Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people

im new to the site and joined especialy due to this section i realy need some help.. Im of asian origin.. medium to light brown skin tone and i realy want to acheive a fair skin tone
ive been looking at products for so long but so scared to use any on my skin as i have sensitive and dry skin

Can you please reccomend any products or formula i can take on to acheive this skin tone?? Ive been wanting to try something for so long but as i mentioned ive just been alittle scared to do so, incase i darken the tone of my skin or even worse.. ruin it

Any advice would be much appreciated ??

·
Registered
14 Posts
hi...why would you want a fairer complexion? when i see a bit darker than causasion skin, i think it looks so nice and get a bit envious....i know my friend is from jamaica and she had laser peel and her tone lightened....i am not sure exactly what she had done but i can see a diffference, plus her skin looks flawless .... i am going to find out and have the same procedure...and her doctor is in montreal canada....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Janet.. I realy dont feel confident in my skin tone.. i find slightly fairer skin so much more attractive and would love to acheive that skin tone! Worst thing is i tan so easily

I dont want to go much lighter but would be so much more confident if i was slightly fairer and acheived the complexion ive always wanted

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Janet.. I realy dont feel confident in my skin tone.. i find slightly fairer skin so much more attractive and would love to acheive that skin tone! Worst thing is i tan so easily

I dont want to go much lighter but would be so much more confident if i was slightly fairer and acheived the complexion ive always wanted
i understand.....i dont agree but thats just me.... if i could darken a bit, i would in a heart beat!!!!!!! My friend had some laser procedure that did lighten her skin and she is thrilled with the results, and her complexion is beautiful... she is 50....Dont know if that helps, but i know it worked for her....best of luck to you

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Welcome to the forum, sweetness! Glad you found us. Do a little reading & fishing around. There are options out there for your complexion. If you are an otherwise happy & confident person & it is just this that you want to change, then go ahead & do so. Some people feel pressured by others to make bodily changes. Just make sure you are doing it for YOU. Could you please share a little more about yourself & your skin such as what products you've tried in the past, your age, if you typically react badly to creams/lotions etc? This'll help people make suggestions you can actually use.

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
Hey sweetness, it seems like you can get to where you want to be with HQ 4%/RA 0.5% in 6 to 8 months, you can get them from alldaychemist.com. You apply the HQ/RA at night and then in the morning apply the HQ and sunblock. Another thing I would suggest from seeing the recent postings is the Alldaychemist's version of Triluma - 0.025% Retin-A, 2% Hydroquinone, and 0.1% mometasone furoate, this is a mild formula to lighten already fair skin.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey sweetness, it seems like you can get to where you want to be with HQ 4%/RA 0.5% in 6 to 8 months, you can get them from alldaychemist.com. You apply the HQ/RA at night and then in the morning apply the HQ and sunblock. Another thing I would suggest from seeing the recent postings is the Alldaychemist's version of Triluma - 0.025% Retin-A, 2% Hydroquinone, and 0.1% mometasone furoate, this is a mild formula to lighten already fair skin.
you sound very knowlegable... i am impressed

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could you please share a little more about yourself & your skin such as what products you've tried in the past, your age, if you typically react badly to creams/lotions etc? This'll help people make suggestions you can actually use.

Hi Odine- Your spot on babe i think my skin colour is probably the only thing that makes me lack confidence sometimes

Im 23 years of age.. have pretty good normal skin.. can be alittle sensitive.. which usually reacts to harsh toners and exfoliators, i cant really comment on lightening products as ive never used any before?

I would like something mild and effective, maybe to lift 2/3 shades lighter.. any
suggestions??

Thankyou for the advice LightNLift.. are theese creams? gels? or home made formulas??

Also does ADC deliver to the UK??

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Once again thanx
Gosh i just checked out the Alldaychemist site.. its is so confusing to me.. double dutch?? As you can tell im new to all this..

Please help.. im lost! ;/

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
It is a confusing site but their new & improved apparently 'user-friendly' site ought to be up within a few days so navigating around on it will be easier.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is a confusing site but their new & improved apparently 'user-friendly' site ought to be up within a few days so navigating around on it will be easier.
I hope so then i can get ordering

Ondine- im getting alittle lost with all the home made formulas

Also would really like a permanent method.. and prefrebly one which i wont have to stick to and have the need to apply long term?.. what would you say could get me that result?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
So far , there is nothing that is guaranteed to have permanent results on everyone who uses it. Not even mono20%! In some cases it does achieve permanent lightening as has 20% HQ but typically, for most people, a maintenance regimen must be used. This means using the lowest dose with the least frequency you can get away with w/o seeing re-darkening. As for home compounding, this is not a good place to begin when you're new at this. I really don't suggest it.

Since your skin is sensitive to many toners & exfoliants, you definitely want to begin with the mildest RA (0.025%) & begin very slowly. Once you decide that you are going to use this, just pop back in & everyone'll rush to advise you how to begin using it, what to expect & watch for as well as how to 'buffer' the product initially in order to mitigate the potential for irritation. When I began in Jan with the HQ, I was clueless so I bought the 0.1% & jumped right in. I got lucky, looking back. A lot could've gone terribly wrong. You'll go through an initial shedding (purging) phase wherein yr skin will shed away a ton of accumulated dead skin you didn't know you had. Anyhow, once you actually make yr choices, please don't feel like you're being annoying by asking 'newbie' questions.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So far , there is nothing that is guaranteed to have permanent results on everyone who uses it. Not even mono20%! In some cases it does achieve permanent lightening as has 20% HQ but typically, for most people, a maintenance regimen must be used. This means using the lowest dose with the least frequency you can get away with w/o seeing re-darkening. As for home compounding, this is not a good place to begin when you're new at this. I really don't suggest it.

Since your skin is sensitive to many toners & exfoliants, you definitely want to begin with the mildest RA (0.025%) & begin very slowly. Once you decide that you are going to use this, just pop back in & everyone'll rush to advise you how to begin using it, what to expect & watch for as well as how to 'buffer' the product initially in order to mitigate the potential for irritation. When I began in Jan with the HQ, I was clueless so I bought the 0.1% & jumped right in. I got lucky, looking back. A lot could've gone terribly wrong. You'll go through an initial shedding (purging) phase wherein yr skin will shed away a ton of accumulated dead skin you didn't know you had. Anyhow, once you actually make yr choices, please don't feel like you're being annoying by asking 'newbie' questions.

Is mono 20% realy harsh on the skin and is it damaging???
What product has this ingredient in it that does the job well??

Which products would you reccomend for me, that have 0.025% RA in them?
Also which would you reccomend that include 2% to 4% HQ in them??

I have read so many posts stating that HQ should be used during the day time.. and RA + HQ should be used as a night treatment?? is this so??

to follow this regime which ready made products would you recommend i purchase??

(prefrably creams as my skin is more on the dry side)

Thanks your a star

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok so after all your great advice ive come up with a regime that i could follow..

Morning- 2% HQ.. either the skinlite i.e triluma version from ADC or the Alustra version?.. which would you guys say i order??

Night- After reading LnLs posts im thinking of going for the skinelite version of 4% HQ and 10% LA and using the 0.025% RA along with this??.. but i dont know if this will work as the HQ is liquid based so i wont be able to mix???

Any suggestions??

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
the skielite versions is gel, so try to order Retin-A 0.025% GEL from ADC or any pharmacy. When you do get both products, apply the Retin-A 0.025% gel 30 minutes after washing ur face, then apply the HQ 4% 30 minutes after you have applied hte REtin-A. You should be great.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the skielite versions is gel, so try to order Retin-A 0.025% GEL from ADC or any pharmacy. When you do get both products, apply the Retin-A 0.025% gel 30 minutes after washing ur face, then apply the HQ 4% 30 minutes after you have applied hte REtin-A. You should be great.
Awesome! im excited now!
lol

ok ill go for gel!

and what do you say about the triluma version skinlite from ADH?

which should i go for?.. Alustra or Skinlite??..
As im planning to use this during the day will the RA in Skinlite have a bad effect??
But i dont understand half of the ingredients in Alustra.. so what do you think??

·
Registered
136 Posts
sweetness- have you started your journey to lighter skin?? im scared to try the HQ/RA formula.. my skin colour is the same as yours..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Sam.. no i have not as yet.. had trouble with placing my order on the ADC website. Hopefully they will sort out the problem soon, then i shall be able to place the order and once i receive my products i shall keep you all informed on how it is coming along ... dont know how long it will be before the flight takes of tho

1 - 20 of 26 Posts