Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a review of this cream called MEDliten and it says its good for skin lightening. Has anyone tried it and know if its worth it? It looks good but the bottle looks tiny (only 1 oz) for $50. I want to know people's result before ordering. Thanks!!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
This product has been checked out on this forum before but I forget which thread it was in. I was one of the 'checker-outers'. The short version is: SAVE YR money: it is grossly overpriced & not very effective. Do not be fooled by elaborate ad-copy. Some people think that the more written info there is, the more effective & 'scientific-sounding' a product is.

Usually, legit products tell you a few things:

1. What is in the product (active ingredients etc)
2. What format it is (cream, gel, serum etc)
3. What it is supposed do do (lighten, tan, relieve hives, moisturize or whatever)
4. How to use it correctly.
5. The time frame for results.
6. Possible adverse reactions/warnings.
7. Amt in the package
8. price.

Some sites will offer a link to alleged 'supporting research' but this is often specious. For ex, a site selling a cream containing a retinol will add a link to research about tretinoin (NOT the same thing). A site selling a cream containing collagen will add a link discussing the beneficial role collagen plays in the skin (true, BUT NOT IN THEIR STUPID CREAM FORMAT!).

If they have to con you with 'testimonials' or alleged before & after photos, if they have to BS you about their 'celebrity clientele' or use buzz words like 'exclusive' or 'rare', don't be fooled. If it was sooo exclusive, it wouldn't be available online to anyone with $50 to waste. What role does 'exclusion' play in skin lightening (a science) anyhow? What's the big deal with celebs? Many of them are ingesting all sorts of substances, are addicts & look awful. For me, this would be a red flag about what NOT to use! A 'testimonial' can be written by anyone at all. Please use some common sense before clicking on PAY.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Ondine for your help. I was thinking the website looked a little fishy since they have a bunch of photos of doctors but never tell you any information about the company like address, phone num, etc.

Ondine, you really are our "Neo" in this skin lightening world

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Thanks for the compliment, ragtop. Those Dr photos cracked me up too: esp since they look like 'soap-opera' Dr's. Next time you are at a hospital, take a good look at what most Dr's really look like: you'll LOL. Who's to say that those models are actually Dr's anyways? ANYONE could put on a white coat & casually drape a stethoscope around their neck. Think too: WHAT would a skin lightening cream compounding Dr even DO with a stethoscope: check the Kojic Acid's blood pressure

This is a funny as ads for skin lightening creams targeting black african clients that show a Scandinavian model holding up the cream. Are they implying that the cream made the woman go from Senegalese to Swedish? Or that the cream can make a Dinka tribeswoman turn into a Norwegian
. This type of ad preys not-to subtly on the insecurities of vulnerable women who have bought into the caucasian 'ideal'. This is NOT a smear against the gorgeous model who was born that way & is just doing a JOB. It is the company who is at fault. This type of ad, & those implying you'll be rich, famous, popular etc. IF you lighten using their crap is something else to avoid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I saw a review of this cream called MEDliten and it says its good for skin lightening. Has anyone tried it and know if its worth it? It looks good but the bottle looks tiny (only 1 oz) for $50. I want to know people's result before ordering. Thanks!!

I purchased this product MEDliten about 2 months ago. Don't waste your money, this product is worthless! I used it as directed for over 6 weeks with ZERO results.

Wish I knew about this community sooner.

WYD1

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know how long your surpose to use the MEDliten before seeing results but I can tell you I've not seen even the slightest change and I've been using it for 3 weeks. Morning and Nigth

1 - 8 of 8 Posts