Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After going through about half of these creams one after another, and examing the rest a million times in the BS stores, it's obvious they're just the same cream with different colorings and stickers.

These have a long list of natural ingredients including arbutin, carrot, green tea, but seems like nothing more than the same white cream sometime tinted differently, with hidden hydroquinone or maybe other dangerous trace chemical as well.

Makes sense, one or two big companies in all beauty supply stores, most customers not realizing its all just the same big bottle "value" product they are trying in vain under different labels, one after another.

21D, DH7, H18, H20, HP25, HT25, HT26, H55+, SH18, X18, TC35, QEI+L3, AmI White, Body White, Easy White, Fair & White, Sure White, Clear & White Carrot, Extreme White, Maxi Light, Maxi White, Top White, Body Clear, Immediate Clear, G&G Clear Action, Clear Essence, Clear Fashion, Fashion Clear, Clear Fast, Clear & Smooth, Clear Touch, Body Clear, Dermaclair, Carotis, Clairliss,Clarisime,DH7, EnvI, Green Tea Lightening, Otentica, Rosance, Lexus...

·
Registered
485 Posts
My cousin had a big bottle of Clear Essence in her bathroom. That bottle so big I thought she got it at Sam's Club. lol

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
You'd think that with all these crappy big bottle cheap products, people would've caught on by now. After all, who knows anyone who is using one of them & has significantly lightened successfully? Some get duped by the 'cheap' effect (the reverse of the expensive effect). They figure they are getting a bargain because it comes in a lg package for a small price. *sigh*

·
Registered
59 Posts
there are some of us that just want to lighten; some not trying to be a different race all together. i tried rosance and i suspect its the same as fair and white; same bottle design just different label; contains 1.9 hq and it worked. i got comments that i was really white from using it.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Actually, since I began posting here, I've only encountered one or 2 people who wanted to 'change their race altogether'. I don;t doubt that some of these creams do lightwn, what I wonder about is what is actually in them. Ever since I began reading scientific studies & priduct analyses, I've become somewhat hypervigilant. Many of these products are designed by labs in Europe BUT they manufacture in parts of Africa where gov't oversight is less stringent to non existant & when analyzed in independant labs, many were found to NOT contain what the manufacturers claimed they did. These comparatively low priced creams are meant to be sold to a poorer African & Caribbean market & are in many cases responsible for the occasional skin disasters we've all seen photos of. Some contain traces of lead & mercury or high doses of steroids that do NOT appear anywhere on the labels to warn consumers. Sure, they will lighten skin: & some of them will lighten drastically. The possible risks outweigh the benefits, though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i agree ondine and notice, guesso website (i don't recommend buying from), the makers and countries are like places i've never heard of. i come to realize that it wouldn't be a bad idea to mix your own creme but knowing how to is complicated...by that, at least you know whats going in it and on the skin.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Ninasky & GoddessOfEarth (me too) are peolpe here who have experimented with home compounding. The other 2 have more experience at it than I do. I haven't given up on it though. I like the idea of knowing every single thing that's in there with 100% certainly as well as being able to make small fresh batches & not rely on someone else's sell-by date.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i will definitely dig up here to hear more about them; home compounding. i know i saw a thread a while back about mixing. the percentage and ph levels. i recall it being a major task.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts