Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Donaldo! What's with the new Apu Avatar? I burst out laughing; I love Apu. Hmmm..."Donaldo Nahasapimapetilons" has a nice 'ring' to it...
just teasing you.

As for the Civant, you would be paying for a little amt of cheap cream in a very expensive package (& paying for their fancy website too). I know someone who bought a lot of this, tried it out & got minimal results. They are very slick & convincing. Note the coersive nature of the model in the ad. This woman is 100% caucasian & looks like she's never even had a tan in her life. Are they telling people that they will achieve her skin tone? Most Caucasians are not as fair as that model. Are we to believe that this woman was once brown, used the Civant & turned this fair? Please, Apu, save your money!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Not sure if there is a topic already, i couldn't find one...but has anyone used this? and how was their results, sounds really good.

MeladermÂae Official Site - Skin Lightening Cream
I have seen it around but havent heard any feedback on it.. I was considering dermaline this morning. However it is SO expensive.. she was saying it would be like $180 just for the cream and the lotion.. they come in liters, but still!!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Hi Donaldo,

Ondine is right in some respects. It is pretty expensive, especially for me in Australia with shipping etc. Although the service is very fast. I got mine in less than a week, and that was with the cheapest shipping option. I have been using it for exactly 11 weeks now, and it does work, to a degree. I am a very fair caucasian but my face has always been much darker than my body, due to excessive sun exposure in my youth. Plus I have a lot of extra dark spots, etc on the lower sides of my face and neck. My face is now I would say 1-2 shades lighter (still have a long way to go, though) and the dark marks have faded considerably. My husband backs this up. I'm not sure whether I would continue to lighten or not if I keep using it. Has anyone on here used it for longer than three months?

Anyway, I am about to start on Retin-A/HQ 4% because, although the Meladerm is working, I now want something stronger and faster. Lots of people on here rave about Retin-A/HQ 4% so I've ordered it.

So in summary, it does work, it is lovely to use, very gentle on skin, has no HQ (in case you are averse to it) etc, but is perhaps a little expensive and slow (for me anyway) but that may be because of the state of my skin.

I hope that helps

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
the Q switched ruby laser really helps break up melanin for lasting results according to my research on google. I saw tons of before and after pics and for those with dark skin or even a tan , after they got the procedure they were pinkish/white

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Wow, I'll have to have a look. I've always been too scared to go that route. I hear so many stories of laser making things worse. I wish I had the courage to try though. Have you got a link for those pictures?

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
yeah me too but it seems pretty harmless, I mean idk its like one of those fears before u try something, same thing happened with me when I wanted to try chemical peels, thought it would scar my skin for life.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Thanks for the feedback on the meladerm. Sounds like something best left to our white friends here trying to remove post tanning hyperpigmentation. Apparently, hyperpigmented skin (melasma, too much sun) responds more rapidly to lightening agents than does naturally darker skin for some reason. THe Derms aren't 100% sure why & this is difficult to study. The price of meladerm is off the charts, though & not reasonable for overall lightening in naturally darker people.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
About the model on the civant website, along with their whole entire website it's all a pre-designed site they paid for, they did not even hire a designer...lol. I know this because I had accidentally found the web template somewhere else last year and I was trying to oplace my finger on it of why it looked so familiar...only difference is that they added some text and a pict of their product! If I can remember, there web template only cost around $60-80bucks for it. Anyone can easily buy the same template with the same model's photo in it

I heard alot of people say they did not lighten with Meladerm and that the jar is quite small. But, when I took a look at their ingredients it kind of confused me because it seemed like they have a good list so how come it did lighten people? My only guess was that their product maybe too diluted and that they used the smallest percentage possible of these ingredients so they can say it works. Heres the list if anyone wants to check it out:

Water, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Peg-4 (and) Lactic Acid (and) Kojic Acid (and) Butylene Glycol (and) Mulberry Extract (and) Bearberry Extract (and) Licorice Extract, Alpha Arbutin, Ethoxydiglycol, Emulium Delta, Alkyl Benzoate, Sunflower Oil, TegoÂae Cosmo C250, Glycereth 26, Glycereth Stearate, Steareth 2, Steareth-21, Lipowax D, Glycerin, Gigawhite™ (Mallow Extract, Peppermint Leaf Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Alchemilla Vulgaris Extract, Veronica Officinalis Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract), Botanimulse, Dimethicone, Urea, Stearyl Alcohol, Carbopol 980, Trolamine, Sodium Metabisulfite, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Graphites, Hommacord, Malakite Liquid, Lemon Juice Extract, Emblica Extract, Sorbic Acid, Fragrance

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
About the model on the civant website, along with their whole entire website it's all a pre-designed site they paid for, they did not even hire a designer...lol. I know this because I had accidentally found the web template somewhere else last year and I was trying to oplace my finger on it of why it looked so familiar...only difference is that they added some text and a pict of their product! If I can remember, there web template only cost around $60-80bucks for it. Anyone can easily buy the same template with the same model's photo in it

I heard alot of people say they did not lighten with Meladerm and that the jar is quite small. But, when I took a look at their ingredients it kind of confused me because it seemed like they have a good list so how come it did lighten people? My only guess was that their product maybe too diluted and that they used the smallest percentage possible of these ingredients so they can say it works. Heres the list if anyone wants to check it out:

Water, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Peg-4 (and) Lactic Acid (and) Kojic Acid (and) Butylene Glycol (and) Mulberry Extract (and) Bearberry Extract (and) Licorice Extract, Alpha Arbutin, Ethoxydiglycol, Emulium Delta, Alkyl Benzoate, Sunflower Oil, TegoÂae Cosmo C250, Glycereth 26, Glycereth Stearate, Steareth 2, Steareth-21, Lipowax D, Glycerin, Gigawhiteâ„¢ (Mallow Extract, Peppermint Leaf Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Alchemilla Vulgaris Extract, Veronica Officinalis Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract), Botanimulse, Dimethicone, Urea, Stearyl Alcohol, Carbopol 980, Trolamine, Sodium Metabisulfite, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Graphites, Hommacord, Malakite Liquid, Lemon Juice Extract, Emblica Extract, Sorbic Acid, Fragrance
I think Ondine has hit the nail on the head. I think it works well for small areas on naturally fair people, but certainly not for all over. One bottle only last me about three weeks and that is only using it on my face. They say half a pump for the whole face but I need a whole one. So yes, totally unrealistic for all over the body. And not the most effective thing out there anyway, as I've learnt on here.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, im not going to get it then. Seems it's not for the darker skin people.

Ondine...im glad you like my new Avatar : )

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
It's the BEST! Your face was great too...but you just can't compete with APU!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, i've never heard about this meladerm,
but the sentence in your signature really impressed me...so true!
(with excuses to all the pretty women in this forum

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi I have light brown skin n I am asian. i desire fairer skin.. should i bleach my skin or use fair and flawless? or meladerm? which is more effective and safe?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh wow, I see they also like to use a paragraph worth of ingredients just like the cheaper brands do. Funny thing is, I went to their site to check out the ingredients in the fade cream and they had it listed as follows:

Alpha Arbutin
Tego Cosmo C
Gigawhite
Kojic Acid
Licorice Extract
Niacinamide
Mulberry Root Extract
BearBerry Extract
Glycolic Acid
Lactic Acid
Lemon Juice Extract
Vitamin C
Now these here are all ideal lightening ingredients, and if used exclusively together, would surely be one hell of a formula, but Meladerm like most other brands, likes to pile in a bunch of redundant filler ingredients, and then neglect the give the full list on their site. Because of this, I actually had the impression that these were the only ingredients in their formula. Good thing I decided to do come here and do some background research.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts