Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered mulberry root extract, licorice extract, bearberry leaf extract,
lactic acid, alpha arbutin from Garden of Wisdom and will be ordering sepi white from makign cosmetics. com...

Ninah sky had recommended that i mix the arbutin in a water based cream...Does anyone know a good water based cream?

Also onidine when you compounded sepi white what other materials did you need? I am a bit confused with the type of emulsifier and waxe i am supposed to use...

I am trying to make a cream similar to makari and fair and flawless... I hope i am
succesful.... I will let you guys know how it works out for me...

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
The recipe I used was the one posted at makingcosmeticsdotcom. If you check out SW on the site, you can see the entire recipe. Your cream sounds like it's going to be a real doody! Please keep posting about yr process & the resulting cream. I used the cream maker wax from their site. Just make sure you do not over-do with the wax or the cream will be too thick to pump out of the bottle.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have ordered mulberry root extract, licorice extract, bearberry leaf extract,
lactic acid, alpha arbutin from Garden of Wisdom and will be ordering sepi white from makign cosmetics. com...

Ninah sky had recommended that i mix the arbutin in a water based cream...Does anyone know a good water based cream?

Also onidine when you compounded sepi white what other materials did you need? I am a bit confused with the type of emulsifier and waxe i am supposed to use...

I am trying to make a cream similar to makari and fair and flawless... I hope i am
succesful.... I will let you guys know how it works out for me...
oooh cant wait to see how this one works out! Water based creams are any creams are mainly oil free - used for those with sensitive skin or acne prone skin to help prevent build up.

I have successfully used supermarket branded lotions. Lotions are better than 'creams' for water based solutions as they are lighter and easily absorbed which is what you want with arbutin. Keeps PH (very important) and arbutin stable.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Ninah sky...
thnx for responding!
can you tell me a good water based cream i could use?

and how do i make the arbutin lotion?

Can i dissolve it in water or DPG?

i want to make a 10% lotion...

ur response wud help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts