Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which mascara do you find best? I've recently wanted to start wearing makeup (I confess to wearing little to none at all from day to day!), but am having trouble deciding which products to buy. I recently bought a cover girl waterproof mascara, but it leaves my lashes stiff and clumpy, and it's super hard to get off and I end up with eyelashes in my hands! I don't want to rip out all of my eyelashes!!!

TIA!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi elizabeth! welcome!

Wow, waterproof mascara IS hard to deal with, even for seasoned mascara users. You might try something gentler, like any of Neutrogena's mascara products (not the waterproof ones tho!).

One that I like is Clinique Lash Power. It does not smudge or flake. It forms little "tubes" around your lashes, so when you remove it, all you do is soak them with warm water for a moment and slide the tubes off by pinching and pulling gently. The tubes stay on til you remove them.

What other makeup are you going to try?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
168 Posts
I recently bought the same water proof mascara although I didn't have much problem with getting it off or clumping. I wouldn't say its great tho either. I haven't found a mascara I really like I try anything new that comes out.

Fawnie I will definitely give that clinique lash power a try it sounds great.

·
Registered
195 Posts
For mascara there are so many different kinds, but most are applied the same way.

1. Make sure that your brush isn't clumpy- so wipe off any globs on the side of your tube.

2. line your eye first, if you're a beginning (itll cover up mistakes)

3. Start as close to your lash line as possible and as you pull your mascara brush to the tips of your eyelashes keep twirling the wand.

You should find that you get a better result.

I wanna use that new drew barrymore mascara that is supposed to eluminate your eyes, but I can't remmber what it is called!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recommend Blinc Mascara HANDS DOWN! You can purchase it online it is the only mascara that does what it says on the tin! It is superb and its not that expensive either! Try it You will LOVE IT!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I recommend Blinc Mascara HANDS DOWN! You can purchase it online it is the only mascara that does what it says on the tin! It is superb and its not that expensive either! Try it You will LOVE IT!
Where online can you buy it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi elizabeth! welcome!

Wow, waterproof mascara IS hard to deal with, even for seasoned mascara users. You might try something gentler, like any of Neutrogena's mascara products (not the waterproof ones tho!).

One that I like is Clinique Lash Power. It does not smudge or flake. It forms little "tubes" around your lashes, so when you remove it, all you do is soak them with warm water for a moment and slide the tubes off by pinching and pulling gently. The tubes stay on til you remove them.

What other makeup are you going to try?
The loreal version is a copy of the Blinc Mascara and although ive not tried it loads of my mates have(as they found it easier to get hold of) and they all say it is nowhere near as good as the Blinc one! I WILL be sticking to the Blinc one as it IS BRILLIANT and im NEVER going back to the problems your finding now!

·
Registered
36 Posts
i've finally found the perfect one for me... the new max factor false lash effect mascara! its the best i've tried.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree!! Blinc 'Kiss Me' mascara is the best I have ever used, and I have used a lot. I like the fact that it isn't oil based like most all others, and you jut wash it off with warm water and pressure from your fingers and it slides off your lashes. It won't rip your lashes out. It is a very clean mascara that doesn't clump, and it stays put until you take it off. The eyeliner is really great too!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Kiss me mascara is the best i tried too. I just started using it and I love it. It stays on perfectly all day, and you don't need a makeup remover.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Agreed then! We like "tube" mascara! Kiss Me, Lash Power, etc are all tubes and are nice!

Has anyone tried the "vibrating" mascara wands? Now I see that there is a drug store version similar to the ones that Estee Lauder and Lancome brought out a while ago. Looks like fun! But would it tickle!?

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,770 Posts
I have never used Kiss me mascara. How does it compare to Lancome definicils?

And yes, I have seen the add for the vibrating mascara. I don't know about you, but I was afraid of the using the sonic toothbrush when it came out. It felt weird at first. Now it is nothing to me. So I bet this mascara would be the same. A little strange, but then you get used to it.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I saw a L'oreal vibrating one at WallieWorld today. Pulse Lash, or something like that. You know how you're sposed to wiggle the brush at the base of the lashes? Well, this does that for you. In case we are too lazy to wiggle our own brush, I guess. And like we even need mascara anyway! Haha the mascara ppl are really sweating now that Latisse is everywhere i bet!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hiya,

For some great drugstore brands, the Rimmel Sexy Curves mascara is fabulous. Is buildable and gives length and volume.

When I first tried the Lashblast I didn't like it and didn't get what the fuss was all about so threw it in my drawer, and then for some reason pulled it out again a few weeks later and now I love it. I find with all mascaras, they seem to need to be opened and have the air hit them or something, sounds strange I know, but first applications of any mascaras for me, just don't seem to be at their best. One possible drawback to the Lashblast is the size of the wand. It is pretty big, so can be a problem for some. Again, great for lengthening and volume.

Another favourite is L'Oreal Voluminous in carbon.

I never spend money on high end mascaras anymore. There are just too may great drugstore brands now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Featherlash by L'Oreal was my favorite but I think they are going to stop selling it. I now use Bare Naturals by L'Oreal. Same idea and I love it! I have thick lashes and I want to make them longer- this does the trick. People always ask me if I'm wearing false lashes. I'm not!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I like the BLINC also now that I actually have some lashes to play with. I love that is comes off without giving me raccoon eyes.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I agree!! Blinc 'Kiss Me' mascara is the best I have ever used, and I have used a lot. I like the fact that it isn't oil based like most all others, and you jut wash it off with warm water and pressure from your fingers and it slides off your lashes. It won't rip your lashes out. It is a very clean mascara that doesn't clump, and it stays put until you take it off. The eyeliner is really great too!!
Okay can someone explain to me how you get these *tubes* off at night?!?!?!?
I heard so many great things about this mascara but need one that comes off easily. Don't want to pull out my lashes or cause them to get dry and brittle. So when I hear that you put pressure on the tubes with warm water, then they fall off
(the tubes that is ).....is it that easy?? Thanks for your feedback.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts