Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that you can buy male hair inhibitor creams in order to make your beard grow slower.

Has anyone here tried it?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I suppose no reason a man cannot use vaniqua. I think low dose oestrogen, like .05mg is probably healthy for males. It will counter prostate issues later in life, it will dampen overactive sex drives if only slightly, it will slow male pattern hair growth and may well halt male pattern baldness. Then again I am very progressive about these things. Soy is a good way to do this in natural way.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
I suppose no reason a man cannot use vaniqua. I think low dose oestrogen, like .05mg is probably healthy for males. It will counter prostate issues later in life, it will dampen overactive sex drives if only slightly, it will slow male pattern hair growth and may well halt male pattern baldness. Then again I am very progressive about these things. Soy is a good way to do this in natural way.
Does it also give rise to sudden unexplained emotional outburts?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Does it also give rise to sudden unexplained emotional outburts?
Not the soy! The low dose oestrogen or estrogen as called in USA is hardly enough to do much but slow hair growth and halt male pattern baldness, as soon as the breasts get tender you should slow down on it. Another option is to take cyproterone acetate (this is an androgen blocker) which will do the same thing. It is illegal in USA though, used for chemical castration in Europe in high doses, prostate cancer treatment and also in low doses used in female contraceptives to help with acne.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I've gotten 4 treatments of laser hair removal on my face and its WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!! I only shave 2 times a week now and I'm not even done with my treatments yet!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Eugh facial hair can be so annoying if you want to be clean shaven everyday, especially if you have sensitive skin coupled with a fast growing thick beard like myself. Can't imagine getting rid of it though, i like to grow out my stubble occasionally, and it's part of being a man. Maybe invest in a badger brush, double edge razor and authentic shaving soaps and creams? You'll get a better shave and may even come to enjoy it
I'm sure the ladies like a man who at least has the ability to grow a beard? No? Maybe that's where I'm going wrong :p

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
I tried that brush and shaving soap at one time, it dried my skin out like crazy and after a while my skin got rough and bumpy where I applied the foam. Rough and bumpy doesn't help to achieve smooth shave at all. Tried a couple of "natural" and not so natural soaps, but it didn't work out either. It might be fine for normal/oily skin, but for someone like me, with dehydrated and sensitive skin this method is too harsh and damaging. That was kinda frustrating because I wanted to go all cool and use a barber knife and hot towel steaming.

It's back to Mach 3 and Shiseido Men Foaming Cleanser that doubles as a wonderful cleanser and shaving foam and doesn't dry out my skin.
Strange thing I noticed, as I put on more weight I have to shave more often. When I'm in the skinny/anorectic weight range I only have to shave like 2 or 3 times a week. Must be something similar to MRS deficiency in underweight females, but I'm 100% sure that low body mass in not healthy for me and doing that for the benefit of not having shave is a bit retarded, IMO.
For the ladies part it's bit ambiguous, they like the look of it, but most can't stand the feel of it, they even have a name for that, stubble burn. Full beards are a turn-off too, apparently. I wouldn't know it from first hand experience as I have never even attempted to grow a beard, but I've heard that not even Brad Pitt can pull off a full beard.
It's weird but mostly it's men not women who comment on my untended facial hair or the lack of it, depending on situation. Males are the vainer part of human species, at least according to my dentist.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts