in my vanity. I use it under my arms after shaving or after a bikini wax...it's also good for preventing chafing in the summer.

I will try it tomorrow instead of my primer and let you know how it works.

Woohoo! Let me know! I have noticed that because of its thickness, it takes a tad more than other "primers." BUT- for the price? Can't beat it! So glad I found this forum!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Woohoo! Let me know! I have noticed that because of its thickness, it takes a tad more than other "primers." BUT- for the price? Can't beat it! So glad I found this forum!
okay. the verdict is in.
I applied the Monistat Chafing Powder Gel to my T zone this morning. Didn't wear foundation just used some concealer on the problem area and face powder. Went on smooth, not dry at all. It's 80 degrees with 70% humidity today here in Boston so basically it's a sticky day. After shopping and having dinner alfresco my face looks absolutely great! No sweating, no running, no dryness!!!
Thank you Sandial for a great product. Will definitely use it again...I have to admit that it last longer than Orchid Gel from SKINN and much less expensive!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
okay. the verdict is in.
I applied the Monistat Chafing Powder Gel to my T zone this morning. Didn't wear foundation just used some concealer on the problem area and face powder. Went on smooth, not dry at all. It's 80 degrees with 70% humidity today here in Boston so basically it's a sticky day. After shopping and having dinner alfresco my face looks absolutely great! No sweating, no running, no dryness!!!
Thank you Sandial for a great product. Will definitely use it again...I have to admit that it last longer than Orchid Gel from SKINN and much less expensive!
YAY!!!!!!! I'm so glad it worked for you!! Living in arid NM, it helps to seal IN moisture for me and also when I visit Mississippi (home) it helps when I sweat in the summer! I'm so happy for you!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I tried it out a while back on me and my mother, did a decent job on my mother, but my face looked a mess ( I guess because of my enlarged pores, it seemed to bring them out more. I think it's great stuff if you have good skin (it did the trick well enough for my mother) but made my skin look worse, it emphasized my ugly big pores! I think I will stick with my clarins, it may be a bit pricy 20$ but it's worth it to me!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Does anyone know if the Monistat Chafing Powder Gel is available in the UK? I have never seen it here before.

This sounds like a gr8 product for my oily skin. Looking forward to some replies.
Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does this stuff exsist in Canada??? Anyone know...this would be awesome for me as i spend tons on Smashbox Primers...also as a makeup artist i could recommend it to ppl....

·
Registered
502 Posts
Does this stuff exsist in Canada??? Anyone know...this would be awesome for me as i spend tons on Smashbox Primers...also as a makeup artist i could recommend it to ppl....
In case you didn't know, Monistat discontinued this product sometime last year. I think it was in the summer. You can probably get it online. I stocked up before when the stores were clearing them from their inventory. Good thing because I didn't know it was being discontinued at the time.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
In case you didn't know, Monistat discontinued this product sometime last year. I think it was in the summer. You can probably get it online. I stocked up before when the stores were clearing them from their inventory. Good thing because I didn't know it was being discontinued at the time.
I just bought some yesterday-
I use it for what it is made for, anti chaffing, for when I run.

I am not sure where you live, but where I live we have it in most stores.

·
Registered
502 Posts
so does Monistat actually prevent makeup from sliding off?
With my current foundation formulation, if I wear Monistat, I don't have to touch up my make up except for lipstick from the time I get dressed in the morning at 7:30am til I get home at night at 6pm with the exception of lipstick. I use mineral foundation which I make myself. I have normal-oily combination skin. My nose is quite oily while my forehead is not as oily as it used to be... I`m getting older. I don`t even have to blot. Without Monistat at a primer, I won`t have any foundation on my nose at the end of the day.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts