Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a 20 yo African american male with a huge problem, Ive been wearing glasses for 10 years or so now, but just recently (year or so) they have started to leave black marks on my face and nose, As well as a way to prevent this i'd love to know how to get rid of them, they dont seem to want to come off at all and i'm stumped

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the input and yea i looked into that, im getting new glasses soon, i just wanted to see about getting the marks off-it seems like theyre permanent =\\

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Could be broken capillaries as well. This would cause a darkening of the skin if you are dark. I wear sunglasses ALL the time and have broken capillaries where they rest on top of my nose but I have a very small thin bridge. Alternatively this could be your skin being pushed together from compression thereby causing the pigment to "bunch up" and thus appear darker. Try and leave them off for 24 hours and see if it improves and if it really bothers you speak to your eye doctor about options and possibly even contacts.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Try and leave them off for 24 hours and see if it improves and if it really bothers you speak to your eye doctor about options and possibly even contacts.
Or get a lighter pair of glasses. I have a pair of titanium frameless called Silhouette that I literally forget that I am wearing. I sometimes touch the lenses just to make sure that they have not blown off my face. They are more expensive than most other brands but the first pair of glasses that I do not mind wearing and do so all the time now.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
That sounds cool Mirecka. I wish they did sunglasses like that! I have no vision issues just protect my eyes from the sun all the time and as such live in sunglasses and hate the little broken capillaries I have right on the part of my nose where the glasses touch. I have a very hard time finding pairs that suit me as I hardly have a bridge on my nose too which complicates things and makes the skin so fragile there!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts